Patchwork - SUMMERBATCH!!

Started by Ilyich, Mon 18/06/2012 16:08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilyich

Patchwork is a short fantasy point-and-click adventure. It will [hopefully] be a part of Summerbatch.

After a teleportation experiment goes wrong, a young scientist finds himself, and a good part of his laboratory, in someone else's house. In a parallel universe.

Features:
- Two playable characters
- Hand-painted graphics at an astonishingly non-retro 800x600 resolution
- Simple two-click interface
- Minutes of gameplay

Release date: July 2012.

Anian

Whatcha ya mean "non-retro"? *pulls out a shotgun* We don't take kindly to such art mumbo jumbo around these parts.

Looks great, as your graphs always do. Just make sure the animations are fluid as well.  :grin:
I don't want the world, I just want your half

ThreeOhFour

Finally you have announced it :D

This looks lovely, I am excited to play it!

Armageddon

Quote from: Anian on Mon 18/06/2012 17:01:57Looks great, as your graphs always do.  :grin:
I do love his graphs. :=

Looks great though, is this the same as the screenshot from the release something thread? If it is they look like very different worlds. :P

Chicky

Lovely Ilyich! Both backgrounds look great, i particularly like the goldfish ;-D

I notice the two images under the title are not featured screenshots 8-)

Ilyich

Anian: Thanks! The animations are fluid! Both of them! :D (not really, but the animations are quite sparse)

Ben: Indeed, no idea what I've been waiting for. :) Thanks.

Armageddon: Thank you! No, it's a different game from the one in Release Something thread, but they may or may not be connected in some way. (I'm not being cryptic, I just haven't decided if they are yet :))

Chicky: Thanks! I like the goldfish too. In fact, I like it so much that it has 20 frames of animation (fluid!), not just four ;)
And nicely spotted on the title - indeed, there's more than 2 backgrounds in this game. Not by much, though. :)

Ghost

Nice idea, Ilich, and great graphics too!
I gazed into my crystal ball and saw: Me, hoding a Summerbatch bundle. And it was awesome!

m0ds

...but then he dropped it and it shattered and was no longer very useful* (roll)

Looking good Ilyich! It seems we have a game of almost every AGS capable resolution now :)

* But thanks to the metaphysical he still got that copy of Summerbatch and owned Patchwork forever more.

Sold to him by a fish-like humanoid thing, who was selling something.

Daniel Thomas

Looks great! You get all of my two thumbs up!
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

kconan

Man those shots are stunning, really nice stuff!  Looking forward to the release next month.

Miguel R. Fervenza

Interesting plot, amazing graphics and functional interface, sounds good.

Matti

This looks really nice, Ilyich! Looking forward to it.

Quote from: Ilyich on Mon 18/06/2012 16:08:35
- Hand-painted graphics at an astonishingly non-retro 800x600 resolution

My favorite! Reminds me to get my 800x600 game done at some point in the future  ;)

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 18/06/2012 23:17:09
i particularly like the goldfish ;-D

Me too.

Quote from: Ilyich on Tue 19/06/2012 02:25:04
I like the goldfish too. In fact, I like it so much that it has 20 frames of animation (fluid!), not just four ;)

Great!

Edgar_España

Wow! What good is! The graphics are beautiful. I hope to play it soon, but for now, is clear that promises!

Very good project. Good luck!!!

Nix

Gorgeous artwork! Reminds me very much of studio ghibli. Cannot wait to have a go at playing this. It's nice to see some non-pixel art games are coming into production now :)

Keep up the good work!

Adder

This is looking really good, Ilyich. Looking forward to playing it.

Sane Co.

Looks good so far keep it up!

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk