BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

That was a pretty good one, but maybe next time you could go a little bit more off topic. :-*
(I kid. The tangents are an integral part of the BCT experience.)

Resulka

And not a single question of mine about starting a new project was answered!

Basically wanted to hear their tips on how to approach the implementation into AGS. Start at first playable scene or Introduction cut scenes or I dunno, crazy like the last scene of the game and build backwards....

ThreeOhFour

Start from the first playable scene, get the skeleton of the game done and playable, then polish up stuff while people test the playable, rough bits and tell you which bits suck before you waste time polishing bits that suck.

DONE!

Grundislav

I always make a little prototype first to see the character and how they match the background.  Then focus on playable areas and add cutscenes and intros and whatnot later.

Dave Gilbert

WHoops. Slight factual error in that podcast. Jennifer Hale played Dionarra in Planescape. Not Fall-From-Grace!

Grundislav

selmiak

Fitz

jwalt

Thanks, Gorgonzola and Clem, for another interesting Podcats. Having suffered through the transition of a college to a university, at least one of the differences involves the post graduate degrees: Masters and Doctorates. Colleges, evidently, can only issue Baccalaureate degrees.

Fitz

Do you remember the ancient times when there was no dropbox, no flash drives, no CD-R's? I think I still have a few stories and graphics saved on good ol' 3,5 floppies, buried somewhere in the depths of the bottom shelf. I back up since my teenage, pre-internet days, as often as I can (be bothered to). I've lost sensible data to disk failures, short circuits, viruses, rootkits even (oh, the things that can happen while browsing for refernce on how to draw human eye-lashes up close!), all that. With game folders, I tend to keep copies of at least five pre-release backups, just to be safe. And I'm still kicking myself for throwing out most of the vast collection of my 1991-1999 doodlings back in 2005 -- thinking "Oh, I don't care for these! I will never draw in my life again! NEVARRR!" (laugh)

And you should invite Ponch. He's your number one fan. And then, next week, the next obvious, natural and logical step would be to invite your Biggest Fan No 2!

Adeel

Quote from: Fitz on Sun 21/09/2014 18:55:26
And you should invite Ponch. He's your number one fan. And then, next week, the next obvious, natural and logical step would be to invite your Biggest Fan No 2!

I agree that both Ponch and Fitz should be invited and interviewed. I don't follow these podcasts but I'll make sure to listen to the ones where Ponch and Fitz are interviewed.

Retro Wolf

Fitz

Screw the interview, all I want is an hour of Deliverants -- with me, Billy Mac, alongside Bubba and Cletus (laugh)

But first, an episode with Ponch's -- a video podcast special, just so that we could see him gettin' jiggy with it in a cow costume.

Ponch

I would happily agree to an interview... but only on one condition!

Spoiler
I demand a new installment of Spaceman... In Space! :=
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk