Indiana Jones e l'Oro di Gengis Khan (Indiana Jones and the Gold of Gengis Khan)

Started by Gabarts, Sat 23/06/2012 16:32:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabarts

I've started the project with the idea of learning something about AGS and trying to create my own LucasArts adventure...
Well, I'm very happy, and also with your help I managed to create this simple DEMO to play. The most challenging part of course was the coding and make all working with the script, but I enjoyed the Logic 8 Midi music part :)

UPDATE
------
Coverart_Front
Coverart_Back

As I've said... it's a simple little DEMO (it's my first try)

This DEMO is in italian language but I hope one day to finish the game (this is very hard but not impossible...) and make also english translation.
Thanks

Development progress

-Story   100%
-Graphic 40%
-Puzzle  40%

Chapter I completed and playable!

You will find more details in this work in progress website:   GABARTS Digital

The DEMO is outdated, check the link above, it contains the full game playable (ITALIAN language only at the moment, working on the translation).

DOWNLOAD

Darth Mandarb

Menu screens (as stated in the rules) do not count as the required 2 screenshots.  Please update your post with another [in-game] screenshot.

Thanks!

Does "e l'Oro di" translate as "the gold of"?

an Urpney

"Oro" certainly translates to "Gold" - remember that gold flake liquid in Grim Fandango?
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Eric

To be precise, it's "and the gold of."

"e" = "and" in Italian
"y" = "and" in Spanish
"et" = "and" French

All pronounced the same, based on the Latin "et."

Gabarts

LOL :) I've used "Oro" since the very beginning (didn't even noticed) but I can always change it in "Tesoro" (more appropriate maybe) which is the same "Gold"... I've noticed a bug that I haven't corrected :) the X spot where you find your wallet need to be removed once the action is done. I will put a longer DEMO with cutscene later on.

Edgar_España

Hey cool! These projects in the style of early 90's LucasArts are those who cause me more feeling. I know that there are things with a very worthy and amazing, quality with paragraphs graphics very elaborate and modern, but... no, everytime I see something like this, my sensitive fiber suffers... I love! The best of luck and you're already telling us more things, Italian friend!

Gabarts

Thanks! yeah, the adventures out there nowadays are very elaborate and often meet 3D (that personally hate for an adventure game). I mean, I remember playing "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine" or "Escape from Monkey Island"... I completely lost the original feeling and passion. When I replay some old classic of LucasArts, it's like see a great picture, an amazing piece of artwork that I cannot see on 3D productions. I haven't played many adventures in these last years but last one was "Machinarium" and that was very very good.

I hope to put together more and more graphic materials with my game and then ask for some coding help next...

Gabarts

I've started working on the 1 cutscene where you actually can see the place, the time and the funny Marcus Brody who is going to send an important message to Indy, and finally you will know where the Adventure actually begins... I've changed the original plot to make Indy the only player but I'd like in the future (if I'm able to do it) to add the nice 2 players interaction.

Gabarts

I'm still alive. Since I'm doing all by myself, when I get some inspiration and will to make some progress, the Indy adventure comes back to life.
I've drawn all the Venice part sequences and I'm creating puzzle design and animations for this part. Music are also in progress. Thanks AGS for giving me some fun again... :)

CaptainD

Glad you're still working on the game (and glad you're still alive, of course! :grin:)

AprilSkies

It's wonderful to see an Italian fellow developing such great games!
So happy you're going on Gabarts

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Gabarts

A little preview of the development. Small moves, Ellie, Small moves... oh wait that was a movie... :)

Mandle

Looks amazing! Nice Contact reference there as well!

Gabarts

Thank you :)

The English translation will start after finishing the chapter. Of course some guys of the italian forum will help me, my english is good but there are some experts outta there or here maybe.

The whole game is kinda impossible to finish in reasonable time, but I'm thinking to release single chapters to play. Then at the end all will be joined in 1 full game, hopefully :)

Monsieur OUXX

AprilSkies

Gabarts

I'm pleased to announce that Chapter I will be out soon, I'm planning to make a dedicated web page also. The game it's in italian language only at the moment, but an english translation will come as soon as possible once the Chapter is out.

Thanks

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Gabarts on Mon 24/11/2014 10:17:55The game it's in italian language only at the moment

Doesn't matter.. will learn Italiano for this :-D

AprilSkies

E viva l'Italia.
Of course I'd be happy to play it in italian, but Gab, if I can give you an advice, release the english version ASAP. A lot of people will play this pearl!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk