BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

David Ostman

Yes! I have a long list of podcasts that I listen to regularly, among them good ones like the Giant Bombcast, This American Life, Star Talk Radio + a bunch more, but at the end of the day I get the most excited when I see a new BCT appear on my phone!

Stupot

Quote from: David Ostman on Sat 15/11/2014 21:24:03
This American Life
I don't listen to this but I have been listening to Serial, which is made by the same people or something. Do you listen to that? It's without doubt my new favourite podcast, just ahead of BCT in second :-P

David Ostman

I started listening to Serial last week and it has been great so far. I'm up to episode 4 so I'm not entirely caught up, but that's some real serious investigative journalism right there that I wish was more common.

Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project is another podcast I enjoy, when they aren't doing consecutive spoilercasts of things I haven't yet watched/read :tongue:

Now I must listen to latest BCT again as I fell asleep listening to it the first time. I only remember some brief talk of Baldur's Gate before descending into oblivion!

David Ostman

Episode 61

(for those relying on this forum thread to get updates)

Stupot

Ahh good timing. I was about to read, but I'll listen to this instead.

One thing I keep meaning to ask. For all other podcasts I follow, when a new ep comes out, the red blob appears with a 1 in it to say I have one new unplated episode.  Only with BCT, this never happens, even though the episode is there when I go in and look at the list. Any ideas why? It's not a problem at all, just a weird quirk.

Grundislav

Ponch

What's this? A new episode? Why, Christmas has come early! :cheesy:

Spoiler
Drat! I abducted that hobo and left him in a bathtub full of ice for nothing! :sad:
[close]

MiteWiseacreLives!

Oh My :-[ 8-0  Much higher 'cuss-count' than normal! Look out kids (wrong) , Thanks for another Podcast!

Grundislav

Happy New Year!

Episode 63

Apologies in advance to MiteWiseacreLives! for the cussing :)

selmiak

Weston_Kaunk

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 10/01/2015 15:19:55
Hi, happy new year. If you don't mind me asking what was the book on perspective you're reading?
tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

Ponch

Regarding episode 63 and The Last of Us, I liked the first hour. It's slow, but it sets the world up nicely. I'm all for story in my games. :cool:

Ibispi

The last door is a phenomenal adventure game.
I agree with you on the puzzles. I found them often illogical.
In my opinion, the strongest part is the sound: the music in particular, it's very immersive. In fact, I didn't even play all of the available episodes, since I am too busy listening to the music I copied to my computer. :=

ThreeOhFour

I agree about the music, I thought it was perhaps the strongest element. Graphics are very low res, but functional enough, the writing was quite immersive, I thought, but the music really shone for me.

Fitz

A very interesting episode of our favorite podcast (or should I say potcast, Ben?). Damn progress! Case in point: I've grown to really hate the first background for Magenta -- which I was PROUD OF when I first made it. But I've experienced the opposite, too -- thinking I wouldn't be able to top some old artwork. This one I still, seven years later, I consider my best. But I do see flaws in it and room for progress. I've actually looked through some old doodles of mine -- as a part of this thing on fb where you post your old drawing for five consecutive days -- and it was inspiring how much I got right as a kid, despite some obvious flaws, and how much I've developed since.

Calypso

Regarding the latest episode - well, I've discovered your podcast when it already had almost 50 episodes, so I was a bit behind… However, I've listened to every single one of them chronologically (and now I'm finally able to listen to the current podcasts). Not sure how many obsessive-compulsive people like me there are, but yeah, it happens :)
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

ThreeOhFour

Fitz: Yeah, this is something terrifying, too - when you draw something great and suddenly you have to try and replicate it and you're not sure how to get it looking that good again. That's terrifying to me, but sometimes I hate that I managed to draw something that I like simply because I can't repeat it. Also, if you're worried that I'm high while podcasting, let me assure than I'm not. I just do lots of walkcycles and don't get much sleep, which has a very similar effect on a person. :=

Calypso Starlight: Make sure you disregard all of the advice I've ever given, then. :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk