BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Thu 18/07/2013 05:12:22
Ëâ,,¢Ã‹â,,¢Ã‹â,,¢ÃŠÅ½ÃŠÅ¾Ã‰â€nןun sÃ,,± ʎןןɐǝɹ ɹǝqɯnu 31 sÃ,,±É¥Ê‡ ¡buÃ,,±Ê‡Ã,,±É¹Ê ʎɯ ʇɐ Êžooן 'ʇÃ,,±É¥s ʎןoÉ¥Ëâ,,¢Ã‹â,,¢Ã‹â,,¢

¡ÊŽoظuǝ ¡Ê‡Ã,,± buÃ,,±op oʇ punoɹɐ ʇǝb ʎןןɐuÃ,,±ÉŸ oʇ ןooÉ” s,ʇÃ,,± os - ɐÃ,,±×ŸÉÉ¹Ê‡snɐ oʇ ǝɯɐɔ ÊŽpunɹb ǝɹoɟǝq ɐǝpÃ,,± ǝɥʇ pɐɥ Ã,,± - sǝbɐ ɹoÉŸ ɹǝɥʇǝboʇ ʇnd oʇ pǝʇuɐʍ ǝÊÅ',ǝʍ ǝuo sÃ,,± ǝposÃ,,±dǝ ʍǝu sÃ,,±É¥Ê‡

¡×ŸÇnbǝs ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ɹɐǝɥ oʇ pǝʇÃ,,±É”xǝ puɐ - ǝɯosǝʍɐ :sןןɐʍnɹɥʇʞןɐʍ

Ëâ,,¢ÃŠâ€¡uÃ,,±od ǝɯos ʇɐ ǝɹoɯ ʇÃ,,± ɹǝÊÅ'oÉ” oʇ ǝÊÅ'ɐɥ ןן,ǝʍ Ëâ,,¢ÃŠÅ½Ã—ŸÇÊ‡Ç×ŸdɯoÉ” ʇou ʇnq - ÉŸo ʇɹos :ʞɐÃ,,±É¯×ŸÇs
Damn it! I'm getting dizzy!

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 17/07/2013 05:31:35
Is it a video podcast?

We actually did one in Australia but the King of the World deemed it "Too Dangerous And Sexy" and so we can't release more than a single static image of the least Dangerous And Sexy part:

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Thu 18/07/2013 05:51:30
we can't release more than a single static image of the least Dangerous And Sexy part:

My God! The sheer amount of DangerSexTM on display is almost overwhelming! I think you made the right call by sparing the more sensitive members of this community exposure to such a thing. Think of the children! 8-0

Andail

Nice as always, but I think I prefer it when you talk more. The songs turned out a bit long (especially those I didn't really like) - I'd rather just get a playlist and listen to them in my own pace.
Looking forward to the next one!

ThreeOhFour

To be honest, I did think of doing the project separately from the podcast, but then I remembered how much Grundy likes game soundtracks, told him my idea and it sort of naturally evolved into a podcast episode. It's more of a supplemental thing than a podcast, but it was just easier to incorporate it, basically. Thanks for listening, anyway!

Vince Twelve

Listening while working.  Thinking to myself, "If I were picking, what song would I pick?"  Conclusion: Setting Sail from Bastion.  Next song: Setting Sail from Bastion.  Well chosen.

That soundtrack is in regular rotation on my phone along with the soundtracks of Dust Force and Thomas Was Alone.  There are lots of other game soundtracks (my music collection is almost entirely game soundtracks) but those three get called back up all the time for me.

The Botanicula soundtrack is another classic.  I saw DVA perform live at Indiecade earlier this year!

This was a great idea, guys.  Some of these I've never heard and some were great shots straight in the nostalgia.

Ponch

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 20/07/2013 00:09:25
We've joined the rest of the internet and now our podcast is available on iTunes!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blue-cup-tools-podcast/id675920577
Sweet! This means you'll have to put out new installments at regular intervals of else Steve Jobs (now in Lich form) gets to harvest your souls for violating the iTunes EULA. It's a win/win either way! :cheesy:

EDIT:
Taking a cue from the king of trophies, Vince XII, I would say that two game soundtracks I can never get enough of are Dark Forces and Outlaws. I loop them often when I'm working on AGS stuff.

ThreeOhFour

Vince: Great minds think alike! Setting Sail, Coming Home is one of the few game songs that I will put on as "normal" music if in company and listening to music, because it's a great song even away from the game. And yep, the whole soundtrack is pretty amazing. Not sure about only game soundtracks in the music collection, though, I'm far too much of a music nerd to even comprehend that.

Ponch: I love the Outlaws sountrack, one of my favourites of all time, but sadly do not have a copy of the game, as I had borrowed it from a friend. I do, however, have two copies of Dark Forces....  :=

Armageddon

ThreeOhFour

Young man, I'll have you know that I listen to most of my music on CDs. I'm sure these "Empty Trees" and "Eye Pods" are all well and good, but you'll find me a very happy luddite, thank you very much!

I still play my games from disk, you know. Have you kids even ever seen a floppy disk that's actually floppy!?

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 20/07/2013 06:40:41
I still play my games from disk, you know. Have you kids even ever seen a floppy disk that's actually floppy!?
Punch cards or nothin'! You haven't played Colossal Cave Adventure properly unless you've spent twelve hours feeding the punch cards in, one at a time, into your IBM / Hollerith card reader only to discover that you got two cards out of order six hours earlier and now you'll have to spend the entire next day reloading them again. And no saved games! None! Saved games are for wussies! Make a mistake and die? Perma-death followed by twelve hours of card loading to start a new game!

Now when is the CupCast going to be available on vinyl or 8-track I can get in the mail? I'm tired of trying to get your fancy electro-files to play in this new-fangled "Real Audio" player you forced me to install. :angry:

Grundislav

Andail

straydogstrut

I still play games on cassette :wink:

Nice walking around with your voices whispering in my head *ahem*

No big deal, but for some reason all the episodes are listed as published 1st Jan 2001 in the iPhone Podcasts app.. maybe the pubDate in the XML file?

Ponch

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sat 20/07/2013 09:11:30
I still play games on cassette :wink:
The only authentic magnetic media. I like your style! If you ask me, this whole "compact disc" thing is just a fad. It will never catch on. People will come back to cassettes. You just wait and see. :cheesy:

Mati256

My Blog! (En Español)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk