0 (0%)
Sunday (16th)
0 (0%)
Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

m0ds

Free to exhibit: see http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46214.msg629956#msg629956

AdventureX - for adventure game fans, game designers & those just curious!

Hi folks, I'd like to give you a heads up about a possible AdventureX event this year. With your help we can make it happen! No tickets this year, instead a funding campaign on good old IndieGoGo. With the goal met, we can hire a central London location and allow visitors to enter for free.

http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex

Another line up of well known and lesser known developers will be along to give talks, there'll be a bunch of new games to see and plenty more to do. Things are not finalized, and I'd welcome anyone with an interesting idea to get in touch.

http://www.indiegogo.com/adventurex2012

If you can spare a few dollars to make it happen in 2012, you'll help strengthen it for the future - so whether you may be able to turn up this year or not, you can certainly help others enjoy the event this year.

There is disabled access and we'll have a webcast running this year, on-site wifi and the famous Peticote Lane market is just outside the front door - so come along!

The Adventure Gamers write up of the first event last year:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18648

Features this year - help us reach the funding goal!
- Dave Gilbert, Wadjet Eye Games
- Stephen Marley, Martian Gothic & Dreamweb
- Alex Warren, creator of Quest (for text adventures)
- Jon Ingold CEO Inkle Studios
- ??????? ?????, help us reach our goal to announce another special guest!
- Daily games showcasing, choose your own adventure game, short masterclasses
- Competitions, quiz & after-party

Thank you for your support - see you in London later this year?

Original post:
:)

Smello. I am interested in doing this again later this year, but would be interested to have any ideas for speakers and anything else you feel can be improved. I know the location is a bit "bum" but I don't see much chance of changing that for the second run I'm afraid. Hopefully in the future though.

One speaker is certainly interested, see here - does this interest you? Who else might - preferably UK/Europeans though, can't really afford to fly Americans over I'm afraid! I've also got a couple of requests pending, and I guess it would be worth trying the people who couldn't make it last time (ie Charles Cecil, Jonathan Boakes).

If anyone thinks they may be interested in exhibiting let me know, and feel free to suggest ways to make the experience better for you. This time the schedule will be a bit more strict (meaning, I will try and stick to it!) and there will actually be tutorials this time.

One more thing to note: There are still 2 newsletters pending from the last event, which will be sent in the run up to the 2012 event (before tickets go on sale). Around the same time, everyone who contributed last year will be sent the former newsletters (you can expect this around July/August). Also many apologies to those awaiting a prize via post. I'm sending those out on the s7 relaunch around July 7th.

All comments/questions welcomed, just let me know if you have any ideas. Any games in production you'd particularly want to see? (I notice there are some that will still be in development that were featured last year, and some even got missed out of the show due to me not being overly organised).

Also dates - december good? And if so when, 8 & 9, 15 & 16, or 22 & 23?

EDIT: What AGS people would you be most thrilled to meet or have speak? :)

» It's still totally free to exhibit your game/company at AdventureX ! Get in touch if you want to represent

QuoteNotes by me for me

- More audio clips by developers
- London venues, Beckett's cave, universities

WHAM

When will this happend and how much for tickets?
I'm looking into travelling to the UK some time this year and this just might be the perfect chance! :D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

m0ds

Most likely December again sir! Unless there is major objection to that (but it seemed to work out okay last time).

Tickets will be £15 for 2 day pass and £10 for one day pass. This includes the ticket system fee, which was added on top of the ticket price last year.

CaptainD

I missed last year so am definitely wanting to come this year - the location is actually quite handy for me, only about an hour's drive away.  Maybe first or second weekend in December?

I do hope to have at least 2 games to showcase at the event, depending on the stage of development they've reaching - Troll Song Episode 1: Completely Stoned and Captain Disaster in Death Has a Million Stomping Boots.

No particular ideas about speakers, unless you can bribe Steve Purcell into coming!!  :-D

WHAM

Hell, I'll have plenty of time to gather up some money for the trip AND to build something new and cool to showcase!
Depending on the exact date I should have no problemt making the trip! Wheee!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Radiant

I'll consider joining this year, but december is too far away for me to make any promises on that.

Peder 🚀

I might try harder to make it this time lol :P. Doubt I'll have anything to show though..

m0ds

Cheers Gents. And I will try and run it better this time :P No definite dates for a while, but any interest and ideas at the moment is much appreciated.

Darth Mandarb

You should plan it for on/around 21 December... ring in the end of the world with the Mayans!!!

I would LOVE to attend (nod) but with it being across the pond my chances of attending are low :~( 

And December is still a long way off (wtf)

Love the idea and your commitment to it though!

Jared

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 12/06/2012 12:21:47

Keynote presentation from Icey?

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Jared on Fri 15/06/2012 04:05:32
Quote from: m0ds on Tue 12/06/2012 12:21:47

Haha.

CaptainD

Quote from: Jared on Fri 15/06/2012 04:05:32

Only if it's a complete annotated history of Oceanspirit Dennis and his roots in Norse mythology.  That should take several hours.

m0ds

With such a prestige guest I'd have to raise the ticket price to £100, at least.

In 2003, designer C. Cecil said "point & clicks are dead". In 2012, designer I. Games will announce "point & clicks r...p g."

Chicky

I'll be there! This year I plan to drink more beer and pester Ali less.

Azure

Oh oh me me! I wanna go! I've totally posted on the forums since last year. I'm def interested and will try to bring even more random people  :)

Charles Cecil sounds cool especially as they're hinting about a new game being announced soon. How about Steve Ince as well?
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

Ah bollocks. I've just heard they're knocking down the Labour Club venue so it won't exist this Christmas time :( Thanks for the interest though, I'll have to look into some new venues  :-\

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/9667178.Labour_Club_sells_site_for_development/

Technocrat

That sucks. Looks like we'll have to resort to the Communist Party Club or the Monster Raving Loony Super-Happy Fun-Park

m0ds

Or the local happy whore-house ;)

Trust me, this is Didcot we're talking about.

Stee

How about somewhere a little less country bumpkin and a little more accessible by transport?

If you can find a venue near a major transport hub, cheap, it makes it more attractive to customers, especially if it's commutable without relying on spending a fortune on accommodation.

Try and mingle with some other communities on the net - wintermute and the other rubbish ;)  A big problem is that whilst we have a big community, we ironically only have a small footprint in the UK (that's the impression I get anyway) and it's unlikely the foreign folk are going to come over for a 2 day event. If the focus comes off AGS a little there might be a bit more interest elsewhere. As for speakers:

Dan Marshall seems to be in the middle of something that might be adventury but doesn't sound AGSy.

Maybe if the whole development shambles is settled by December there could be a talk on the future development roadpath for AGS by one of the codies.

Dave Gilbert's wife Janet is a Brit, so there's a possibility he/they may be floating around, especially around Xmas time. A more modern (read:active) developer might bring some fresh perspective than "the guy that developed this AAA game several years ago" - especially since adventure games these days are mostly indie / semi indie.

Technocrat has some nice stuff - Would be good to see what he's working on.

I'm not sure he'll pitch up but I'm sure you can bribe Yahtzee into contributing.

Give Davy some promo time on his Big Sheep game  ;)

Bribe a few game journalists to attend with a free ticket and a beer.

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Radiant

Quote from: Stee on Wed 27/06/2012 21:03:30
How about somewhere a little less country bumpkin and a little more accessible by transport?
Ah yes, that is a great idea. Anything within reach of the London subway would have my preference. And there's a lot in that reach.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk