BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

Another masterful episode.  Now I finally know how to import sprites into AGS.

Igor Hardy

Another great episode. And one that makes me want to immediately discuss everything.

For example I feel Yahtzee's popular use-key-on-door metaphor for adventure game puzzles doesn't really say anything about them. It's too general and feels grumpy (not another locked door posing as something else!). But it actually perfectly describes any single-step problem solving. Untangling the Gordian knot or finding a missing sock doesn't have to be any less use-key-on-door.

DoorKnobHandle

I don't think Yahtzee minds the single-step problems, it's more the nature of the thing that he doesn't like I'm sure. Use inv item on hotspot would be a more technical and more correct description, but his audience isn't just game makers any more. There's a lot cooler puzzle designs that aren't just USE X ON Y.

Ponch

Quote from: dkh on Fri 06/07/2012 02:23:38
There's a lot cooler puzzle designs that aren't just USE X ON Y.

But those are the only puzzles I know how to make.  :~( ;)

Armageddon

Don't be silly Ponch, you can't use one breast on something, you must use them both, therefore you use D1 and D2 on Gaurds. Now that's complex.

Ponch

My God! You're right! It turns out I've been some sort of puzzle making genius this entire time!  ;-D ;-D ;-D

EchosofNezhyt

Awesome podcast I'm halfway through, I stopped it though to finally checkout a ben jordan game.

ThreeOhFour

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Wed 11/07/2012 05:43:20
Oh my gosh! It's Wednesday! That means that it's time for another:

Bluecuptools Podcast! (Episode 6, in which we discuss boss battles, review Killzone 2 and Rayman Origins and add more silliness than ever!)

B-B-But its only been Wednesday for 45mins.

Edit:
QuoteThat's how ruthlessly efficient the BlueCupToolsâ,,¢ team is.

Guess I'll have to listen to it!

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 11/07/2012 05:47:48
Damn, and I was just getting ready for bed too! Sigh. Well, time to go wake up the dog and go for a walk.  :)

That made me laugh in real life.

Grundislav you need to go play metal slug! For me its the most beautiful pixel graphic game!

ThreeOhFour

That's how ruthlessly efficient the BlueCupToolsâ,,¢ team is.

Ponch

Damn, and I was just getting ready for bed too! Sigh. Well, time to go wake up the dog and go for a walk.  :)

ThreeOhFour

I am curious to know which section your dog enjoys the most. This is important target audience research, you see :D

I also endorse Frito Master's recommendation of Metal Slug. It ranks with the first two Simon the Sorcerer games as having the some of the most amazing pixel work.

EchosofNezhyt

^

I have to say the best boss battle for me was "The End" in metal gear solid 3. (Thinking about it almost all my favorites are from that series.)

Spoiler
I love the fact he died of old age if you saved your game and waited to long.
[close]

I played some of arcanum I thought it was pretty awesome, I'm playing divine divinity atm.

Edit: Ok I finished it, Haha the rayman origins part had me laughing hard. Thats exactly what happen while I was playing it on my vita.

Ponch

This podcast made me sad because I remembered that there never was a No One Lives Forever 3 and instead the series ended with the mediocre Contract Jack.  :undecided:

Hopefully by morning this deep melancholy will have passed.

Oh wait! They mentioned the OSD website! Ah! I feel better already!  :cheesy:

Update: My dog says he loves Deliver-rants because he loves hillbillys and he's easily excited by banjo music. Or maybe I only imagined he said that. I can't be sure. Moments ago, I discovered in the birthday thread that Baron has psychic powers and so the universe no longer makes sense the way it once did.

Armageddon

NEW EPISODE! It will probably make me sad when I hear about NOLF too... Should play some Beyond Good And Evil, has some good boss battles. And great everything.

ThreeOhFour

I completely agree that Contract J.A.C.K. was nothing but a bland, mediocre shooter which didn't do the NOLF universe justice.

Beyond Good and Evil is a favourite of both mine and Grundislav's - we've both finished it twice (and I basically *never* play through games a second time, which shows how much I loved it).

Anian

Damn it Ben, it was 6:43AM here when you posted, I only went to sleep like 3h before that.
I listened to it through lunch, it's funny how you guys keep giggling like little girls still.  :grin:
I don't want the world, I just want your half

ThreeOhFour

I am pleased that you find amusement in our podcast, but I think you'll find that those are the giggles of MANLY MAN MEN GUYS.

Just a minor detail I thought you should all be aware of.  :cheesy:

Vince Twelve

I have succeeded at enjoying yet another BlueCupToolsâ,,¢ Podcast.  I succeed at everything!

ThreeOhFour

And the BlueCupToolsâ,,¢ Podcast is a podcast always played on "hard" mode, which makes it even more amazing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk