Old AGS projects you'd like to see resurrected?

Started by Cyrus, Wed 04/07/2012 11:56:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

The latest year saw the resurrection of several game projects from the early 2000's, which were considered dead until now. This includes Kinky Island, Run Hot, Day of the Testicle (the ressurection came in a form of a sequel), Zak McKracken and the Lonely Sea Monster, and Crazy Mansion. Any other projects you'd like to see revived?

Radiant

Ghost

The Forgotten Element, Legend Of The Lost Lagoon, and that oddball Ren and Stimpy project. All of them had good (or better, great!) production value, and especially TFE had so many cool features I can't visit the thread without crying.

Lemmy, Binky, you hear me? I am crying!

Crimson Wizard

The Vestibule :)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35231.0

I remember playing that demo. It was made for DOS! Bizarre and intriguing setting and characters. Loved it.

CaptainD

I'd like to see a remastered Rob Blanc game with improved versions of all three games put into one long game with better graphics, more puzzles and dialogues, a full voice pack and high quality music.  Of course that isn't going to happen, but still... it would be nice!

Also, not quite what you meant I know, I'd like Dave Gilbert to make another RON game - preferably a follow up to Purity of the Surf, my all-time favourite RON game.  :-D  (Again, I know it isn't going to happen...)

Babar

TerranRich's By the Sword
Darth's Star Wars game
The completion of JAPNCA
The Sphinx game that was supposed to be done as a sort of community thing
Kinoko's (probably never to be finished) Gift of Aldora RPG
Bush Monkey's Valis RPG
Anarcho's Square John Boy
Hero Theorem by Bernie
Buccaneer 2 by Hobbes
That...errrr....game about the girl in the yellow raincoat on the blue-tinged island by....Dan? Does someone remember the name?

oh, and THE DEMO GAME!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ponch

Phil Reed's Larry Vales III
Ben's Airwave II
Ron Gilbert's Purity Of The Surf II (I didn't even know this was an option! Thanks, CaptainD)
Kinoko's Gift of Aldora
Snake's Paper War and THE LEGEND OF LEITOR'S EDGE
OneDollar's The Search For Oceanspirit Dennis (Seriously! It looked like a very cool game!)
Grundy's untitled OSD game

Historical League of Bouncy Boxing II (Foxy Boxing Edition! :cool: )

CaptainD

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 04/07/2012 14:43:41
Purity Of The Surf II (I didn't even know this was an option! Thanks, CaptainD)

Well, it's only an option in my head really...  8-0

m0ds

A topic doesn't get more Cyrus than this... But I agree with all the games mentioned above. A couple that spring to mind for me include Grundislav's and Layabouts "Opera" game, up until two weeks ago I would also have included "The Big Sheep" because that had been on the cards for a few years. I could also add a whole bunch of the games that were featured at AdventureX in 2011 because they seemed to have gone on the back burner, Orbital, Automaticity, Roadwerks and many more currently lost in time... ;)

M Borg and J Dekker were working on a game called The Visitor but I hear it got abandoned, it was looking awesome. I can't find the images for it but they, and many other "where the heck are they" projects are in threads like this. That said I can totally understand development taking years on particular games, even decades when you take into account lifestyles and work commitments.

Finally I'd add "Any game by Gravity" because he's been telling me he'll get round to it since 2000 :P About the same time as Rich's "By The Sword" was announced... But I think I saw Grav's name on some other projects in the works at the moment which is good. At least if some of the projects have been abandoned its good to know the talented from yesteryear still have a keen interest and help out.

Dualnames

When I was 10, there was a game called Legend of Leitor's Edge.
I'm 24, where the F@#% IS THAT GAME DANG IT?!?!?@!?!@?!@?!1111SHIFTELEVEN1111
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Kweepa

Jimmy Jam (Nixxon)
The Bar (Opo Terser)
Henri: Don't Drink and Drive (InCreator)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

CaptainD

Captain Disaster!!

No seriously... now in production with the help of a talented programmer / artist, way back in the time of the EZ Boards I tried to make something myself and failed utterly miserable.  (I'd also quite like to actually make my "Life of Death" RON game but that's no likely to happen anytime soon.)

Did I mention Purity of the Surf 2?!  :P

Ponch

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 04/07/2012 18:54:57
Did I mention Purity of the Surf 2?!  :P

Did you say Purity of the Surf 2? Man, I'm hearing a lot about Purity of the Surf 2 lately. Goodness, there sure is a lot of buzz around Purity of the Surf 2! I hope Dave Gilbert can tear himself away from his media empire long enough to see how the lowly masses are clamoring for Purity of the Surf 2!  8-)

Babar

Ponch

I get them confused all the time. But I apologize for nothing! Heck, I've confused Ben Chandler with Ben Ward on more than one occasion.  :=

Babar

I agree. There are far too many game related Daves and Gilberts. Someone should design a system

Ponch

We should number all the Daves, just like we do with the Bens and the Vinces.

But the important thing is that we're talking about Purity of the Surf 2.  :smiley:

Babar

Ponch

Quote from: Babar on Wed 04/07/2012 20:14:47
That is a surity. Of....purf...ection.

Ooh! A puzzle to solve! Let me get a pencil and a sheet of paper!  :cheesy:

Kweepa

Did someone mention Purity of the Surf II? Man, that game is going to be GREAT!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk