BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Blog!

Ongoing Full Throttle scenery studies! (these will be eventually be compiled into a full sized PDF on the blog, which will be easier to read, but for now you can get them here)

Grundislav

Episode 104

Pete Coolguy aka Pesty aka Amberle Johnson joins us to talk about our favorite adventure games, rare collectibles, and circus sweaters!

Buckethead

Wow I have never listened to any of these. Seems I have a lot of catching up to do.

Danvzare

Quote from: Buckethead on Sat 04/02/2017 15:38:11
Wow I have never listened to any of these. Seems I have a lot of catching up to do.
Same here, currently I'm up to episode 10. So much to catch up on. :-D

MiteWiseacreLives!

Best episode 82 yet!!1!1!1!!1!!
So great, I think Cool Guy Pete needs to return to the forums, great taste princess tomatoe (never did beat it, something about a prison I think)
Grundi, Guybrush only became a nerd when they restyled him for Curse.

Grundislav

MiteWiseacreLives!

and.. yay! :)
I know you guys hate every AGS'r evaaar, but can you please date or number or wahtever it takes to make it so a new episode will appear as such when you upload it (I use the Podcasts app for my IPhone).. It's unnecessarily difficult to find new shows :~( Chris Jones would have wanted it that way.
I do enjoy your show! AND I finished A Golden Wake [you owe me Grundi]

Grundislav

I do update it, and I see the new episode on the podcast app. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see it!

Quintaros

My podcast app has similar issues with the BlueCup Tools Podcast.  While every other podcast in my app will list how many unlistened to episodes are available and the date of the most recent one, BlueCup Tools shows the most recent episode as being from Dec 31, 2000.  I never know when there is a new episode available unless I scroll to the bottom of the episode list in the app or see a post in this thread.  Not that big a deal of course but you might be interested in correcting it.

MiteWiseacreLives!

May have been drinking a little last night  :-[
But exactly what Quintaros said ^^ is my experience. 

Stupot

Yeah, I have the exact same issue. The newest ine is usually at the top but not always. I simetimes have to go digging for it. And I never get s notification for new episodes despite playing around with all different combinations of settings.

Grundislav

I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. If anyone knows anything about RSS feeds, please let me know!

Grundislav

Episode 106

Adventure legend Brian Moriarty joins us for a chat, and yes, we ask him about LOOM.

LameNick

You bastards you killed the Backseat designers!!
You better have some good jokes about pedophilia and genitalia for me next time or!!!
tic...tac..
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Grundislav

selmiak

Now that's an interesting theme!

"The challenge of designing puzzles that are challenging is the challenge in itself!"  :-D (@40:25)

also Ben's idea that having a complex puzzle spread out over a huge area is not very engaging is something I totally understand. But it is cool if you need some things from the various places and these things all can be solved by solving puzzles at that one place and finally all the treasures from the different places combine to solve the uber riddle. Sometimes it could make sense to have the fishing rod needed at the seashore and not at the mountainlake where you actually need it. this needs good balance.

Yitcomics

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 21/05/2017 22:50:53
Now that's an interesting theme!

"The challenge of designing puzzles that are challenging is the challenge in itself!"  :-D (@40:25)

Sounds like this is the podcast I've been waiting for, gonna listen to it right away. :-D

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 21/05/2017 22:50:53
also Ben's idea that having a complex puzzle spread out over a huge area is not very engaging is something I totally understand. But it is cool if you need some things from the various places and these things all can be solved by solving puzzles at that one place and finally all the treasures from the different places combine to solve the uber riddle. Sometimes it could make sense to have the fishing rod needed at the seashore and not at the mountainlake where you actually need it. this needs good balance.

Yeah, I definitely think it's very satisfying to bring elements from one place to another place and use those to bypass a big obstacle. The problem - for me - is when it's not super clear that something is the big obstacle, and I think that's the primary challenge, wasting a long time on that without realizing there are another 3 obstacles I should be focusing on instead, I think! As you say, it all needs balance.

Mr Underhill

Fun episode, but I really enjoyed the "what have you been playing lately" part, so my vote goes to bringing it back :)

If I may suggest a topic of discussion, I think readability would make for an interesting podcast. And by that I mean stuff from signposting and visually clue-ing the player to actual visual readability, using contrasts, balance of textures and details... Basically what is needed to communicate with the player in a clear and aesthetically pleasing fashion. Just a thought :) Keep them coming, gentlemen!

Snarky

I recently started listening to the podcast starting from episode 100 (I think I tried the first episode once, but... let's just say it's come a long way since then), and find it funny how every other episode you say something like "Oh, if people are still listening after [however many] episodes, they know what to expect". As if you have absolutely no expectation of picking up new listeners ever. 8-)

Anyway, I really like how intense you are about games and art.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk