Resonance - Now on Steam!

Started by Vince Twelve, Tue 19/06/2012 04:24:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

This won't actually be released for 12 hours or so, but I'm going to be on a plane then, so I hope you don't mind me posting a little early:

After five years of development...

is finally available!

Buy Now via Wadjet Eye Games: (will be available for purchase as soon as Dave flips the switch at about 10AM EST)

Story:

A particle physicist's mysterious and spectacular death sparks a race to find his hidden vault and claim his terrifying new discovery. The player will take control of four characters whose lives become entangled in the search for the scientist's vault. They will have to learn to trust each other and work together to overcome the obstacles in their way and to keep this new and powerful technology out of the hands of a dangerous organization.

Screenshots:

Features:

• Four playable swappable characters
  • A twisting, riveting storyline
  • Full voice acting featuring Logan Cunningham (Bastion)
  • Unique long-term and short-term memory systems
  • Cheat death by rewinding time
  • A unique and intuitive interface

Team members:

• Dave Gilbert - Voice Acting directing
  • Janet Gilbert - Programming
  • Nauris Krause - Backgrounds
  • Nikolas Sideris - Music and Sound
  • Shane Stevens - Characters and animation
  • Vince Twelve - Design, programming, story
Steam Note:

We had a snafu with scheduling and cannot formally release the game for purchase on Steam until next month.  However, everyone who buys the game via Wadjet Eye's website also gets a Steam key, and those keys will work on Steam right away!  So, you can get a Steam copy right now by buying from Wadjet Eye via the link above.  And if you absolutely insist on sending your money to me via Steam, you'll just have to wait a month. :P

Personal Note:

Thank you guys for sticking with me through this!  I haven't been as active in the community as I used to be over the last two years or so because I've thrown myself into this game mind-body-and-non-existent-soul.  But I owe so much to this community!  Thank you thank you thank you!

Ponch

Let me be the first to say \o/

david

Congratulations on this baby! I am really proud of you guys to bring this up to light :)

Peder 🚀

My Steam is installing it as I write this!
Congrats on finishing it and I can't wait to receive my boxed editions! :D

CaptainD

Congrats on the release Vince!

Hopefully I should be able to get my review done soon, I'm a reasonable way into the game.  The little vignettes at the start did a great job of setting the mood and introducing the characters btw.

Whoever designed the wiring puzzle needs to be shot, however.  In the end I had to take the easy option to get into the lab!  :-[

an Urpney

Damn! I have to spend 8 more hours at work before I can play!
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Snarky

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I'm alone in the office today, so it's going to be hard not to pop home early.  :)
It's a beautiful day, too, but I guess I won't be getting any sunshine today... Damn you XII!

Even though I have both a Steam code and a GOG code for the game, I didn't manage to download it this morning. (GOG said the code was invalid, and I couldn't find a way to enter it on Steam with the game not being listed.) That's probably just my incompetence, though; will try again after 10 EST.

Andail

Nice, Vince, I have a feeling this will be one of the AGS flagships.

an Urpney

My GOG preorder was locked around 11AM GTM when I had to leave to work.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

nads

Moh, I'll have to hold out until I get paid before I can purchase this. Can't to sit down and play this one.

Ilyich

It's a great day to be an adventure game fan! I've been waiting for this since forever, looking forward to playing it at last!
Congratulations on finally releasing it, wish you a big success!

Frodo

Ordered this through GOG   :grin:

nihilyst

Yeah! Downloaded it on Steam already!
I highly anticipate the boxed version :D

JJS

The download is live on GOG now! I could still sneak in a last-minute preorder this morning :-D
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Dave Gilbert

Hi everyone! The game is now officially live! Head over to the usual place to nab it!

A word about the Steam version. Due to technical reasons beyond our control, the game won't launch on Steam until July 25th. However, if you buy through us, we will send you an activation code that will enable you to unlock it on Steam right away. So if you want to play it on Steam now, buy it from us!

We are extending the boxed edition offer until July 25th (when the game launches on Steam) so if you still want the box, you can still get it! Here's a sample of what the box looks like:

Buying either the boxed version or the digital version gives you a Steam code.

As an aside, I can't tell you what an honor it's been working on this game. This is without a doubt the biggest, deepest most complex game we've ever been involved in. I hope you all enjoy it!

-Dave

Stupot

Hooray! Great day for adventurers!
I've been playing for about 2 hours and loving it so far.
Now, do I go to the pub and watch the England game tonight, or do I stay in and play Resonance?

Ponch

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 19/06/2012 18:12:58
do I go to the pub and watch the England game tonight, or do I stay in and play Resonance?

Now that's a silly question. Who needs friends when you've got AGS games?  ;)

Congrats on the great reviews, Vince.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

This is a huge game, and I should know since I spent countless hours on the interface, the characters and their animations for every little thing Vince could think of (and several he didn't).

I think everyone will be getting their money's worth out of Resonance with interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk