Monkey Island demake RESURRECTED!!! A new programmer.

Started by Edgar_España, Fri 08/06/2012 20:47:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Edgar_España

Hi man. I'm sorry, but once your message is translated, I did not understand very well what you wanted to say. (Sorry but not much English control)

If I took that you to become responsible for the English translation of the DEMO, right?
And tell me something that you can do it simply if you pass 'rts' files. I looked inside the mother folder but I have not found files rts...

Not be very well if I've heard or what. In any case, the game is now being testing. Once delete errors that may be, I will climb already, because I am not going to do anything more (in fact have more than 2 months without advance)

The good news is that, although we now have not started, I have more or less a team and soon we are going to start with a real (still based on the Monkey universe) original project that I will open a thread in this forum.

However, with regard to the translation, once tested, I explain how or what you need, and I command you that you btranslate. There is also an Italian boy interested in traducirloa their language.
I have no problem, once of finished the DEMO, spending what you do need to be translated...

Thank you for your attention...

Gus

(Spanish version below / en español más abajo)

Hi Edgar. I don't know if this could be of any help to you given that it's in english and your grasp of the language seems to be a bit shaky, but in this link you have the script for "The Curse of Monkey Island".

I don't know whether you are using a similar script in spanish or getting the lines directly from a spanish version of the game, in any case I think it would be much better to have the original script rather than making a translation of a translation.

I take it you've never played the english version, if that's so then you may notice there is a scene that was cut out of the spanish edition, it's the song that the pirates sing when you finally get a ship to leave Puerto Pollo. My guess is that they took it out because it was particularly hard to translate.

As for the .rts file another user asked you for, you need to make a new entry under "Translations" in the AGS editor, that will create the file in your project folder.

Hola Edgar. No sé si esto te será de alguna ayuda porque está en inglés y tu dominio del idioma no parece muy sólido, pero en este enlace tienes la transcripción de "The Curse of Monkey Island".

No sé si estás usando un documento similar en español o si estás sacando las frases directamente del juego en español, en cualquier caso creo que sería mucho mejor usar el guión original que hacer una traducción de una traducción.

Supongo que nunca has jugado a la versión inglesa del juego, en ese caso te darás cuenta de que hay una escena que se eliminó de la edición española; la canción que cantan los piratas cuando consigues el barco para salir de Puerto Pollo. Imagino que la quitaron porque era particularmente difícil de traducir.

En cuanto a los archivos .rts que te pedía otro usuario, tienes que crear una entrada nueva en "Translations" en el editor, eso generará el archivo en la carpeta del proyecto.

fischkopf

I think the Background don't look quite "classic". To give it that classic look, they should be repainted and you should use 256 colors only like in the old days.

Armageddon

Actually they used like 186 colours for backgrounds and then 70 for the characters and inventory and UI.

Bjyman

I disagree with some of those character conversions. I think Haggis and the lemonade guy should be the same size as everyone else.

Darth Mandarb

Okay, enough!

This is not the critics lounge.  If you want to give critics on the art send them in PM.

Edgar_España

Hello friends of the Forum. I have State disappeared long time for several reasons, including the death of a family member that I've been doing me charge personally. I've also been moving, looking for work, and I've finally... emigrated to Brazil!

I have been here a few days and I am adapting me. Many will think that I've abandoned the project but it is not the case, and although it took like 6 months without opening the AGS, soon I'll put me again with the subject. Not much than I'll upload the work I did with the DEMAKE of the Curse of Monkey Island, and somewhat later, I shall begin with my own project. I already had some painters linked with the project but I am afraid habrelo lost because of my forced retirement of the last 6 months. Nonetheless I hope soon restructure my project and get me hands to work.

With respect to the DEMO of the DEMAKE, I was about to subrila when I discovered that after the opening credits there is another introduction video... so once the DEMAKe adaptation of that video is finished uploading  all work...

I will back... a greeting everyone.

To purpose, thank you very much for the transcribed screenplay.I will be very helpful when to resume work.

Edgar_España

A new video with the introduction. Next coming, i'll upload all work...

[embed=400,200]<iframe width="320" height="200" src="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0u8vEBbIx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0u8vEBbIx4

Retro Wolf

I like what you are doing but I think it would be a good idea to "demake" the Curse of Monkey Island Guybrush and Elaine sprites rather than using the ones from the older games, because they do look out of place, especially noticable in the hair salon scene.

Edgar_España

It could be, but I've actually made this game to practice, and find illustrators for the room's of my own script, in some time. Is that many things can be improved, yeah, but worse take me long time... so much for a game that, really, is not my real objetive... Let's say that this is a curriculum for artist search. It is true that hair salon gives a problem with size. However, when upload the demo, now you'll see as many other places if they are well. but yeah, everything can be improved... but unfortunately is not me well do the funds, but I do what I can.

Demicrusaius

It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.

Bjyman

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Mon 25/02/2013 20:12:26
I like what you are doing but I think it would be a good idea to "demake" the Curse of Monkey Island Guybrush and Elaine sprites rather than using the ones from the older games, because they do look out of place, especially noticable in the hair salon scene.

This is not the critics lounge.  If you want to give critics on the art send them in PM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk