AGS Games > Hints & Tips

Black Sect Remake

(1/6) > >>

Shadow1000:
I'm really enjoying this game. I'm finding that the puzzles are fun and progress in the game moves at the perfect pace.

However, I am stuck:

[hide]I'm in the sect's headquarters. I am stuck in 3 areas:

- I don't know how to read the scroll. I've tried applying it to every heat source and many random guesses to no avail
- I am stuck in the puzzle with the buttons underneath the table with the hanging hams. I see that the buttons have letters but don't know what I'm trying to spell
- The hint is "where the warmth is". I guess that means the kitchen (?) but when I go to the kitchen I don't see anything I can interact with there and get killed when I leave.
[/hint]

I assume that the solutions to these are related so if I solve one it will help with at least one of the others but I've spent a lot of time trying to guess and no luck. I don't necessarily need a full solution but even a bit of a hint to get me back on track would be appreciated.

SHADOW

sthomannch:
Shadow1000
1: I also tried with fire, but this is the wrong approach
Spoiler: ShowHide
To read the scroll you need a chemical, but it is probably still out of reach (you didn't find the bedroom yet, did you?) -> First you have to get beyond the door right of the armor. I don't speak of the guard in the room with the table and jug

2:
You need another scroll first, or was it the one that you cannot read yet? Try to solve other puzzles first. If you have a scroll with something like "CL..." written on it (5 letters) you got the right one.

3: warm and cozy. Took me a while to find the right spot
Did you light the fireplace? If so, examine the curtain and tiles. The second tile from the left in the front row especially.

If you get stuck somewhere, then perhaps you have to solve other puzzles first.

Shadow1000:

--- Quote from: sthomannch on 18 Jun 2012, 15:00 ---Shadow1000
1: I also tried with fire, but this is the wrong approach
To read the scroll you need a chemical, but it is probably still out of reach (you didn't find the bedroom yet, did you?) -> First you have to get beyond the door right of the armor. I don't speak of the guard in the room with the table and jug

2:
You need another scroll first, or was it the one that you cannot read yet? Try to solve other puzzles first. If you have a scroll with something like "CL..." written on it (5 letters) you got the right one.

3: warm and cozy. Took me a while to find the right spot
Did you light the fireplace? If so, examine the curtain and tiles. The second tile from the left in the front row especially.

If you get stuck somewhere, then perhaps you have to solve other puzzles first.

--- End quote ---

It sounds like I need to progress just a bit more before solving the first 2 items. Item 3 should be doable (sounds like another pixel hunt :( )

Thanks for the help...will report back when I continue progress

SHADOW

sthomannch:
Not a pixel hunt, but to be more specific
in the room with the fireplace and the two comfortable chairs, light the fireplace, examine everything and have a close look at the floor tiles. In the foreground, first row, second floor tile from the left...

Shadow1000:

--- Quote from: sthomannch on 18 Jun 2012, 17:09 ---Not a pixel hunt, but to be more specific
in the room with the fireplace and the two comfortable chairs, light the fireplace, examine everything and have a close look at the floor tiles. In the foreground, first row, second floor tile from the left...

--- End quote ---

Yes, found it and continuing...

Stuck again but will keep looking :)

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version