BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Good topic! I was actually going to ask about how AGS-ers go about promoting their games, how they format their messages, etc. I did reach out to a bunch of people when I released Gray, but I got no response whatsoever. Zilch. Nada. That's pretty much the case for most of my attempts at self-promotion -- and I draw comics and write prose, too -- so it was pretty disheartening. So for Monty -- which is a smaller game, but still a fun little thing, I think -- I didn't even bother writing anyone -- and surely enough, outside AGS, Following Freeware and Elum's Przygodoskop.pl there's pretty much no trace of the game. But I've put way too much effort into Magenta to just leave it like that. And strangely enough, while my conscious efforts at pimping my works tend to go unnoticed, I guess the karma generated by the action goes SOMEWHERE, and Gray did get a few reviews and got featured a few times -- and I do consider myself incredibly lucky. So yeah, I might try and send a few e-mails around -- and try not be all like "Oh, that's not going anywhere...". I'll send one to you, too, Ben :P

Also: I GOT MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST! WOOHOOOO!!!

And for everyone wondering what the connection between bunnies and Easter is - Grundy's right, it is a symbol borrowed from the pagans. But there's more. Pliny, who lived around the same time that Jesus did, believed bunnies to be hermaphrodites -- and, as such, able to self-impregnate. No coitus + babies = immaculate conception!

ThreeOhFour

Logging in from the remote area in Shark Bay to post:

Episode 71

Thanks to AnasAbdin for the topic suggestion!

AnasAbdin

Hey thanks guys for answering my question ;-D Ben's dad sounds like an awesome funny guy (laugh)
And Wow! Finally someone pronounced my name perfectly and didn't make that stinky pun (laugh) (laugh) :P

xenogia

I'm glad my internet access helped your gaming Fix Ben304.  Next time sir, next time.  I expect a Birdemic adventure game next time I see you :)

Vince Twelve

Since I mostly listen to the podcast while working in the yard, I've fallen way behind over the winter.  If I jump back in at the latest episode, will I be be able to understand the complicated plot?  Or should I go back and listen to all the episodes I've missed?  No spoilers, please.

Sslaxx

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Wed 22/04/2015 19:10:49
Since I mostly listen to the podcast while working in the yard, I've fallen way behind over the winter.  If I jump back in at the latest episode, will I be be able to understand the complicated plot?  Or should I go back and listen to all the episodes I've missed?  No spoilers, please.

I cannot resist giving you this one!

Spoiler
Snape is murdered by Gandalf in the front room with a manual on brain surgery.
[close]
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Trafflesby

I just want to pop in and say I love this podcast. I've been listening to the ones with subjects that interest me and I'm taking notes (laugh)
Seriously though, you've taught me a lot after half a dozen episodes (that I've listened to so far!) and just listening to your discussions make me think about things in different ways.

Keep up the good work.

Grundislav

Armageddon

Sweeeeeeet.

I replay games a lot. It's like going back to a great movie. There's something new to find each time. The story or world changes every time you look at it. The game ages with you, you know? They also inspire, and make you want to make something just as good or better. Also playing so many bad games can get old, so revisiting what made you inspired is pretty great.

Fitz

Resident demonologist, at your service, Grundislav! Beelzebub is actually an intentional misspelling. See, Baal Zebul -- Hebrew for "Lord of the Underworld" -- was a deity that was deemed a competition to the emerging cult of Jahweh. So, in order to discredit the deity, they called him "Baal Zevuv" -- lord of the flies.

As for replaying old games -- I don't do that very often. Too many games to play (old and new), too little time. BUT I did replay both Little Big Adventure games last year -- and I got Sam & Max, Monkey Island and Fate of Atlantis on GOG the other week. Funny thing: right around this time 20 years ago was the first time I played Indy -- and it's one game that I've re-played the most, a couple dozen of times. Mainly because, as a newb to the wonders of PC gaming, I wasn't aware of this miraculous thing called "SAVEGAME" -- and so, for about a month or so, I started the game from scratch every single day (laugh)

Grundislav

Kasander

A perfect example of a 3B photo: brilliant, blue, bromantic! 8-) Just downloaded #72!

Lasca

So is Ben really tall or Grundislav really short?
Or maybe it's just the hair creating an illusion. ;)

Fitz

That's not Ben, that's Slash from Cups'n'Hammers!

Kasander

Oh yeah, I remember that band, they had this #1 hit in 1991. Heavy Rain or something.

Fitz

Lasca

Grundislav

I'm 5'6" (1.70 meters) and Ben is 6'3" (1.92 meters) so we make a very visually interesting pair.

kelseyr713

NerdyButFlirty.com
StreamFriends.tv
kelseyr713.rocks

ThreeOhFour

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk