BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

You guys brought up the topic of the pot in the podcast yourselves -- and it wasn't the weed, it was the OTHER pot ;) Then again, Francisco's constant giggling is suspiciously similar to symptoms of cannabis use. The only thing missing is paranoia -- along the lines of "David Cage is sabotaging the action adventure genre!", etc.

Oh wait...!

And yeah, Calypso, don't listen to him. He'll tell you all the things he likes in games, you'll do a game with all of that in it -- along with everything he and Grundislav agree is bad game design -- and he'll never play that game ;)

Might do a little BCT marathon, myself, when I get out of surgery and have to lie there for a couple of hours before I go home.

ThreeOhFour

Valid points! Francisco is clearly the high one! :D

Good luck with the surgery!

Grundislav

I'm high on life! :grin:

Good luck with your surgery, Fitz! I hope our dulcet voices help with a speedy recovery.

Fitz

I'm re-listening one of the old ones every week when you guys take a break from recording, and right now I'm at episode 16, I think. I just hope that one and those up to ep 20 aren't particularly funny. Because laughing will be kinda hard -- if not life-threatening -- with my abs stitched ;)

Grundislav

Mati256

Episode 64 has really inspired me to take a pencil and start sketching and learn to draw. I understand how perspective work, but my artistic skills are zero right now.
I usually get really involved in a project (like learning to draw) but loose interest with time. If I manage to keep this goal, it will be interesting to see what I can draw in December and compare it with January. :-D
My Blog! (En Español)

Jay Tholen

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 31/01/2015 16:56:54

Episode 65

I have a topic request since you asked. :-D

I'm working on an adventure game with no text. All dialogue is handled through little animated pictograms/icons. Needless to say, puzzle design gets a little weird when you're never able to tell the player things directly. I'd like to hear about your experiences in leading the player and dropping hints in ways other than using text. How do you design environments or place characters or make other choices to point a player towards a puzzle's solution?

I'm not sure how much you can really talk about that, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Armageddon

You guys are really inspiring to listen to. Makes me want to make another 2D adventure game. :)

Fitz

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 31/01/2015 16:56:54
Here's a new one for you, Fitz!

Episode 65

:D

I'm yet to listen to the new one, as it's my first time online since Thursday -- but you guys really helped me through the hell of the first night after the surgery. I could barely sleep from the pain, nausea and cold shivers -- so I had a LOT of time :) I think I zoned out a few times, too.

BTW, another topic suggestion: games and girlfriends! There's a thread about it in the forums already about being a husband/father and making/playing games between changing diapers or in those latenight hours when everyone's gone to bed -- but that hardly exhaust the topic. My girlfriend does frown upon my time-absorbing hobbies sometimes, but she's really supportive of my creative side. She even made me a little figurine of Gray. Plus, she IS my official Muse, the inspiration for Magenta. She truly lived up to the superhero status, by the way: it was her that nursed me back to semi-health over the past weekend.
It'd also be a great opportunity to talk about your favorite gamedev couple -- the Williamses! (laugh)

ThreeOhFour

Mati: GOOD WORK. Drawing with a pencil is lovely, and you can do it almost anywhere (not underwater). My suggestion is to not get too carried away/ambitious at first, just let yourself draw a little thing every day, and you'll soon get into the habit of it.

Jay: Great topic suggestion, we'll definitely take this one on-board!

Armageddon: DO IT.

Fitz: Haha, every single game you play seems to have "Special thanks: Our wives and girlfriends". There's no doubt that it's hard to make time for personal stuff when you're busy busy busy on a game, and hard to make time for games when you're busy busy busy with loved ones. As for talking about the Williams family: tee hee :wink:

Daniel Thomas

Good podcast as always!
You guys mentioned APT, so let me help out. :)

APT uses it's own custom made engine and editor now. The art isn't the bottle neck though, so we can't blame the resolution :)
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

ThreeOhFour

Answers from a reliable source! Just what we like around here! :cheesy:

Grundislav

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 07/02/2015 04:16:26
Answers from a reliable source! Just what we like around here! :cheesy:
So informative! Clearly, this is the most educational podcast on iTunes (take that, "Stuff You Missed in History Class!) :cheesy:

ThreeOhFour

No podcast from the two of us this week, but I did join the guys over on Square Waves FM to talk about the first games we played, child labor and the quivering power-squat! :=

Grundislav

Hey look, I was on Square Waves FM too! We spend 3 hours talking about all sorts of crap, but mainly bashing master storyteller Roberta Williams.

Weston_Kaunk

"Listeners, I know your a bunch of filthy perverts, but it's not all about sex."

ten minutes later

"they should have done a pair of shorts, so when you turn around they're kinda translucent so they can see your chasm." 
tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

selmiak

I painted my BG Blitz entry while listening to this. Actually it took longer to paint it so I listened to this episode twice!

@ben: what's that game you played? With that interesting dithering filter...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk