The Samaritan Paradox - available now!

Started by Andail, Tue 10/07/2012 23:10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Takyon

Like a Broken Sword type game or something, looks great. Love the storyline too.
ghost.

Andail

Thanks, J.H.

Ok, I just wanted to inform everyone that I've set up a little blog, to keep track of the progress of this game, but also to discuss the various aspects of indie game development, like graphics and story telling and stuff like that. I hope you will find it useful!

http://faravidinteractive.wordpress.com/

Oh yes, this also means that I've settled for the company name Faravid Interactive, I hope it will work out alright.

OG

I was honestly sad to see that this weren't fully funded. The whole thing looks pretty professional and definitely commercially viable. The problem is your trailer could be better. If you really want to grip someone with the game you need to think about showing a screen for only a few seconds, maybe perhaps a puzzle being half solved a quarter the way through the trailer and some voice acting. Voice acting would be a bonus, however, if you just spoke over the game or introduced yourself that would have got you more browny points. I guess everyone is scared of you cause your a bad-ass veteran, so they would not tell you, but yeah. It's the truth. When the game comes out I'll prob buy  it.

Goldmund

Je voudrais un demo, mais il donne moi l'erreur 404. :-(

Andail

No demo at the moment, will upload a new one shortly. I want the demo to reflect the latest version of the intro, and all the guis and stuff. To be updated...

Takyon

Congratulations Andail, your game has been mentioned on PC Gamer's best games of 2013

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/01/2013-preview/3/
ghost.

JSH

Congrats Andail, must be some nice publicity for your game! :)

miguel

Congrats Andail. Good to see the genre alive with so many projects due to 2013!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Andail

Ok, I felt it was time for a little update, just to keep this thread alive. I've been working a lot lately, and I think the game is coming along nicely. I'm pretty confident I'll make the 2013 deadline.

I simply nicked this update from my blog entry I wrote today!

Ok, so I've begun painting some real Gothenburg locations. There aren't many exterior scenes planned for the game, but I felt that having some “famous” places featured was kind of necessary (and probably expected), if only for cutscenes.

I've postponed painting these, since it's rather tedious work â€" city scenes aren't my favourite type of backgrounds to render, with all the repetitious details and textures, and getting the right balance between photo-realistic and cartoony is actually very difficult. While there's a lot of tracing going on, you can't be too exact or the picture won't look handpainted, but if you simplify too much it will look flat and cell-shaded. Which isn't what I'm looking for.

I want all the Gothenburg scenes to convey the cold, damp autumn feeling you'd probably hate this city for, weren't it for some other redeeming qualities (which I can't exactly pinpoint now). So there's this constant overcast, and the patches of snow will appear to risk being washed away by rain any minute, I think this will make the contrast between the real world and the book world much more palpable.

ThreeOhFour

Looking good! Glad to hear you're confident about that deadline, it'll be great to see this one released.

Mati256

Looks awesome Andail. I can't wait to play the full game.
You should consider creating a twitter account for quick and small updates.
My Blog! (En Español)

arj0n

Lovely artwork you've got there Andail.

Just hit the paypal button on your blog to support this awesome project.

Monsieur OUXX

What I personally love here is the color palette : very 64-colors-esque. Half tones. Sort-of amiga. Reminds me of "cruise for a corpse" in some ways.

m0ds

They certainly are nice scenes :) Can't get jizzy's club in san andreas out of my mind after seeing that first one under the bridge, haha! Probably should brush up on my swedish locations. Unless you have a jizzy's club in Gothenburg?? :D Nice stuff Andail.

frenzykitty

Just wanted to say that this looks incredible! Def my most anticipated AGS game of (hopefully still) 2013!!!

kaput

Really looking forward to this, Andail. If ever you happen to need another tester let me know as I have some free time coming up ;)

Andail

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. Right now I'm in the extremely tedious phase of fixing bugs and adjusting stuff, so I can really use the encouragement!

Someone requested a tutorial on sprite animation, so I wrote a blog post about it. Check it out if you're interested!
http://faravidinteractive.wordpress.com/

festilligambe

I feel bad every time I break your game and find a new bug, but I can assure everyone that it looks amazing and parts are incredibly difficult but rewarding when you figure them out and very enjoyable, well worth purchasing and playing when it's done.
New to programing, old school to adventure games

kaput

WOO, come on Andail! Yoooou can dooo it :=.

Stupot

Nice one Andail. Can't wait to play the finished game :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk