Release Something 2012! Time's up!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 02/06/2012 15:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSlash

Concept art of one of the Space Quest 12 characters:

Kastchey

1: x2 2: x2 3: x2 4: High-res! :cool: x1!
1&2 are screenshot mockups based on loose ideas for a game, 3 is a remake of my old MAGS game, The Snow Queen, 4 is an attempt at 640x480 resolution, a background+some sprites.

DoorKnobHandle

Thanks for the kind words both here and on Youtube for Troopers and Dead Silent! Some breathtaking work in here so far, gotta love Release Somethings!

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Kastchey on Tue 05/06/2012 16:22:25
1: x2 2: x2 3: x2 4: High-res! :cool: x1!
1&2 are screenshot mockups based on loose ideas for a game, 3 is a remake of my old MAGS game, The Snow Queen, 4 is an attempt at 640x480 resolution, a background+some sprites.

NICE! The first one looks like a oil painting!
Second is cool, Third looks awesome I love the look of the three eyed guy (forgot what there called) and the 4th looks beautiful I'd use it as my wall paper if it didn't have characters in it :P (The charaters look great too!) Stuff like that is why I love pixel art.

LimpingFish

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 05/06/2012 08:10:23
..... and somehow I am very attracted to naked hamster's bunny game :D Mr. LimpingFish, low res?? No CGI? *mind blown*

Thanks! I'm on a major NES buzz at the moment, so I figured I'd try my hand at a NES-esque type of game. I don't know what I'm doing! ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Kastchey on Tue 05/06/2012 18:55:15
@Frito
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/Kastchey/mysteria_640x400.png
:)
Thanks for the kind words!

Np thank you.
Hey if you ever get bored I wouldn't mind having you draw a environment for me. I don't have much practice in the way of it.

Privateer Puddin'

By no means final, but the latest thing put in game..

Vince Twelve

In honor of me making what should be my very last edit to Resonance tonight, I'm releasing Resonance's stats for those who are into this kind of thing:

Some other stats:

Rooms: 77
# of Global .asc files (not including the room script files): 15
Lines of code (including white space and commented out lines because I can't be arsed to figure it out otherwise): 106368 (ish)
Lines of recorded speech: 5167
Non-speech Audio tracks (sound fx and music are all mixed up together): 304
Exhausted developers: all of them

veryweirdguy

No inventory items and no dialog? Sounds TERRIBLE.

(Congratulations, and best of luck with the release!)

JJS

Some years ago I figured I could make a game, but I never did anything except what you see here. I don't even had a story and I fail to come up with something non-cliché and compelling. The game was supposed to be horror-themed with the biggest inspiration being Shadow of the Comet.

As you can see, the graphical "gimmick" of the game was the letterboxing with some overhanging elements.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Ponch

I don't have any screenshots to show, since development on this thing isn't that far along yet, but I do have a few model sheets from a little project I'm working on in my free time with a few other AGSers in the old PM box.

These are my designs for the two player characters and their space ship. I won't be the one turning them into sprites, so I'm excited to see how our sprite artist interprets these ladies.

I drew them with a roller ball ink pen on copy paper, and made them into quick character and coloring guides in GIMP, so they're not terribly fancy, but I always like to get a feel for what my characters and their world will look like before I fire up my ancient copy of AGS 2.72 and start working on the game. And the most relaxing way to do that is on the sofa with a sketchbook in my lap, a diet soda in my hand, and reruns of Fantasy Island on the TV.

There. I have released something. Life is good.  8-)

monkey0506

Well, as of today, I have released the Interfacer module v0.80 Beta 4, the Interfacer plugin v0.80 Beta 4, and the Interfacer plugin v0.80 Beta 4 source.

To save you having to read through the rather verbose thread, it's a way to simplify creating your user interface. With the plugin you can set up most aspects of your interface without having to touch a single line of code, from what happens when you click on a GUI button to what happens when you press a button on the keyboard. The module also has some additional options, but you'll have to use some very basic coding. Check it out, I'm taking suggestions on what functionality you'd like to see it take on, and I also posted a list of features that I myself would like to include.

Jakey

Very cool stuff here. I'm too busy at the moment to continue work on my AGS project. So far I've just implemented some grid-based movement (with a few ripped sprites) here's a demo for just the movement aspect of the future game: move demo
Use keyboard to move and 'o' key to open controls menu (I don't recommend assigning a key with 'o' atm).
"Esc" to quit.

When I have more time the next phase with be finishing off interaction with other characters and objects. 

Andail

Hello!
I compiled a few screenshots from my GiP (which is still too fresh to have its proper GiP thread), The Samaritan Paradox:
[imgzoom]http://esseb.com/andail/screens.png[/imgzoom]

It's still a bit rough, but I'm working diligently most of my spare time.

arj0n

Nice Samaritan Paradox screenshots Andail!

CaptainD

Quote from: Andail on Mon 11/06/2012 15:48:02
I compiled a few screenshots from my GiP (which is still too fresh to have its proper GiP thread), The Samaritan Paradox:

WOW.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

DKH, the gameplay video from your game made my eyes explode out of their sockets.  I want a beta immediately!

This stuff looks so good I figured I should show some of the minor progress I've been making with one of my games:

A bit old but only a few people have seen this:
[imgzoom]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr218/ProgZmax/acescreen.gif[/imgzoom]

And this was completed today:
[imgzoom]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr218/ProgZmax/guilesworthspeech1.gif[/imgzoom]

Also, some sprite designs from an rpg I'm messing with:

Ponch

Is this Hard Space: The RPG: The Next Generation? And it that Thaddeus Starfukked in the fist shot? I like it! :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk