BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Interesting discussion of art and another great guest! :cheesy:

Spoiler
I still call it pumping iron :cry:
[close]

ThreeOhFour

That's why we are both members of the same secret base, Ponch. :cheesy:

Ponch

First rule of Secret Treehouse Club is that you do not talk about Secret Treehouse Club! :cool:

Spoiler

Now stop watching My Little Pony and get down here and blast your quads!!!1! :=

[close]

Armageddon

Peter Chan actually used Prismacolor markers which are very expensive. Not Crayola. :P You can see him drawing with them here at 0:54. It looks like the full 200 complete set.

ThreeOhFour

Daniel Thomas

You guys! That made we super motivated and it's great to hear people are still looking forward to our project. :)
Oh, but the pressure, now I need to go back and redo all the art 8-0
But hopefully we can give some news about the project soon.

Interesting talk, I agree on many things about the feedback, but some different view on how far to go. But I'll leave that to a PM.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Grundislav

Ponch

Ibispi

It was quite an interesting discussion on the latest podcast episode. I'm not an avid listener of your podcasts, but when I do listen to them I don't regret it. ^^

selmiak

Grundislav

Ponch

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 03/02/2014 01:07:16
so, does this mean, you are teh gays? 8-0 8-)
Have you never listened to this podcast before? Grundlben is the greatest of all bromances! :cool:

selmiak

after a podcast where homophobia and provocation come up and with this end I thought I'd just ask :)

What's the complete name of this performance artist you mentioned, vito ...?

Vince Twelve

I resent the presumption that I'm just going to listen to every one of your podcasts.  One of these times I'm just not going to listen, and they you'll feel pretty silly when you say hi to me and I never hear it.

Another great one.  I wholeheartedly agree with the notion that watering your work down for fear of offending or being misconstrued is the worst disservice you can do your audience.

Neither of you have wives (obviously, or you'd make each other jealous), but in the project I'm currently working on, I've caught myself feeling very self-conscious when I'm writing relationship or marital problems into my story for fear that someone will assume that I must be drawing on my own marriage as inspiration and using my writing as an outlet for my frustrations.  But then I step back from it and realize I've never once watched a movie where the husband and wife are fighting and thought to myself "Man, this screenwriter must really have a shitty marriage."

ThreeOhFour

This is an interesting concern, and yeah, I've never looked at a work about a certain topic and assumed that the work is explicitly representative of the author. I've read countless stories involving serial killings and not once thought "Wow, this person knows a lot about killing someone, I bet they've committed plenty of murders."

Unless you make it super obvious (look at the romantic interest in Driftmoon and compare her to Anne Mönkkönen :grin::grin::grin:) then I really doubt anybody will make some connection between relationship issues in the work and those in real life - unless they were directly involved in something with a high number of corresponding elements or, you know, you tell them.

Stupot

I grew up on Marmite, and rarely go a day without the stuff in some form or another, usually on toast. It also makes for a tasty hot drink. :-* I'm not sure if the Aussies drink Vegemite, though. Do they, Ben?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk