Trouble Ticket - my first short and simple adventure game

Started by amateurhour, Fri 11/01/2013 17:19:41

Previous topic - Next topic

amateurhour

HELLO!

I started working on this game (primarily as a demo) back last September with the goal of wrapping it up before a convention at the end of October. After a solid 2 months of work and a load of help in the beginner's technical forum as well as some searches to older help threads, I completed the game on time and got to give away copies of it at the show. I even convinced the Two Guys from Andromeda to sit down and play it and they were very friendly, despite it being pretty low rent compared to what they put out : )

Regardless, I got lazy over the holidays and forgot to post it here so without further interruption, I present Trouble Ticket:

And here's the obligatory screenshots of the game in action

Based on the never popular webcomic of the same name, Trouble Ticket begins after a long night of mad science, where the brilliant roommate Evan has accidentally sent his closest two friends and himself, and possibly the entire world, into a virtual environment full of annoying puzzles and snarky dialogue. Can you, as the gruff and temperamental roommate Chuck, help solve the problem of a maniac computer gone rogue? Enlist the help of your other roommate Couch, the suave Australian ladies man, to solve the challenges and escape this game of doom.

It's a short game with just a couple puzzles (as I said it was more of a tech demo than anything, but it is a complete game) and it features VOICE ACTING, CUTSCENES, and A CHANGE-PLAYER system. ALSO I EVEN MADE AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL, HOW COOL IS THAT!?

All of the artwork and code was done by me, and I had voice acting help from some local talent/friends of mine.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think. I joined the forums back late summer last year and this was the first game I've made so far. I love the engine and want to do more.

Thanks!

Features
-voice acting
-640x400 resolution
-swappable player/inventory system
-really, really snarky dialogue...

Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

MiteWiseacreLives!

I played it.. Now take this and make a full game where you can do some fun stuff.
Spoiler

And let me smash the tabel with the leg, darn it!
[close]

Ghost

I am downloading this and shall love the pants off it- looks good!

amateurhour

@MiteWiseacreLives! - Yeah I plan to make a bigger game, this was just a case of "learn the engine and just make a bunch of simple games to get better" I fully plan to have destructible tables and a use for that broken leg in later games, so don't worry.

@Ghost - Thanks! It's not much, but hopefully the writing and dialogue make up for the length and easy nature of it.
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

MiteWiseacreLives!

Right on.. I it got me to the point where I was interested and wanted to keep going, so if you expand on this template/plot I will give it a play for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk