Sunday (16th)
0 (0%)
Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

AGA

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 29/10/2012 12:10:01
Will there be a series of irrational inventory-based puzzles to solve in order to be able to enter the exhibition?

The building does have a security guard and security gates.  I could make it so that each of you has to find a way of getting past these before you gain entry, if you'd like.

Andail

Congratulations! Now you can finally stop being annoyed with other adventure game-related crowdfunding campaigns...  :-*

Oh and I'll try to be there, however unlikely it seems at the moment!

Edit:
Hehe, guilt trip accomplished

adm244

MurrayL

Awesome to hear it's definitely going ahead!

I'll be there with Astroloco: Worst Contact!

Ali

Yeppoh

Will there be a series of irrational inventory-based puzzles to solve in order to be able to enter the exhibition?

That would be awesome. But I have to ask : Discworld kind of irrational, Broken Sword kind of irrational or King's Quest kind of irrational inventory-based puzzles?

m0ds

Thanks everyone! Don't worry Andail, Berian will continue to advertise the event on your facebook page. Taleweaver, what about hostels nearby? Anyway, I'll speak to someone who did mention looking for a room. And thanks for your interest (and signing up here!)

Nice one Dave! WIth the funding complete, as I said to the team:

[embed=640,360]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IUH3JQjcweM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Taleweaver

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 29/10/2012 23:41:51
Taleweaver, what about hostels nearby?
I've yet to find a nearby hostel with a better-than-awful rating. And really, it's not that I cannot afford a hotel. I just don't want to waste money if I can avoid it. The place I have in mind is basically just around the corner to AdventureX, and I think GBP 60 for two nights is quite a good deal for London.

Thanks for helping me find a roommate, though. I really appreciate that.

YicklePigeon

It's good to see that the target was not so much reached...but breached :D (boom boom! Thank you! I'll be here all week... ;) ), tossed a few coins into the pot anyway. :)

Regards,

Yickle
Woof woof.

Andail

I'm seriously considering attending, seeing now that Ryanair will fly me to London for virtually nothing.

Any suggestions where I could stretch out nightly are appreciated.

cat

Great, I'll book a flight within the next days.

CaptainD

Quote from: Nefasto on Mon 29/10/2012 23:26:32

That would be awesome. But I have to ask : Discworld kind of irrational, Broken Sword kind of irrational or King's Quest kind of irrational inventory-based puzzles?

A combination of all three, with a bit of Ocean Spirit Dennis thrown in!!  (laugh)

SEARCH pile of leaves - find ancient amulet
STEAL breadcrumbs from small child
USE breadcrumbs to attract pigeon
USE ipod on pigeon to frighten it
USE frightened pigeon on ancient amulet
TALK TO ancient amulet
Receive wisdom of the ancients
USE wisdom of the ancients on tree
tree becomes ent
TALK TO ent
PICK UP paperclip
USE paperclip to unlock gardener's shed
PICK UP shovel
USE shovel on lake in Hyde Park to create channel diverting water to ent
ent will now distract guard for you
PICK UP kipper from residual waters of channel
SLAP Ocean Spirit Dennis with kipper
ENTER ADVENTURE-X

AGA

Quote from: Andail on Wed 31/10/2012 09:53:25
I'm seriously considering attending, seeing now that Ryanair will fly me to London for virtually nothing.

Any suggestions where I could stretch out nightly are appreciated.

Unfortunately the two spaces I can offer have already been bagsied.  The flat's too small to fit any more in comfortably anyway; it's all tile and wood flooring besides, which would probably be remarkably uncomfortable to sleep on.  Plus Jen probably wouldn't be too happy about having hundreds of sweaty nerds taking up her space.

Taleweaver

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 31/10/2012 11:50:49
SEARCH pile of leaves - find ancient amulet
STEAL breadcrumbs from small child
USE breadcrumbs to attract pigeon
USE ipod on pigeon to frighten it
USE frightened pigeon on ancient amulet
TALK TO ancient amulet
Receive wisdom of the ancients
USE wisdom of the ancients on tree
tree becomes ent
TALK TO ent
PICK UP paperclip
USE paperclip to unlock gardener's shed
PICK UP shovel
USE shovel on lake in Hyde Park to create channel diverting water to ent
ent will now distract guard for you
PICK UP kipper from residual waters of channel
SLAP Ocean Spirit Dennis with kipper
ENTER ADVENTURE-X
That sounds more like Interactive Fiction than like something Sierra would have done. I think it should be more like...

USE emergency brake
(train stops quite abruptly)
USE guy who fell on you
(whoa, he's not too happy)
USE Ben Croshaw autograph ON guy who fell on you
(that should calm him down)
TAKE crooked umbrella
(looks more like a crowbar? hmm)
USE crooked umbrella ON stuck doors
(leave the train)
LOOK metal slot
(what could fit in there?)
USE British flag ON metal slot
(yeah, but how open the panel?
USE crooked umbrella
(opened it; it's going to fall apart if you look at it too closely?)
LOOK crooked umbrella
(there, it fell apart)
TAKE metal rod
(how could I make this into a screwdriver)
USE metal rod ON train tracks
(whoosh! now it has a nice flat end!)
USE flattened metal rod ON panel
USE flattened metal rod ON screw
(argh, have to click the exact spot)
(hmm, colored buttons! Looks like the British flag comes into play here!)
PUSH white
PUSH red
PUSH white
PUSH blue
PUSH white
PUSH red
PUSH white
PUSH blue
PUSH white
PUSH red
PUSH white
(phew, long combination)
USE ladder
...and you're inside!

m0ds

There's a price slider here and some of them do have single rooms, of course, sharing with more people you pay much less.

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?city=London&country=England

straydogstrut

Congrats on reaching the funding target!! I'll only be able to make the Sunday and i'm jetting off to NYC the next morning, but I'm super excited this is going ahead. Especially looking forward to Rebecca's VA talk  :-D

m0ds

If you want to showcase your game in person and haven't gotten in touch with me already please email me mark at screen7.co.uk - you'll be designated a 15 min slot on Sat or Sun (or both if you want), but I won't be able to schedule anyone in AFTER Nov 31st so do let me know ASAP if you think you can attend and show your game.

Alternatively, if you want your game to be seen/played by others then you'll need to send me builds by around Dec 10th at the latest. It'll be put on the gaming machines and if you send us some thorough information on the game we may be able to present it too. So if you're considering it, please prepare that build now! We're particularly interested in unreleased games and new games around the December period, but will happily include any other games you've released in 2012 on the machines.

We're also happy to receive:
> A video presentation (no more than 10 minutes please) whether it be about your game, a masterclass etc
> Game trailers. We're looking for exclusive/unseen content but any new trailers relating to your games are welcome.
> Written info. Send us something to print off and leave lying around for people to read!
> Screenshots. For our webcast slideshow, our in-house slideshow and other promotional material.

You are also more than welcome to dedicate someone else you know is going with the task of presenting your game, you must let me know who's doing your presentation again by Nov 31st. Thank you!

Oh, and if you want to give a masterclass/tutorial you'll also be given a dedicated 15 min or so time slot, again let me know the subject and which day you'd be most happy to present it.

Finally, if you've emailed me recently about the event PLEASE NOTE I have lost all my emails after re-installing Windows, so I will need to hear from you again before Nov 31st so I've got your contact details (in fact, please drop me an email as soon as you can) - thanks!

PS: AdvX is made up of 3 quadrants this year, Main Hall A will have VIP speeches, masterclasses & special features in it, Main Hall B will have exhibitors & game demonstrations, the Breakout Area is for chilling, playing dedicated games machines and refreshments. Please be aware that some items will overlap others, except VIP speeches. We have more to fit in this time. Also note I will not be doing demonstrations of games sent to me (unless you send me a decent page of info to use for talking notes!!!), you'll need to turn up or dedicate someone else who's turning up if you want your game properly presented.

Taleweaver

By the way, I spread the word a little about AdventureX. I guess some more advertising can't hurt.

cat

Before I book the flights - is anyone interested in doing a day of sight-seeing before or after AdventureX?

LimpingFish

I'll be booking my flights this week, but I've yet to locate accommodation. As soon as somebody finds a decent hotel near the venue, please post about it here. :)

Quote from: cat on Sun 04/11/2012 11:18:02
- is anyone interested in doing a day of sight-seeing before or after AdventureX?

With decent accommodation, I'm open to an extra day or two in London. Anybody else?
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk