Form 41

Started by KodiakBehr, Thu 14/06/2012 01:44:36

Previous topic - Next topic

KodiakBehr

Project:

Form 41:  A whimsical adventure into the depths of bureaucracy to reclaim one's misplaced life.

Details:

Okay, bear with me here.  I started this project about a year ago, kept it quiet for the most part, and got a fair bit done with it until it became clear that certain design choices that seemed clever at the time were very poor ones.  Had I consulted with others earlier, I wouldn't have succumbed to classic tunnel-vision, and had to scrap months of work.  I took a break from game-design in order to work on some other small projects, but after this long hiatus I'm finally ready to dust this one off again and see if anyone wants to help out.

The story is written and the puzzles are worked out, though plenty of flexibility exists on both fronts to any fresh ideas.

The story tells of an Eastern European immigrant who wakes to find his life turned upside down because a government error has him accidentally declared legally dead.  He must use puzzle-solving to navigate the frustration people experience in banks, doctor's offices, post offices, airports, etc.  Unlike my last game, death will be very possible, so players should be encouraged to save often and pay close attention...crossing the street against the lights, for example, will result in your being flattened.  The player must also manage their "stress level".  As our protagonist gets more anxious about his situation and limited English skills, dialog options become more elusive.  Too much stress, and he might have a full-blown freakout and need to be arrested.  The player can always drink to "reduce stress", but as he gets more drunk, may react to events in unpredictable ways (and be denied certain services)! 

In addition to the writing and design documentation that has been done, I have some scripting experience, access to a high-quality recording studio, all of legacy materials of the first iteration of this game, and the experience of the lessons learned from Last Flight of the Starship Hindenburg.

Positions Available:

I'm absolutely willing to collaborate with anyone who is willing to stay with this for a while, but the skills that this project really needs are an artist (art has always been the major bottleneck for me, and I've never been satisfied with the results) and the support of a patient and more experienced programmer.  If nobody is interested in this, then I'll probably shelf the idea for a while and work on a different AGS project.

Comments:

Interested parties can reply to this thread or contact me via PM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk