BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackthorne

Hey! Awesome Podcast! I had a blast meeting you, and yeah - heh - it was a fun way to meet.  And playing "Backdoor Man" with you and Edmundo was seriously a highlight of the whole shindig.  I am really stoked for A Golden Wake, and I can't wait to throw thousands of bitcoins your way for it! Heh.

You did a really great wrap up for GDC, and listening to it, I got filled in on the stuff I missed.  Anyway, I'm still recovering from my week, but I can definitely say it was great to meet and share AGS war-stories with you.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Daniel Thomas

Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

selmiak

Buy my game because I like food! :-D

must have been fun! and even with a bonus track   :-D

Vince Twelve

New record for namedropping in the podcast!  I didn't know who a handful of the people mentioned are. :-[  But it sounded like fun!

And what the hell was that song at the end?  What's going on?  Where am I?

Grundislav

selmiak

Sslaxx

Quote from: Blackthorne on Mon 24/03/2014 02:53:54
Hey! Awesome Podcast! I had a blast meeting you, and yeah - heh - it was a fun way to meet.  And playing "Backdoor Man" with you and Edmundo was seriously a highlight of the whole shindig.  I am really stoked for A Golden Wake, and I can't wait to throw thousands of bitcoins your way for it! Heh.

You did a really great wrap up for GDC, and listening to it, I got filled in on the stuff I missed.  Anyway, I'm still recovering from my week, but I can definitely say it was great to meet and share AGS war-stories with you.

Bt
You need to do one of these, if you haven't already.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Grundislav

Do one of what? GDC wrap-ups? Listen to Episode 40 :)

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Paul Franzen

I'm really super mad at myself that I've been sitting on this podcast for so long--just plowed through a bunch of episodes during a couple of long runs and they were excellent! Really enjoyed the pair of interviews with Dave, but in general it's just really cool to hear people who've been so successful with AGS talk about their processes and ideas and etc. etc. 8-)

Thanks for doing this!
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

Grundislav

Daniel Thomas

Music, one of those areas I'm not touching! I would say that the first  'Dark Forces' was the first game where I really felt music made a huge impact on immersion. I would have to admit that when I was young and played MI2 I didn't notice the iMuse usage (maybe because it was so well executed so it felt seamlessly and didn't distract).

Not all of us have Swedish sounding names, Grundislav! ;)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Grundislav

Andail

Two great episodes! Obviously a huge honor hearing you not only mention but actually playing TSP while pod casting :)

Vince Twelve

Yyyyeeeeah, if you could go ahead and start putting dates on your episodes on iTunes so they don't show up in random order and the auto-download new episodes notification would work, that'd be grrreeeaaat.

Also, interview Andail when you get a chance.  I'll get you a copy of that memo.

Ponch

You're not putting dates on your episodes? Didn't you get that memo?

What exactly would you say you DO around here, Grundy?

Grundislav

I DO put dates on the episodes!  No idea why they would be going random, they work fine for me in iTunes.

Vince Twelve

Huh, this is how they show up in the iPhone podcast app.  It's a shitty app though, so maybe that's the problem.

Grundislav

Huh. Weird.  I'd blame the app.  Then again, I'm using a .txt as an .xml file every time I update so maybe it's just too outdated for iPhone.

Armageddon

Great podcast, speaking of background I have a topic question.

I saw the Blackwell backgrounds started as pen and paper block outs to prototype the gameplay before Ben drew them. I'm curious how much the artist would need to think of the design or how much direction they would be given, what objects to cast more light on than others. I'm curious how you would be thinking about the gameplay while drawing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk