BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Snarky

How can one piece of news be both great and really sad at the same time?

newwaveburritos

Oh wow I didn't even know this was a thing until just now.  Well, I guess I have all the old episodes to listen to!  Great work.

Rincewind

Really sad to hear this is the final episode! Discovered and listened to all the old episodes from the start during a personal rough spot last year, and it was both an inspiration and a really great comfort to hear you chat about the ags community/game design/everything else. You will be missed!

Ponch

Thanks for the years of free entertainment (and for making your upload schedule it's own kind of exciting puzzle  := )

vga256

Thanks Grundi and Ben for your (ten!) years of service. For a long time, BCT was my only source of intelligent conversation about adventure game design and development. The show eventually (pretty directly) led to me quitting my career and starting work on commercial AGS titles many moons ago. The adventure game landscape is different now than it was in 2012 when the show got off the ground, and I hope you're proud that you're partly responsible for re-shaping it over the years!

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 12/06/2022 16:10:57

Thanks for the years of free entertainment (and for making your upload schedule it's own kind of exciting puzzle  := )

Man. I had forgotten about this image. I don't know how. And now I may never forget it ever again.

Thank you.

Snarky

Listening to this episode reminded me how stimulating and inspirational it is to listen to you talk about adventure game design questions. It makes me, at least, want to try the design methods you propose, test the limits of your analysis, and argue with your conclusions. It gives me ideas I want to explore and names of games I want to play.

It was great to have you back for one final episode, but I'll really miss the podcast.

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Tue 14/06/2022 13:10:58
Man. I had forgotten about this image. I don't know how. And now I may never forget it ever again.
I had to dig through an old stack of CD-RWs to find the original. That's how old that picture is!  :cheesy:

Great topic for the final episode. I'm already rethinking an inventory puzzle on a game I'm currently working on. Thanks for that, CupCast team. You are already missed.

Durq

Thanks for all the podcasting, boys. I'm pretty sure I listened to every episode.

Racoon

I just became aware of this podcast and started listening from episode 1. It really is a pleasent distraction for when I walk to work and you two make entertaining podcast hosts! :-) Too bad the latest episode is the last, but I am glad there is so many episodes to listen to.

Jean-Pascal

I used to listen to the podcast from time to time during my commute and unfortunately realized this week that the links to all episodes were now dead. I was wondering if they've been archived somewhere by someone by any chance?

This also got me to finally register on the forum after lurking for a long time. So "hi everyone"!   :)

vga256

What a shame! I've archived all episodes here for posterity:

https://archive.org/details/bluecuptools

Quote from: Jean-Pascal on Sun 13/11/2022 04:41:56I used to listen to the podcast from time to time during my commute and unfortunately realized this week that the links to all episodes were now dead. I was wondering if they've been archived somewhere by someone by any chance?

This also got me to finally register on the forum after lurking for a long time. So "hi everyone"!   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk