BlueCupTools Podcats! Grundislav & ThreeOhFour! Episode 82!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 09/06/2012 07:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

I request a podcast about designing/organizing a world building document. :-D

MiteWiseacreLives!

You mention you wish Square Peniks made another game, there just was one!  ;)
But wait a couple days, going to release a more playable and gooder version.

Great podcast, I also think the Double Fine documentary is good and am looking foreword to Shardlight (no doubt the work of an embarrassed crocodile!)

Ponch

Another good podcast, guys. Happy Merriment to you and awaiting your return next year. :smiley:

SilverSpook

Great work and thanks for the assortment of pro-tips, Francisco and Ben!

I must say I feel Ben's pain in trying to make the switch from 320x240 to 640x360 or what the new resolution is.  Although not all THAT sorry since I am working in AGS 3.4 at 1360x768 :P

As for playing more DOS games, I've been trudging through System Shock but the 30+ key assortment is proving too 1337 for me.  I do plan to do the yearly Christmas vacay runthrough of Doom, though!

Grundislav

Ponch

Grundislav

SilverSpook

I was one of those bad puzzle makers, and then Blue Cup Tools cured my cancer!

I personally throw games out the window nowadays if I get stuck for more than about 5 minutes.  Also, if I leave a game and come back to it like two days later, due to work / RL overload, I hate it when some key piece of information had been given JUST before the last save game.  Especially if that piece of information is of the, "The current mission objective is X" variety. 

Weston_Kaunk

Oh Goodness Croc! that's a throw back

Hey, just had a thought, has anyone played with using ags to make a language teaching game? Like your character is dropped in a room and has to help someone speaking a completely different language, they're speaking fluently and gesturing at you to grab them something to fix the door panel. When you figure out what they're gesturing too and give it too them the word they've been using gets subtitles added to it and it's added to your inventory of words you can use. If you bring other objects to the person they'll teach you that word as well. Slowly building subtitles for the player underneath the foreign language that's always subtitled and voiced. You could have it in the first or second world war and have it be a soldier or someone escaping/avoiding captivity, it'd be an interesting premise as far as educational games go. And the stress of needing to communicate would add a nice tension over the regular timed "escape room/find trigger" game play. The game could make the sentence structures and words get increasingly difficult as the scenarios of avoiding the enemy get more intense(like your helper is too stressed to think of simple instructions for you to figure out, could add a difficulty setting where the closer you get to running out of time the helper could yell simpler instructions, words you already know to give you hints), with lulls of just gathering supplies and learning fun words.

Language/Educational games possible podcast topic.
tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

selmiak

Ponch

You mean if I had been the person to drunk dial Ben on Skype, I would be the one at the heart of the greatest AGS bromance of all time instead of Grundislav? Oh! What a fool I was! Curse my high alcohol tolerance and dislike of talking to other people! :=

ThreeOhFour

You'll always be in my caramel milk, though, Ponch. :=

SilverSpook

In the next episode, you guys should get into a really big fight argument to increase listener counts.  :)

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Mon 08/02/2016 04:23:22
You'll always be in my caramel milk, though, Ponch. :=
<3

I'm also available in several other delicious flavors.

Apparently, I'm incredibly tasty! :cool:

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 08/02/2016 04:27:07
In the next episode, you guys should get into a really big fight argument to increase listener counts.  :)
Yes! Bare knuckle brawling to determine the winner! :cheesy:

ThreeOhFour

They only have a few flavours at my local store, but they're all good!

Ponch

Patience, Ben! I'm just one cow! I can only fill the bottles so fast! :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk