The Samaritan Paradox - available now!

Started by Andail, Tue 10/07/2012 23:10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Is there a change in this version?

Namely:
Spoiler
there used to be 4 slots in the pedestal. I don't seem to be able to get past that part of the game this time. Do you use the horse differently in this version?
[close]

Spoiler

The description has been removed (now Ord cannot see anything special with it until Signe has mentioned it), because it would be an obvious place to put the horse, and people were frustrated they could not do it at once. However, the puzzle and its solution are still identical.
[close]
Thanks for the report though!

EDIT: Responding to below (I'd hate to bump my own thread for a oneliner):
I will change the pins ASAP!

Shadow1000

Oh, thanks.

Don't forget, I mentioned that the push pins should be a different colour. They are very hard to see on the map...

I played the demo again.

My comment on the sound: most of the sound is music which may or may not be an improvement altogether. The sound indicating that an object was acquired is good and helpful but for the sound to enhance the game, there should be effects corresponding to actions.

Examples:

Spoiler
Snoring, saw, perhaps walking, door opening, etc. The first 2 are particularly important as using text to replace effects just doesn't do it :)
[close]

SHADOW

edit by Darth - double post combined.  Please use the modify button to avoid doubleposting.

Andail

Ok, just wanted to update to say that I'm moving through the first part of the book-world, and am making steady progress.
Here's a screenie:
[imgzoom]http://esseb.com/andail/graphics/incave2.png[/imgzoom]

As you can see, this parallel fairy-tale world differs slightly aesthetically...

david

JSH

Quote from: Andail on Tue 31/07/2012 22:26:45
Ok, just wanted to update to say that I'm moving through the first part of the book-world, and am making steady progress.
Here's a screenie:

As you can see, this parallel fairy-tale world differs slightly aesthetically...

Looks great! Love the lighting in that scene. "book-world", eh? I'm intrigued! :)

Saren

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 11/07/2012 11:23:34
Quote from: nads on Wed 11/07/2012 09:55:12A little hint would be nice :D

Spoiler
Maybe there's some way to cover up the sound. What else is sometimes compared to "sawing logs"?
[close]

Bleh, I'm still stuck. Another hint?

Eric

Played a bit, and the only problem I've run into thus far is not being able to play because of my being overwhelmed by extreme jealousy. I'd pre-order this one in a heartbeat!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Pretty slick presentation and the animations are really nice, too.  The only problem I've encountered is exiting some rooms from the bottom (like the study) and having the gui pop-up instead.  I think a really easy way to overcome this would be to have a visual cue, like a semi-transparent arrow, appear near the bottom of the screen that you can click on to walk and transition to another room.  Aside from that I think you've got a nice game going here.

Oh, and her dad looks like Tolstoy Eddings with a beard!  Beard-Ed, get it?

m0ds

Given it a try and I'm intrigued by the mystery. I also want to know someone called Ord, which is a nice but ridiculous sounding name ;) Good to see you working on such a project after your hiatus!

Andail

Thanks guys!

Que Tran:
Spoiler
Make the gallery visitor even more bored by reading something for him..."
[close]

Progz:
Thanks, yeah the exits have been mostly re-made, but a transparent arrow is rather nifty, I might give it a shot. The father portrait is based on a friend of mine, with a beard added :)

Mods:
"Ord" is a faux-Swedish name, and actually means "word". I want the feeling of the game to be as if a foreigner tried to make up Swedish-sounding words and names. I think if I make it a talkie, I might even pull a "girl with the dragon tattoo"-stunt and have the actors do fake-Swedish accents...

Andail

Ok, a little update. I have now done around a third of all locations. Progress is a bit slow, due to my having a day job...
Anyways, there is now a little preview movie on youtube for those interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXT5gAu4Eoo

And an IndieGoGo-site if you want to pre-order the game, or just help fund the coming voice-over job.
http://www.indiegogo.com/samaritanparadox

I'll still leave around the Demo, although it doesn't reflect the newest improvements. 

SeamanNaranja

Just watched the preview video and I have to say that this looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Are you sure that this isn't Jane Jensens Mystery Game X?  :-D
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

theo

OG

Really liking the look and story of this game thus far, very polished.

Best of luck, hope it works out successfully for you.

ThreeOhFour

Funded last night, and wrote about today. Hopefully you get a bit more funding before the campaign ends! :)

Andail

Thanks a lot, Ben, I'm super-grateful for your support :)

Here's a little screenie to make this post more than a one-liner of gratitude:

JSH

The game still looks great Andail, I finally pledged now :) Best of luck with the crowdfunding, I'll try to spread the word also.

m0ds

BUMP! Cos there's only 66 hours left... Give Andail money, not an egg!  ;)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk