Resonance.

Started by Sslaxx, Wed 20/06/2012 00:31:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Sslaxx

May as well start a thread looking for help on this one.

And here is my question.

Spoiler
During Ray's sequence with the Antevora mainframe (7.30am), I've got the secretary to leave, but now I'm at a loss, can't remember what needs to be done next to get the information for Patterson's mainframe username and password.
[close]

Help?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Frodo

Hey Sslaxx   :smiley:

Have you read any emails on the computer yet?

Tramponline

Keep in mind that Emma Watson's computer is
part of a corporate network.

Plus, on quite a few occasions in Resonance the vital info parts are randomized (three or four variations).
Thus you've to act on the info presented to you in your particular playthrough.   

Sslaxx

Read the emails, but I can't find the relevant info in them.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

CaptainD

Quote from: Sslaxx on Wed 20/06/2012 12:00:45
Read the emails, but I can't find the relevant info in them.

I hope I'm remembering this right...

Spoiler
You should be able to work out from one of the emails how the User Names are set up.  Do you have anything in your inventory that could help you get the passwords?
[close]

Further hint if you need it:

Spoiler
Something that plugs into a port on the computer...
[close]

Sslaxx

Spoiler
Yes, I have Patterson's email address, but I can't find anything there of any relevance. Unless I'm missing someone else.
[close]
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

CaptainD

Spoiler
I don't remember exactly, but doesn't his email asking about the password also contain information about how the username is set up - first 3 characters of surname and first name or something?  If you use the computer, put that username in and then put the password cracker in the USB port you can get into his email account.

Apologies if I'm not quite answering your question, I think that's where you are in the game!)[/hint]
[close]

Rissa

I spent a long time with this as well...

1. step:
Spoiler
Find out how the username for the mainframe is set up -> Emma's email-account
[close]
2. step:
Spoiler
Find out the full name of the Doctor -> the Doctor's email account, but not in the emails, but in the account itself
[close]
3. step:
Spoiler
You need the password to log into the mainframe. This cannot be found in the PC, you need the mainframe and it's options for that
[close]

Frodo

This part stumped me as well, and I needed some help. 

Spoiler
Once you have Dr Hill's username for the mainframe, you still need his password.
[close]

Spoiler
But unfortunetaly, Darren Hill himself doesn't remember it.
[close]

Spoiler
If only their was a way to reset the password.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you looked at the mainframe /help section?
[close]

piperhcombs

Be aware that the username you have to find for the
Spoiler
mainframe
[close]
aka the secretary's boss's name actually changes between each game. For instance the name of the secretary's boss in my game was "Ramon Valdez" and the username was
Spoiler
ramval
[close]
so posting the name you found may only serve to confuse others. There are a few points where names and such may vary between games.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

SarahLiz

Loving this game but I am completely stuck!  Been trying to solve this puzzle for a couple hours now and finally threw in the towel. How do you get past the control panel in order to enter the lab??  Feel like I've exhausted every possibility in the puzzle...

(There's no spoilers in the above question so no need to hide it I hope... :-X)

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

budgerigar

@SarahLiz Do you mean the pin puzzle? If so:
Spoiler
It's pretty involved - something about figuring out values assigned to each pin. (Personally, I had been looking at the puzzle all wrong and was trying to wrap the wire around each one without using a pin twice - which now that I think of it doesn't make much sense considering it's a keypad needing a combination :p) Others have done a better job explaining it, so I'll just say that there's another way in that involves stepping outside and using some teamwork and a bit of heavy lifting. Yes, the pin puzzle is optional. But it *does* earn you an achievement.
[close]

Snarky

Quote from: SarahLiz on Fri 22/06/2012 04:45:09
Loving this game but I am completely stuck!  Been trying to solve this puzzle for a couple hours now and finally threw in the towel. How do you get past the control panel in order to enter the lab??

Spoiler
You have a certain fixed amount of power at the top, and need a certain, smaller, amount of power at the bottom. (In my case it was 19 and 10 lights, respectively, but it might be randomized. Note that the green lights do count as one of the lights.) Each intermediate pin you connect the wire through draws a certain amount of power (i.e. reduces it by a certain number of lights).
[close]
Spoiler
You have to find out how much power each pin draws (a number from 1 to 9) and then find a connecting path that draws the right amount of power (9 in my case, which I connected as 3 + 5 + 1).
[close]
Spoiler
The best way is to start by finding a path that touches only one pin. Once you know the value of that pin, you can make paths of that pin + another pin, and pretty soon you'll know all the values. Note that if the pins draw more power than what you have supplied, the pins that exceed it won't light up when you turn on the power.
[close]
Spoiler
Also, you can connect the pins in any direction. You don't have to follow the black lines in the background.
[close]

Khris

Pins puzzle:
Spoiler
Like Snarky said, the voltage at the top is 19 and it's supposed to be 10 at the bottom.
The values of the pins are as follows:
           (19)

(-3)-------(-5)-------(-4)
  \                    /
   \                  /
    \                /
    (-6)---(-1)---(-8)
      \   /    \   /
       \ /      \ /
      (-2)-(-9)-(-7)
         \      /
          \    /
           \  /
           (10)
[close]
Here's the solution:
Spoiler
[close]

CaptainD

Spoiler
Ah nuts I was so close to working this out, but I never once tried missing out the top row completely!  Just did the alternate easier puzzle instead.  :-[
[close]

Mati256

How do you stop the leak at the lab?
My Blog! (En Español)

piperhcombs

Have you noticed
Spoiler
the sprinkler valve?
[close]
Perhaps you should turn it off.

There's a
Spoiler
vent
[close]
somewhere. Someone should be able to fit in it.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Mati256

Thank you piperchombs.
Actually, what I was missing was
Spoiler
Asking the janitor about his story with the LTM  :-[
[close]
My Blog! (En Español)

selmiak

I'M in the vault past the magnets and
Spoiler
have 2 fuses and a conFusing puzzle. (well, actually I have 3 fuses but the 3rd one doesn\'t fit and it works with 2 fuses as well but with a bit of fiddeling.)
Which touchpad equals which number? The lines and fuses are in another order than the touchpads.
And in which order do the numbers have to be entered, as the lights start to light up from the right.
[close]

Tramponline

Left click on each fuse (while in inventory). That should solve all of your questions.
And LOL for the "conFuse"!! :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk