The Samaritan Paradox - available now!

Started by Andail, Tue 10/07/2012 23:10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Quote from: GrimMy favorite thing about this game so far is the excellent puzzle design and music. Really well made.
Music in just this one demo room makes me wanna buy the Soundtrack :) Great stuff. I hope the rest is in similar style.

Stupot

Wicked trailer.  I can't wait to see this game kick ass.

Fitz

Looks brilliant -- and sounds brilliant, too. The music, the voice acting is top-notch, and you really found a great guy for the role of Ord. Kudos! :)

arj0n

Quote from: Fitz on Thu 06/02/2014 05:15:34
Looks brilliant -- and sounds brilliant, too.
+1

And thanx so much for the portrait Andail! I finally got a realistic avatar ;-)

cat

Ah, I was already wondering where the avatar was from :)
Great trailer (although the editing with the cheap video effects and stock footage was too cheesy for me), I'm looking forward to playing this game!

Vince Twelve

That is a great trailer guys!  Well done!  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

m0ds

Thanks! A quick update - translations are continuing so that the game can be released in EFIGS from the beginning. Even some of the images in game will turn into their translated versions! Oh joy, of AGS code ;) But this is a cool thing, thanks to the translators for their help so far and Petter keeping up with it all. Lannie has also worked to expand the music.

The game will be available initially from Screen 7, Desura, GOG and Steam. Fingers crossed - before the end of March. Pre-orders will of course be sent out and you'll get drm-free copy, Steam & Desura key for that. Not quite got round to sorting that out yet though or sent an update myself as it's been handled by Petter up to this point, but you can expect an email in the next week or so to confirm your pre-order...order.

And of course in case you haven't seen it yet - the cover art!

Nikolas

arj0n

m0ds

Thanks chaps! Not long to go now. The website got an update this morning, meaning, it exists now: http://www.samaritanparadox.co.uk/ :=

Gribbler

Will it be available on GOG day one? I buy my games there.

arj0n

Quote from: Gribbler on Mon 10/03/2014 09:36:03
Will it be available on GOG day one? I buy my games there.
Check the buy now page:

"COMING SOON TO Steam - GOG - Desura"

:)

Stupot

Cool site.  So excited for this game :-)

Mati256

Nice site, works amazing in a tablet, you can flip the pages with your fingers.
My Blog! (En Español)

m0ds

Great! It has been known to spaz out on occasion though, just refresh if that happens :D It's a bought design, all I did was add the text.. ;) I had to cram that in, sorry, it's not a very "roomy" site for text. But I'm glad the tablet elements work well. It doesn't work so well on my smartphone... :P

So here's the game's situation, it's completed, Lannie even wrote some extra music for it. Two of the four additional languages are completed. We're also making sure the important images in the game come with translated versions too when a particular language is selected. There will be a final proof-reading stage hopefully starting next week. There's also the extras that will come with Steam, like a few achievements and such, so despite the game being completely finished, there are a bunch of publishing tasks both for me and for Petter still that are being attended too right now - so end of March is an optimistic - but not impossible - release time.

Yes, it's been approved by GOG (they asked for the extra music) but they'll probably want to give it another go before having it up on the site. But every intention of it being available from all the distributors at the same time. That's new for me though so it might not quite work like that. But Screen 7 and GOG will certainly have it DRM-free from the beginning. Thanks for your interest and support! More news soon :)

Andail

Ok hopefully this will be my last post in this thread, before it's time for a completed games thread...

Right now testing the various translations - as Mark said he's going for full EFIGS localization on release day, a bit ambitious perhaps but hopefully worth the extra work! It's great to see your own creation fully translated - educational even :)

And great job Mark on getting it on Steam, GoG and Desura! This is why I need a producer - I hardly know what those sites are all about, much less how to get your game approved there!

So, sorry for the delay everyone, but we're soon there :)

David Ostman

Congratulations on getting so close to release! I'm looking forward to the final release with great anticipation :)

Will us who sent 15 EUR before via PayPal as a pre-order be getting Steam keys as well?

arj0n

Good news Andail, can't wait to play this game.

m0ds

Yes, you'll get deal 1: Cryptologist if you pre-ordered thru Andail.

Edit. Release date is 18th April (Good Friday). In what could be described as adventure fortnight, with Moebius, The Samaritan Paradox and The Blackwell Epiphany all within days of each other :)

Pre-orderers will be sent the game a 1-2 days before the public release.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk