As Cunning as a Fox - new screenshots!

Started by Nix, Sun 10/06/2012 14:38:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Nix

Bennix is proud to announce their first adventure game -

As Cunning as a Fox

The Story:

Red and her brother were cursed by an evil magician to be turned into animals and banished from the human world forever. Her brother was captured by the magician but Red managed to escape into his magical world with the help of an unfortunate raven, who was in the right place (or wrong place depending how you look at it!) at the right time. She must now journey through this new kingdom, along with her new trusty sidekick, to rescue her brother and lift the curse so they can all return home.

Here are a couple of screens from the early development stages, just to give you a little taster of what's in store!

*Edit (03/07/2012) - New updated screenshots added with our new interface GUI (mouse pointer is still WIP!).

Our game style revolves loosely around the discworld series, with a little monkey island thrown in as well. We are trying to blend a variety of puzzles into the game, including small logic puzzles, which will involve the portals (that you can see in screen two).

Development Progress:

Story: 30%
Scripting: 35%
Graphics: 30%
Sound/Music: 10%

Expected completion date: June 2013

Development Diary:

July 03, 2012
We're now well on our play to a playable demo that will showcase a few puzzles, our interface and the interaction between our main character Red and her rather dry and sarcastic sidekick, Barnaby the raven. We chose to add in another character even though we pretty much had a fully working version of the demo because being English, we do have a liking for dry humour. We felt that it would have been odd to have this cuter than cute little fox girl coming out with some of the lines we wanted and therefore took the decision to add the lovely Barnaby into the game. It will also allow us to add some more perspectives on puzzles so it's only going to be a good thing I'm sure.

June 10, 2012
We are just starting out with this project but very excited about our first attempt at a computer game. We are just trying to complete the story of the first Act before we continue to develop screens but we have a good few complex puzzles written up now!

Ghost

This is Aaaawwwww-inducing! I am looking forward to playing that! And with Discworld in the pedigree you can't go wrong at all!

I really dig the graphic's style, too- nice and simple, and very cool.

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Mati256

I totally agree with Ghost and Wham, looks really cute.
Good luck and keep us updated!
My Blog! (En Español)

CosmoQueen

Graphics look really great! And Red is the cutest lil thing I've ever seen! If she were a stuffed animal I'd so buy it lol :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Darth Mandarb

Are these "in game" screenshots (as required by the forum rules)?

I see no cursors, guis, etc.  They look like photoshops to me.

Nix

Thanks for the great comments so far everyone!

These are in game shots, but we have yet to complete them, more items need to be added etc. Currently working on an inventory design which fits with the story. Will update with the more detailed shots soon and hopefully a taster of our walk cycle :)

Nix

Hey All,

We've updated the screenshots to show our new interface and what we've done to the BG's. We've also updated the dev diary and added some new characters. For your visual pleasure, here is Barnaby!

Ilyich

This is insanely cute! The new interface looks very nice as well. And as for sarcastic ravens - God knows, we all love those (I'm looking at you, Crow from TLJ and Matthew from The Sandman). :) Very much looking forward to this!

Ali

I love it! To paraphrase Blackadder, this looks a cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University!

kconan

Cutest AGS screenshots I've ever seen.  Good luck with this one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk