Issue Tracker

Started by Crimson Wizard, Tue 03/07/2012 15:21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

When I try to post an issue, I am getting this all the time:
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Alan v.Drake

The issue tracker having an issue, oh the irony. :=

- Alan

tzachs

And when I try to click on an issue, I get:

You are not allowed to view issues of this project.

Shouldn't it be open for all?

monkey0506

CW, when you're posting the issue are you leaving the status of the issue blank? I'm replying and editing existing issues, not posting new ones, but I get that same error if the status isn't set to a specific value.

Also, there's no one currently listed in the "Assigned to" column, there's no categories in the "Category" column, and there's no way to set the "Version" or "Fixed in" properties at all.

As Drake mentioned, the issue tracker..has some issues. :)

AGA

The issues are caused by the fact that I imported the data from the old AGS bug tracker, which didn't have a lot of the required info (like "assigned to").

monkey_05_06, you should have access to the admin link, which lets you add versions and categories.  I didn't add any yet, since I didn't know what would be relevant.

I just tested adding an issue, and it works for me.  If it doesn't for anyone, could you please give me exact details of what you're trying to submit.

Crimson Wizard

Weird, now that works... no idea why. :)

EDIT: @monkey_05_06, I don't have any "Status" field there.

monkey0506

Where is this mythical "admin link" of legend? I literally cannot find it anywhere.

@CW: If I'm replying to or editing a posting, below the post box there's a drop down for the status. Is that not there for a new issue?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Tue 03/07/2012 19:23:48
@CW: If I'm replying to or editing a posting, below the post box there's a drop down for the status. Is that not there for a new issue?
When replying I see "Version", which does not let me select anything, "Type" (feature/bug) and Category (an empty list).

AGA

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 03/07/2012 19:48:47
When replying I see "Version", which does not let me select anything, "Type" (feature/bug) and Category (an empty list).

Only admin people can edit the status of issues they themself didn't post.  However, given your active part in AGS development, I'll set you as admin.

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Tue 03/07/2012 19:23:48
Where is this mythical "admin link" of legend? I literally cannot find it anywhere.

Turns out I hadn't given you people full admin, just higher rights than most.  Should appear now?

Crimson Wizard

Strange thing is, I can now "assign" an issue, but there's no one is "Assign to" list.

EDIT: Also, if I make a new version group or a version they will eventually disappear from the list... unless someone plays joke on me and deletes them :)
EDIT2: I also can't see anything on "Project" page (in Admin). Is this normal? <---- nevermind

----------
EDIT3: Okay, I added developers to project, so issues can be assigned now.
Regarding versions - I think monkey_05_06 is doing some updates there, hence the disappearance of my test entries.

Crimson Wizard

I actually wonder, is it possible to allow choose issue's category when the issue is being created? Or it is supposed that developers should categorize and prioritize every created issue as a separate step?

EDIT: ouch, my bad again. Category and version selection appears only when there are categories and versions in this project.

AGA

Sorry, unfortunately there isn't any documentation for this Project Tools project, which means we have to stumble across finding out how it works.

Crimson Wizard

Every time after I add a new Category to the Project at
AGS Forums » Projects » <Project name> » Admin » Categories
I am being relocated to
AGS Forums » Administration Centre » Projects » Modify Projects

Not a big deal, but annoying a bit, also I don't see why should this happen.

BigMc

Quote from: AGA on Tue 03/07/2012 18:51:51
monkey_05_06, you should have access to the admin link, which lets you add versions and categories.  I didn't add any yet, since I didn't know what would be relevant.

To make the tracker useful for bugs, we need for the Version field versions of released AGS versions and names of branches. So, at least 3.2.1, main, refactory, 64bit.

Crimson Wizard

Ok, I'll do that for "Engine" project.
But actually you can post bugs there even if you can't set version, because it can be set later (by modifying ticket).

BigMc

Do you like bugs where the version is not specified? That has to be possible for users in a bug tracking system.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: BigMc on Thu 05/07/2012 17:52:50
Do you like bugs where the version is not specified?
No :)
Well, there are versions for Engine now.

BigMc

Thanks. Could you name the bug category "github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags" or so instead of "Adventure Game Studio Multiplatform"? Also the 64 bit branch is named "64bit".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk