Reon Quest Episode 1: The Mysterious Aluminatti Society

Started by Jaffles, Sun 24/06/2012 03:35:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaffles

It's here! It's here! It's finally here! Yes, this is is the first game of the Reon Quest series, and my first game working with AGS as well. It's a comedic adventure that should last you about an hour and a half on your first playthrough. I'd really like to thank everyone on the forums here who encouraged me and helped me learn to use AGS, and I really hope that you guys enjoy this game as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Story: After a Pudding Bomb is detonated late one Wednesday night in Reon Elementary School, Draco (a reptilian prankster with a heart of gold) is unfairly blamed and placed in Sunday detention. Through the help of a decidedly smug letter, Draco discovers that he was in fact framed by the Mysterious Aluminatti Society. Swearing revenge, Draco must now break out of detention and bring justice to the Aluminattis. But unfortunately for Draco, things aren't quite as simple as they seem...

Features:

-Twelve Puzzle Packed Rooms
-A Deep and Emotionally Involving Story About Pudding (AND Spicy Gumbo!)
-A Shameless Plug for Episode 2
-Original Soundtrack
-Various Morons with which to Converse

The Team:

Cutler R. (Jaffles): Programming, Art, Writing
Cooper Y. : Art, Writing
Grant H. : Original Soundtrack

Screenshots:

I hope you guys enjoy the first work of but a humble cartoonist!

sthomannch

So far I enjoyed the game, nice puzzles and consistent art work. But I didn't find a way to save the game...

Khris

Yeah, did you remove that? The game isn't that short, so how can we save?

Jaffles

My sincerest apologies folks! I figured since the game was only about an hour or so, a saving system wasn't necessary. Luckily it's an easy fix, and now there is a saving system implemented! Hope you guys can enjoy the rest of the game now, and feel free to give any and all feedback! I'd love to hear what you guys think!

EDIT: Apparently somehow adding the save system made it so the music skips whenever a sound effect is played. This is now fixed as well.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The art style of this game really takes me back to AGS '2000!

Clustered

nice game with decent old school graphics and the puzzles were well thought out and very logical and very good story so all in all it was a very fun game to play.

Crimson Wizard

I think there's a slight resemblance with 5DAS in these screenshots... a little boy on tree, and a red car... is there some deeper sense in this? :P

Graphics look fun btw!

Jaffles

Thanks for the comments guys! Any and all feedback is welcomed with open arms!

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 25/06/2012 15:11:00
The art style of this game really takes me back to AGS '2000!

Thanks! That mean a lot coming from a master of the old-school style such as yourself! Though truth be told, back in 2000, I was but a young lad watching my older sibling play the Nancy Drew adventure games on our ancient Compaq PC! Ah, how time flies...

Quote from: Clustered on Mon 25/06/2012 15:11:00
nice game with decent old school graphics andthe were well thought out and very logical and very good story so all in all it was a very fun game to play.

Awesome! Glad to hear you enjoyed the game! Keeping the puzzles grounded in logic (despite the silliness surrounding them) was a major focus of mine, so I'm glad to hear it payed off! Thanks so much for taking the time to play the game!

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 25/06/2012 15:11:00
I think there's a slight resemblance with 5DAS in these screenshots... a little boy on tree, and a red car... is there some deeper sense in this?  :P

Graphics look fun btw!

Ha! I never noticed that before, but you're right! Though, if you get a chance to play through the game, I'm sure you'll find that 5 Days a Stranger and Reon Quest, go for a bit of a different tone :D. Thanks for the comment!

CaptainD

Gah I hadn't noticed that this was in the Completed Games section now...

It looks absolutely charming.  Congrats on the release.  I do hope the Rating P for Pudding won't affect players' waistlines too much though?

Jaffles

Hello everyone! Due to some feedback concerning difficulty in reading text (not quite enough contrast with some of the darker text), I have now released Reon Quest Episode 1: v1.1. Other improvements include improved cursors, and a few more hints for one of the more difficult puzzles.

So if you haven't given the game a try, go for it! It's only gotten better!

Plus, Episode 2 is right around the corner...  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk