Wages of Darkness (MAGS Game)

Started by Baron, Sat 23/06/2012 16:28:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

The winner of April's MAGS competition (theme: distorted senses) has finally been optimized for general release!  It is a short game (about 10 minutes) in the survivor horror genre.

STORY: A top secret experimental military facility has a primary power failure.  Marina, a plucky young soldier, wakes up in the middle of the crisis, injured and disoriented by the absolute darkness.  Recalling her training, she must make it to the Shelter before her commanders invoke protocol 13.  Along her way she uncovers clues about the fate of the facility as she grapples with her own evanescing sense of self.

Concept, writing and programming by Baron
Backgrounds, animations and GUIs by Kastchey
Superb music by Doc Savage
Beta Testing by Arjon, Tabata, Cleanic & Selmiak

DOWNLOAD

EchosofNezhyt

Wow... So awesome.

Its short but pretty much perfect! Thanks for an awesome experience.

9cupsoftea

Just played this and was really impressed! The concept didn't grab me at first but I soon got into it and brilliantly dark ending! Really nice!

Baron

Thanks guys!  I know it's a bit of a tough-sell, the (mostly) non-graphical graphical adventure, but we really felt that a broader audience would still find the concept compelling.  Your comments make me glad we put all the extra effort into polishing the game after the competition.  Thanks for playing!

SnoringFrog

The download link does not appear to be working. Can we get an updated link? Just came across this on indiegames.com and wanted to give it a shot.

Baron

Hmmmmm....  The download still works for me.  It must have been a server blip (As the company tells me, 99% uptime isn't 100%).

abstauber

That must have been the most cheerful game ever made!
Girls and Boys - download this at once.

:=
Awesome work, guys! It wouldn't have worked without the intro - love it!

SuperDre

blueskirt

Dear Baron,
I know I am a bit late to the party but thank you for having me reach for my security blankets and my plushies.

-blueskirt, whose last Yoshi's Island playthru has turned into a big scaredy-cat.

Baron

Two games on the first page of the CG board -a new personal record! ;-D

Thank you, blueskirt, for letting me scare the security blankets off of you.  It brings me a deep satisfaction to know that the game had its intended impact.  Of course this only encourages me to further excesses in game design....   ;)

Cogliostro

Baron -

It was an amazing game when you released it for MAGS and the extra polish you gave it, upped the ante nicely.  Since I didn't say anything at the time, let me say it now, I considered it high praise when you said that my game had offered you stiff competition for MAGS.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk