Sunday (16th)
0 (0%)
Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

theSynapse

Quote from: AGA on Tue 11/09/2012 15:27:52
You chose the worst possible time to mention this, theSynapse, as I sent an email this morning confirming our booking of a different venue!

Tickets aren't actually available yet, so you haven't missed your chance.  While Elephant might be a good location (albeit a bit iffy), the venue we've booked is actually only a few minutes from Liverpool Street station, which is on the Stansted Express line, as well as four Underground lines.  It certainly could be worth m0ds speaking to these GameCamp people though, at least to get some advice, if not some attendees and publicity...

Sorry! Wasn't trying to mess things up! It's just that I was thinking about starting to get into AGS and came to the forums, but for the first time in about 8/9 months!

How are we securing funds then? I'm intrigued as to how this is going to be a free event!

What is the venue then if you don't mind me asking. I live quite nearby (South Woodford) so Liverpool St. is much better for me anyway!

Incidentally, I hope that someone's already thought of it (I'm sure you have!) but something that will be different from last year will be the level of security required...

m0ds

Why, are we going to have to throw you out for heckling? :P There will be several team members this year making sure everyone's having a safe & groovy time :)

Funds are being secured through IndieGoGo, the idea is that instead of a ticket you make a pledge and help us reach the goal, and in effect bring the 2012 event into fruition that way. If it works it works, if not, everyone's money is returned and it's a quiet Christmas ;)

I'm not sure if you can see the page, you certainly can't pledge yet but if it works take a peek at the campaign page: (see below)

I'm still waiting on a couple of little aspects before setting the final campaign goal, so it might go down between now and its launch (it certainly won't go up). Also I'm open to ideas for perks.

EDIT: Appears that page can't be viewed just yet. It's a wall of unformatted text, but here's a heads up:

ABOUT ADVENTURE-X 2012:

A variety of new games will be showcased and available to play over both days, with a focus on adventure games, especially point & clicks of mainstream and indie design.

We have special guests who will give a talk & answer questions about past, present & future projects. A variety of other features help AdventureX stand out as the must-visit event for adventure game fans this Christmas!

Located 3 mins from Liverpool St. Station, London - you'll be able to reach the venue easily using the Tube or Bus. Visit London in it's celebratory 2012 year, join us on SATURDAY 15th DECEMBER & SUNDAY 16th DECEMBER.

FREE ENTRY, ALL AGES ARE WELCOME (We ask that under 16's be accompanied by an adult, we reserve the right to refuse entry)

AFTERPARTY on SATURDAY NIGHT for Over 18's only

GUEST SPEAKERS

Special guest confirmed: DAVE GILBERT (Wadjet Eye Games)
PUBLISHER: Resonance, Gemini Rue, Puzzlebots, Primordia
WRITER: The Blackwell Series, The Shivah

Special guest confirmed: STEPHEN MARLEY (UK Author)
CREDITS: Martian Gothic, Dreamweb, Warhammer: Dark Omen

Charles Cecil (Revolution Software) has also shown an interest so please help us reach our goal and convince the man to make an appearance and tell us all about Broken Sword 5 at AdventureX !!

MORE SPECIAL GUESTS TO BE ANNOUNCED!!

CONFIRMED GAMES/EXHIBITORS/HANDS-ON:
Quest For Infamy (Infamous Quests)
Screen 7

OTHER 2012 FEATURES:

Little Lectures (on game-design for n00bs) including
> Artwork - to be confirmed
> Music composition techniques, how to have a better soundtrack
> Breaking into Voice Acting
> Sound design and audio services
> Starting out with AGS (Adventure Game Studio)
> Advanced AGS programming session
> An introduction to forming a UK business

If you're an artist and want to showcase your works, please get in touch with Mark on mark at screen7.co.uk - whether your artwork is game related or not!

Ali's Amazing Adventure Game
A humorous interactive 'choose your own adventure' game with Alasdair Beckett-King, creator of freeware fancy Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy. Join in and see just where Ali and his amazing adventure take you!!

Hands-On Gaming
A selection of PC's allow you and your friends to play adventure games, see previews and trailers and many other exciting surprises!

> Station 1: Indie Adventure Game Showcase
> Station 2: Indie Adventure Game Showcase
> Station 3: Featured Indie/mainstream game
> Station 4: Featured Mainstream game
> Station 5: General internet use

Competitions. Take part in our "pub quiz" and also compete for prizes on our specially hosted console challenges throughout the day!

Prize draws. More info on this and the prizes will appear on the website. We hold prize draws at various times on both days.

Big bundle. One lucky person will win a bumper selection of hard-copies and digital copies of adventure games!

Swap shop. Bring your old adventure games and swap them with others!

Afterparty. Join us in the pub next door to the venue on the Saturday night (7-Late)! We might even hold a pub quiz! The only extra cost is whatever you buy from the bar!

MORE FEATURES & A FULL ITINERARY WILL BE ONLINE MID-NOVEMBER, LISTING TIMES OF SPEECHES AND FEATURES - IF THE CAMPAIGN IS SUCCESSFUL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT!

THE HISTORY OF ADVENTUREX

In 2011 I hosted the first AdventureX after many years of trying to get the thing running. Inspired by London's old ECTS games show, it's basically a small convention for adventure game enthusiasts and developers to come along, meet, greet, listen to talks and masterclasses and of course see all the latest adventure games in development.

I'm thankful for everyone who supported it and helped make it happen last year, all the visitors who made the journey, and the support from Lace Mamba, TellTale, Lightbulb Games, Boneyard Audio, AGS and the developers who sent me their games to show or came along themselves to present.

Quite a few people came last year and there is expressed interest in holding it again in 2012. Unfortunately, the former location is being bulldozed, and so we have to locate AdventureX somewhere new. Thankfully a new venue has been sourced in central London, next to Liverpool St. station.

The facility has an area for discussion and show and tell, plus a seminar room for presentations and speeches. Of course, central London comes at a cost. This campaign has been formed to raise the funds to cover the venue and also to pay any travel expenses our special guests may need.

With the funds secured beforehand, it also means we can open the event up as free entry so there will be no need to pre-book a ticket, just turn up!

Once again there will be speeches by developers of well known mainstream titles, freeware and other indie games. There will be a selection of games to see and play for yourself, plus many other quirky features that make AdventureX a must visit event for adventure game fans near Christmas!

READ MY ROUNDUP OF THE 2011 EVENT HERE:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44754.0

To breakdown the costs to you: £1365 target (= $2200)

£750 venue hire for a Saturday & Sunday
£250 special guest travel expenses
£250 setup costs, prizes, catering & crew expenses, signage & marketting
£165 IndieGoGo & PayPal fees

AFTERPARTY: If we exceed our goal and reach $2600 we will be hiring a pub basement on Saturday evening, with private bar & toilets + AV system. Otherwise we will just use the normal bit of the pub :)

I hope to put some of my own funds into it nearer the time.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

You can use PayPal or your debit or credit card to pledge to the AdventureX campaign. With your help, if we reach our goal we can go ahead and run the show in 2012. Get your friends involved, mention it on Facebook and Twitter and any other means necessary!

Even if you can't attend your pledge will still get the news to your inbox, and help us produce other material from the show. We hope to have videos of the show, online interviews with the guests and other funky technological aspects. Please keep in mind we are not specifically budgeting for this in 2012 but it is our intention over the years to make the show completely accessable via the interwebs.

If you might be interested in working on a digital aspect for the show, filming or anything else - please get in touch with Mark at mark at screen7.co.uk .

WHAM

Payday is friday, expect money then. ;)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Chicky

Afterparty! Now we're talking :=

Is 'theSynapse' the guy who was dissing 320? He's in my bad books (wrong)

Also welcome to the forums ;)

Radiant

Okay, I like the way this is shaping up. You can tentatively list me as an attendee for Crystal Shard and our upcoming game, Heroine's Quest (The Herald Of Ragnarok). Depending on what you need, I could be a regular guest, or give a hands-on demo, or prepare some kind of presentation as a guest speaker (although I'm not nearly as famous as Dave G). It's tentative because it depends on my schedule, I can be more clear about this in two or three weeks.

AGA

Quote from: theSynapse on Wed 12/09/2012 13:39:01
Quote from: AGA on Tue 11/09/2012 15:27:52
You chose the worst possible time to mention this, theSynapse, as I sent an email this morning confirming our booking of a different venue!

Tickets aren't actually available yet, so you haven't missed your chance.  While Elephant might be a good location (albeit a bit iffy), the venue we've booked is actually only a few minutes from Liverpool Street station, which is on the Stansted Express line, as well as four Underground lines.  It certainly could be worth m0ds speaking to these GameCamp people though, at least to get some advice, if not some attendees and publicity...

Sorry! Wasn't trying to mess things up! It's just that I was thinking about starting to get into AGS and came to the forums, but for the first time in about 8/9 months!

How are we securing funds then? I'm intrigued as to how this is going to be a free event!

What is the venue then if you don't mind me asking. I live quite nearby (South Woodford) so Liverpool St. is much better for me anyway!

Incidentally, I hope that someone's already thought of it (I'm sure you have!) but something that will be different from last year will be the level of security required...

Most of the details are further up in this thread.  It's at UEA London (much smaller university building!), on Middlesex Street, across Bishopsgate from Liverpool Street station.  Only 7 stops on the Central Line!

theSynapse

I know the road well (although I never bought any petticoats....). I shall be there!

And for anyone who's worried - there are so many pubs and bars round there you couldn't crawl round all of them in a week!

theSynapse

Quote from: Chook on Wed 12/09/2012 15:53:43
Afterparty! Now we're talking :=

Is 'theSynapse' the guy who was dissing 320? He's in my bad books (wrong)

Also welcome to the forums ;)

Since I don't even know what 320 is, I'm presuming that I'm not your guy! :-)

I was one of the few who wasn't part of the AGS community at all. I just saw a post on indiegames.com and booked a ticket immediately last year!

And yes, after party certainly sounds good! We can acquaint ourselves then!

EDIT: Looking forward to spreading the word. Get that link up quick m0ds!

Mati256

You must record everything on video and offer it as a perk. ;) ;)
My Blog! (En Español)

m0ds

Thanks Radiant, I'll put your game on the list!

Mati - anyone who pledges will get access to videos, quite who will shoot those videos I don't know at this point..

Campaign will go live a bit later today I hope :)

theSynapse

Reprise of special exclusive Yahtzee commentary? That was pretty darn cool last year.

m0ds

Official announcement in a new thread soon but it's possible to pledge now!

http://www.indiegogo.com/adventurex2012

Also, be sure to "like" http://www.facebook.com/adventurexpo :)

PS. And with some luck, AGA is going to test spamming your PM inbox ;)

Azure

Telling everyone I know about this :) Gimme a shout if there's anything else I can do to help.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

Thanks Azure! And all others who have contributed this early. I'm going to try and update that page to look a lot nicer which requires some time working on the HTML, but it should be in a decent state between now & tomorrow. And at that point I'll go around and promote the campaign beyond AGS :)

Ali

The forums died, and now the picture of Nelly is gone from this thread.

HAVE WE GONE BACK IN TIME?!

Eric

My disappeared message encouraged you to make formal plans to video and distribute AdvX2012 panels for those of use who won't be able to attend (but donated partially because of the potential for videos).

AGA

Quote from: Eric on Tue 18/09/2012 15:15:50
My disappeared message encouraged you to make formal plans to video and distribute AdvX2012 panels for those of use who won't be able to attend (but donated partially because of the potential for videos).

There are plans, at very least.

m0ds

Aye, it seems anything created in the last few days (threads, db entries, PM's) have suffered, missing presumed dead...!

Though - I got the email of your gfx, thank yous ali!

Eric - Much obliged. My handycam will record the talks but whether someone with a more professional setup is available, not sure yet. We'll also have a webcam streaming the event but what the sound quality is like who knows. However, thanks to your contribution and others - the more that's raised, we'll be able to hire that pro cinematographer and get the best usb webcam on the market :D

m0ds

If you want to exhibit then please get in touch! That means - perhaps you run a business, development studio or just have a great game you've made that you want people to be able to focus on at the event. As an exhibitor, you'll get a table, some chairs and power outlet. From there, you can decorate and turn your space into whatever kind of promotional atrocity you want ;)

This costs you nothing, but please get in touch with me about it as soon as you can, and remember to include cover images/promo images for the games you want to exhibit and a nice clear company logo for the AdventureX website. If you can't make it, but still want your company to stand out, or have you game included in a showcase - do get in touch with me...thanks!!

mark at screen7.co.uk

New special guest confirmed! Alex Warren, creator of 'Quest', an online text & gamebook adventure tool will be at the event.

Website is also coming very soon!

Andail

I just claimed something excitable :)
Probably won't show up though, but you never know! Good luck guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk