Echoes of the Nezhyt

Started by EchosofNezhyt, Wed 27/06/2012 15:39:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

For the sake of this thread, I think you should be called a Grammar KGB Agent instead of Grammar Nazi.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Anian on Fri 29/06/2012 13:22:47
...so a radioactive zombie horror? I'm ok with that, keep it up.
Zombies are not undead. They are people who took a lot of radioactivity from TV.

Quote from: CaptainD
For the sake of this thread, I think you should be called a Grammar KGB Agent instead of Grammar Nazi.
or Grammar Commi?

Anian

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 29/06/2012 13:34:28Zombies are not undead. They are people who took a lot of radioactivity from TV.
Ghoul then?
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Darth Mandarb

STOP!

Take the off-topic stuff to PMs please.

Carry on [topic].

Jaffles

Wow, I can already tell just how atmospheric this game is going to be, and from only two screenshots nonetheless! Best of luck with development!

EchosofNezhyt

Thanks.
The dialog options that I have done are not final, Well maybe a few I liked.(Thanks for the tip though.)
It's also not a survival horror or horror in general, I want it to be atmospheric in a different way.
Oh and don't think typical undead. Hopefully this tornado weather/power outages die down so I can work on it some more.

MiSaNtHrOpE

This is definitely something to look forward to.

Tabata

Sounds like an interesting story â€" will try the demo for sure!

Good luck with your project   

m0ds

Looking very nice, I'll keep an eye on it! And I love trying to say "nezhyt" phonetically.

EchosofNezhyt

@mods
Thanks!

What about it? It was a terrible movie.
Probable one of the worst I ever saw.

Though I think they actually filmed in pripyat so it was at least nice to see the setting.

selmiak

this looks pretty good and interesting :D

Somehow I've thought about the chernoby diaries too when I saw the gamescreens and the story description, but never dared to watch the film, as it already sounded bad. So I have no doubts that this game will be worlds better than CD.

EchosofNezhyt

I coulda made a better movie with no experience haha.
The plot had no more depth then were stuck in pripyat with a broken car and theres mutants.
The one cool thing was the setting which I have a love for... There was a nice scene of a fountain with a tree growing in the middle of it in a building.

Anywho back on topic... I wish I could write more about the story but I think its more interesting to discover everything yourself and It all ties together.
Right now I'm working on a new think/say and a interesting ui.

Hmm...

Richi Muchacho

Awesome work, Frito!

This is the kind of art I'd like to see in my games. It somehow reminds me of "Dreamweb" (one of my favourite classics), maybe because of the dark urban setting and colours palette.

Hope you include a version of Kraftwerk's "Radioactivity" in the Sound Track. It will make a great credits sequence, either in the intro or the outro :P

If you want somebody to translate the game text from Enligsh to Spanish, just PM me.

Looks very very nice.

Good luck, and hope we can have a demo soon!

EchosofNezhyt

Thanks Richi.

I'm glad you like the look, I always feel like I don't have a style.

Progress Update:

Well I've been sick most the week, but If you look at the main post there is a new screen of a wip background of the Pripyat "Death Bridge".
I've also been spending alot of time with story stuff and reading up on story design in games.
I got a ton of help from RyanTimothy for making a new .think and .say function.
(Ignore the dialog :P)

I also worked a bit on the ui.

AnasAbdin

Great game Frito Master, I wish you the best of luck.

Surdy

Hey Frito, your graphic style looks very promising & atmospheric. I love your story too: very stalkerian for me ;)

If you want a french translation  when the game will be finisihed, I'm ready to go ! You can contact me whenever you want.

EchosofNezhyt

Thanks.

Alright, I'll write your usernames down.

It will be quite awhile though before I contact anyone for that though.

LTGiants2000

Yo Frito! What's new in this one buddy???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk