Music Contest - Cocktail Mix - 24. June to 08. Juli

Started by Le Woltaire, Sat 23/06/2012 23:09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

Do you know what a "White Russian" is?
Or a "Bloody Mary"?
Or a "Wodka Martini"?

Sure you know some cocktails.
Just choose one that you like and make a piece of music that is based on the same ingredients and mixing techniques!

Maybe you could name the ingredients and also show a picture of the cocktail...

Don't drink and drive!
It's wrong...

Le Woltaire

Er...
I remind that there is this compo here...
Is there anybody who wants to enter?

I give you an example how it works.
To make it more easy for everyone...
Let's take a wodka martini:

A Wodka-Martini consists of 50% Wodka and 50% Martini Bianco.
Then shake it and put two green Olives in the Glass...
Ok now: Wodka is Russian and has about 40% degree of alcohol, it's clear and made of rye.
Martini Bianco is a Wermouth from Italy. Basically it's white wine with wermouth herbs and has 16% of alkohol.

Think about a musical theme that fits for the Wodka!
And same for the Martini!
Then mix them toghether somehow!
Shuffle or stir it.
Maybe two massive intermezzos for the Olives and some Ice on the ground.
And there is your music entry for this competition!

It's not that difficult!
Try some cocktails and you'll get an idea...

This competition might change your whole live if you drink and mix enough!

AnalogGuy

Nice and very original competition idea there, thumbs up for that. But still, even thought I'm musician and creating cocktails and drinks is one of my hobbies and couple times even worked as a bartender so I know these things quite well... but I still think that it's not that easy to execute in musical way. Very nice idea but not that practicable, but in other hand it might let you create some great and interesting combinations nonetheless. Sorry that I'm not currently ready for participating such competitions.
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

AnalogGuy

So what's the situation? Will there be any other tune contest? It seems like the musicians available are quite a minority?

About the cocktail theme, I must add that it would help to do quite John Cage stuff... ;)
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

DoorKnobHandle

Yeah, please let's not have the tune contest die..!

Le Woltaire

dkh, AnalogGuy, or somone else:

can't you just post a small piece of music?

So I can instantly decide who the winner is and we go on with the next competition!

Viking

All right, I couldn't let a tune contest go un-answered!

So I spent a few hours and wrote Highball (that's a link, by the way).  It's not very inspired, sorry.  But it did make me do a little research into cocktails, since frankly about the strongest thing I drink is the occasional glass of wine.  Apparently the original highball is now called a "Scotch and soda."  Hence, you have the scotch -- the musical representation of which, of course, has to be bagpipe music, here approximated with oboes, plus a bass clarinet, bassoon and contrabassoon for the drone.  And you have the soda, which is your typical water type music, with the harp/flute thingy representing the effervescence, and the brass adding at least a small bit of interest before the Scotch comes back with a vengeance.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't win any prizes for this piece of rubbish, but seeing as I'm the only entry so far, perhaps I may be luckier this time....

Le Woltaire

Thank you Viking.

You Win!

I was instantly able to hear the Scotch!

Since I was already drunken I didn't ask myself wehre the tonic water was and didn't miss the ice.

Now you decide the next theme!

Viking

Thanks!  I didn't even think about ice either.  Is it customary to have ice in a cocktail?  Hopefully the soda water was evident, at least.

At any rate, I'll post a new tune contest shortly here, once I think of a theme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk