Black Sect Remake

Started by Shadow1000, Mon 18/06/2012 14:48:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

I'm really enjoying this game. I'm finding that the puzzles are fun and progress in the game moves at the perfect pace.

However, I am stuck:

Spoiler
I'm in the sect's headquarters. I am stuck in 3 areas:

- I don't know how to read the scroll. I've tried applying it to every heat source and many random guesses to no avail
- I am stuck in the puzzle with the buttons underneath the table with the hanging hams. I see that the buttons have letters but don't know what I'm trying to spell
- The hint is "where the warmth is". I guess that means the kitchen (?) but when I go to the kitchen I don't see anything I can interact with there and get killed when I leave.
[/hint]

I assume that the solutions to these are related so if I solve one it will help with at least one of the others but I've spent a lot of time trying to guess and no luck. I don't necessarily need a full solution but even a bit of a hint to get me back on track would be appreciated.

SHADOW
[close]

sthomannch

Shadow1000
1: I also tried with fire, but this is the wrong approach
Spoiler

To read the scroll you need a chemical, but it is probably still out of reach (you didn't find the bedroom yet, did you?) -> First you have to get beyond the door right of the armor. I don't speak of the guard in the room with the table and jug
[close]
2:
Spoiler

You need another scroll first, or was it the one that you cannot read yet? Try to solve other puzzles first. If you have a scroll with something like "CL..." written on it (5 letters) you got the right one.
[close]
3: warm and cozy. Took me a while to find the right spot
Spoiler

Did you light the fireplace? If so, examine the curtain and tiles. The second tile from the left in the front row especially.
[close]
If you get stuck somewhere, then perhaps you have to solve other puzzles first.

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Mon 18/06/2012 15:00:27
Shadow1000
1: I also tried with fire, but this is the wrong approach
Spoiler

To read the scroll you need a chemical, but it is probably still out of reach (you didn't find the bedroom yet, did you?) -> First you have to get beyond the door right of the armor. I don't speak of the guard in the room with the table and jug
[close]
2:
Spoiler

You need another scroll first, or was it the one that you cannot read yet? Try to solve other puzzles first. If you have a scroll with something like "CL..." written on it (5 letters) you got the right one.
[close]
3: warm and cozy. Took me a while to find the right spot
Spoiler

Did you light the fireplace? If so, examine the curtain and tiles. The second tile from the left in the front row especially.
[close]
If you get stuck somewhere, then perhaps you have to solve other puzzles first.

It sounds like I need to progress just a bit more before solving the first 2 items. Item 3 should be doable (sounds like another pixel hunt :( )

Thanks for the help...will report back when I continue progress

SHADOW

sthomannch

Not a pixel hunt, but to be more specific
Spoiler

in the room with the fireplace and the two comfortable chairs, light the fireplace, examine everything and have a close look at the floor tiles. In the foreground, first row, second floor tile from the left...
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Mon 18/06/2012 17:09:51
Not a pixel hunt, but to be more specific
Spoiler

in the room with the fireplace and the two comfortable chairs, light the fireplace, examine everything and have a close look at the floor tiles. In the foreground, first row, second floor tile from the left...
[close]

Yes, found it and continuing...

Stuck again but will keep looking :)

Thanks

Shadow1000

Ok, REALLY close to the end.

I
Spoiler
put the jug on the hook
[close]
. My problem is
Spoiler
3 corn rows
[close]
???

SHADOW

HandsFree

Yes, you're almost there. :)
Spoiler
Go to the basement and open the sack behind the table (and notice it contains corn). Fill the jug with 3 litres of corn.
[close]

Shadow1000

Wow...what an end!

Thanks for all the help! Loved the game.

SHADOW

AndyfromVA

I'm stuck.

Here's where I currently am.
Spoiler
I'm at the bottom of the well
[close]

Here's what I have in inventory.
Spoiler
Missal, chapel key, tablet, page from a missal, sieve, pitchfork, pin, glove, small key, bar
[close]

Here's what I think I need to do now.
Spoiler
Hit the bell with the bar in accordance with instructions from the missal, but I can't determine what the missal is supposed to tell me.
[close]

Could someone give me some assistance?

HandsFree

What does the hintsystem say? It's helpful for me to know which hints are too obscure so I can make them more explicit where needed.

Spoiler
The instructions in the missal are not for the bell (in fact you don't need to do anything to the  bell at all).
Instead you need the instructions from the tablet.
THE SKY 2 1 3 8 THE EARTH
Where (in the well) are 8 things you can interact with?
[close]

AndyfromVA

Quote from: HandsFree on Tue 19/06/2012 21:02:38
What does the hintsystem say? It's helpful for me to know which hints are too obscure so I can make them more explicit where needed.

Spoiler
The instructions in the missal are not for the bell (in fact you don't need to do anything to the  bell at all).
Instead you need the instructions from the tablet.
THE SKY 2 1 3 8 THE EARTH
Where (in the well) are 8 things you can interact with?
[close]

Thanks for the info.  The hint is very vague.  It says only:
Spoiler
There must be something to do in the well.
[close]

Anian

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 19/06/2012 22:29:41
Thanks for the info.  The hint is very vague.  It says only:
Spoiler
There must be something to do in the well.
[close]
It's not a solution, it's a hint and it's a pretty direct one. With the additional answer HandsFree provided now, it should be obvious.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

HandsFree

The purpose of that hint was to point you to the problem that has to be solved first, given what you have done already.
So are you still stuck?

mkennedy

So is there only the one ending? Or is there a secret ending as well?

HandsFree

The remake has only one ending. As far as I know that's the same in the original game, but I've never been able to reach 100% there, so who knows... 8-). (I even asked on the Lankhor forum, but they didn't know how to get 100% either)

peter

Here are a walkthrough from Arjon

http://gamesolves.hostfree.pw/free/b/bsr.htm

Thanks

Flumper

Completely stuck..
Spoiler
I'm trying to find the loose tile in the draped room, but no matter how much I pixel hunt/click frantically, I can't find it. And yes, I've lit the fireplace.
[close]

Could someone screenie it for me?

HandsFree

Spoiler
It's the second tile from the right on the front row, but it will only be active if you read the prisoner's letter.
[close]

azerty

Stuck at pixel hunting
Spoiler

Where is the gold in the river?
[close]
The walkthrough didn't help. I spend a lot of time on it even after reading it. This kind of pixel hunting always ruins the games.

HandsFree

Spoiler
You have to use the sieve. If you are anywhere near there will be gold dust in the sieve.
[close]
For a picture
Spoiler
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk