Release Something 2012! Time's up!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 02/06/2012 15:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Hello, AGS community. How are you? That's good. What have you been up to? I don't know anymore because you never tell me!

It's time to change this!

It has been a whole darn year since the last Release Something and that means it's time to show us what you've all been working on! Post screenshots, animations, game demos, tech demos, rolling demos, voice demos, code modules, game music, I don't care what it is, but show us!

Show a sneaky screenshot of that super secret AGS game you've been making but don't want to do a GiP thread for. We're curious! Making a game that's not in AGS and so don't want to post it because you're too polite? Post it here! Just learning to draw and you're starting to create some game assets? Show us!

We love you, AGSers. You have until the end of June.

Release something.

veryweirdguy

FINE, JEEZ, STOP ASKING.

I've been keeping this to myself, but I'm working on some animation stuff (nothing to do with AGS I'm afraid.) Here's a test thingy I've done for it!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppsukWpIn5o

So, there's that!

I might show you guys some stuff from my current AGS thing as well IF YOU ASK NICELY (you don't have to ask nicely.)

(PS Ben why aren't you showing anything you're making me sad.)

arj0n

A screeny of a bit less easy level of Blockz:

CaptainD

The transporter animation from the Captain Disaster game I'm working on:

monkey0506

Guess there's no need to release Beta 4 when I could just post this screenshot.:) (roll)

DoorKnobHandle

This is the current state of my real-time strategy game called "Troopers" - made with AGS!

[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hEdTM9iMxr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

And this is a game that I started writing in AGS but then switched to a custom engine and C++. It's like a X-Wing/Wing Commander/Free Space game, an action space sim in other words. It's going to be an actual indie game! :) Check out a 380-posts development thread too, HERE!

[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5zVXmxa3OWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Let me know what you guys think!

LostTrainDude

Quite fine, yet busy here, but thanks for asking :D

I'm working on my novice skills as a painter

Other than that, some time ago (maybe December 2011-January 2012) I wrote this script, testing some sort of simple "Morality" system.

Code: AGS
// Morality.asc

// Variables for each morally influenced action
int renegade = 0;  // Increases with bad actions
int paragon = 0;   // Increases with good actions
int fame = 0;      // Increases whenever the player chooses to act, both in a good and bad way
export renegade, paragon, fame;

function GoodActDone() 
{
  // Happens when the player chooses to act in a good way
  // He becomes less a renegade and more a paragon
  // Fame increases, since he chose to act
  renegade--;
  paragon++;
  fame++;
}

function GoodActNotDone()
{
  // Happens when the player chooses not to act when could do a good action
  // He becomes more a renegade
  // He gets no fame, since he avoided to act
  renegade++;
}

function BadActDone()
{
  // Happens when the player chooses to act in a bad way
  // He becomes less a paragon and more a renegade
  // Fame increases, since he chose to act
  renegade++;
  paragon--;
  fame++;
}

function BadActNotDone()
{
  // Happens when the player chooses not to act when could do a bad action
  // He becomes more a paragon
  // He gets no fame, since he avoided to act
  paragon++;
}

Code: AGS
//Morality.ash
#define TOT_REP (paragon + renegade) / fame

import int paragon;
import int renegade;
import int fame;

import function GoodActDone();
import function GoodActNotDone();
import function BadActDone();
import function BadActNotDone();
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Vince Twelve

I suppose I could release something around, say, the 19th of this month...

DKH, that space game looks amazing!

Igor Hardy

Wow - this thread has a very matrixy edge to it - walls of code that you have to reinterpret in your brain to see the glourious game worlds.

I shall add an aproppriate taste(r) of my current project tomorrow.

Dave Gilbert

Quick programmer sketch of something that might end up in the next Blackwell game:

The color squiggles are supposed to be graffiti!

WHAM

I think the image speaks volumes in itself.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

kconan

Here is a fun little AGS screenshot:

Troopers looks awesome DKH!

Icey

Not what I plan to release but instead, rather show.

It's a concept plan of a shooter game. I have it all worked out how I will make but I just don't know yet if I am able to code it as of now :/

Plus Downloadable Outfits for PMQ.Legends and PMQ.Online.

Igor Hardy

And here's my "something". These are 2 temp (very temp!) images from The Thought Saved for Last where you have to rewire thoughts inside a man's gradually shrinking brain before his mind loses all connection to reality, or even dies. You know - after Snakes of Avalon I decided to make something darker and more serious in tone.

It's going to be a highly non-linear, turn-based adventure game with experimental interface, multiple endings, and this time YOU're the one who constructs the main character's inner narrations and perceptions.

The thoughts you manage to save for the last few turns determine the ending.

I've been working on this for months and the technical side has taken a lot of the time, but starting this weekend I'm finally focusing on finalizing the graphic assets (for AGS 720p), so expect a proper WIP thread within a week or 2. Though I do admit I was wrong in such estimates before.

WHAM

Quote from: Pub master on Sun 03/06/2012 18:22:25
It's a concept plan of a shooter game. I have it all worked out how I will make but I just don't know yet if I am able to code it as of now :/

Does anyone even think Isiah will pull this off? We haven't even seen a single proper game from this guy and now he's doing a shooter with AGS.
Bwahahahaha!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

CaptainD

Igor, that looks like a fascinating project you've got there!  (nod)

Icey

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 03/06/2012 19:19:32
Quote from: Pub master on Sun 03/06/2012 18:22:25

Does anyone even think Isiah will pull this off? We haven't even seen a single proper game from this guy and now he's doing a shooter with AGS.
Bwahahahaha!

Foolish creature, I have enough on my plate to deal with. I always make up pictures like these to help settle the thought of the game. This is good for me so I don't rush in there and try to start making a new game when I got 50 others to finish.

So I don't plan on working on this until I finished a lot of my other works.

But I plan to release a little Demo or something small of Mile's Adventure.

selmiak

okay, no GIP thread for this yet, as I work way to little on it, but will concentrate on it again in the future... at least I tell myself so ;)

an overview of a beach of a tropic island where there are evil things going on:

and the same thing with 3 frames of life in it:
Spoiler
[close]

Igor Hardy

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 03/06/2012 19:35:04
Igor, that looks like a fascinating project you've got there!  (nod)

Thanks Dave! I'm really happy about the game's strange play mechanics. It's going to be pretty different from your traditional adventure game, while still an adventure at its core.

Eric

No one's shared any music in the thread so far (unless I've looked over something), so I thought I might share some things I've been working on. I'm doing demos by creating my sheet music in a program called Guitar Pro, which exports horrible-sounding MIDIs, which, when run through a program called GXSCC, makes really neat sounding 8-bit tunes.

My end goal is not to use the 8-bit tunes, but to record actual versions of the songs with real instruments. I've done a real instrument demo of one of the songs, but I'll share the NES-style versions first:

The Grand Tour (you may recognize this one as an entry in the tunes contest -- it was called 'Keystone Chase' there).

Port Cumulus Rag - This version has a click track, but won't in the real version. This will be a single guitar played in the style of Etta Baker with perhaps a jug bass accompaniment. Here's a PDF of the sheet music & tablature if you'd like to play along at home.

AQ Theme - This is the main theme song for my game / my future transmedia empire. Two verses with lyrics with an instrumental section in between. No vocals on either this version or the one below. I'm not sharing the lyrics either, suckers.

AQ Theme (real instruments) - Here's a demo of the AQ theme with actual instruments. The guitar plays the melody for the lyrics during the verse, and some improvisational soloing during the instrumental bit (though I transcribed the improvising for the above version, and now it's what I play every time). In the final version, I'd love to replace this guitar with a clarinet (and different music, naturally, as the clarinet is a single-note instrument), but I don't know any clarinetists. Any clarinetists out there in AGS land with access to decent recording equipment?

I've got some other tracks I've been noodling with. I'll try to transcribe them before the end of the month and share some versions here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk