Sweet deals.

Started by Mati256, Sun 15/07/2012 01:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mati256

Hello, there are some sweet deals at Steam.
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis or Last Cusade for $3 each or a Pack with this two plus The Dig and Loom for 6.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/8219

Also Gemini Rue at GOG for the amazing prize of $5
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/gemini_rue
My Blog! (En Español)

Babar

Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality
Seemed the best place for this, since these games are not free, but at just $5 it is an incredibly good deal in my opinion, even for just the following games:

A Mortician's Tale
Bleed
Bleed 2
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
Dominique Pamplemousse and Dominique Pamplemousse in "Combinatorial Explosion!"
Dominique Pamplemousse in "It's All Over Once The Fat Lady Sings!"
Dreaming Sarah
Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
Fortune-499
Minit
Night in the Woods
Oxenfree
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Super Hexagon
Tonight We Riot

Includes some AGS games too! A lot of shovelware (with over 700 games that would have been unavoidable), but well worth the minimum price. Plus it supports a good cause (although I don't know itch.io's ability to handle funds and donate without skimming, so no comment on that), so feel free to pay more.

Also a lot of dev resources (asset packs, texture packs, sprites).
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Click'd

As a sidenote, "Dr Langeskov..." is completely free on Steam, there aren't even donation packs such games often have if you feel generous. On itch it's "name your own price". Weird.

Babar

The minimum price you can name is zero, so it makes sense.
Also, the number of games have almost doubled, including our very own Ali's Nelly Cootalot!
(Also Celeste, and probably some more quality games that I haven't been able to sort through yet)

Click'd

There's more? Alright, going through the list again.

Wow, it's 48 pages instead of the original 25.

Babar

And now it is 51!
I've made a couple of collections to make it easier to go through the stuff available:
Significant games according to my personal taste- The meat of the bundle, with a lot of highlights that I've noted above, but everything in this list is something I would eventually want to play
All the game-dev assets available- Some for Godot, some for Construct, some for GameMaker, some for Unity, and some graphical assets, most of which appear to be high quality, but there are a few meh ones too
Books- Novels, Light Novels, Short Stories, Comics, Colouring Books. A couple of highlights for me are "HG101 Presents: The Guide to Classic Graphic Adventures", and a Worldbuilding book (meant for ttrpgs, but still)
Music- Mostly game soundtracks, with a couple of highlights from Danny Baranowsky
Mobile Games- Mostly Android, I'm always curious to try DRM-free games that aren't chock-ful of ads and IAPs. Good stuff I know about includes Super Hexagon, Lyne and Tallowmere

They're listed in the reverse order that I added them, so it's actually the more obscure stuff on top. I probably missed some soundtracks that were listed as games and had soundtracks as extras, and I didn't mention a lot of in-browser and HTML5 games that weren't explicitly listed as Mobile, but could probably be played on the mobile.
Also, there are a LOT of physical/table-top games that I was collating, but the variation in quality and the massive quantity sort of numbed me down, and I stopped at 200: Physical Games

Babar

Just a little over a day left for the bundle, so if you want loads of games (even more were added since my last post- Anarcute in games, some more tilesets and GameMaker Studio assets being noteworthy- but I've added them into their respective collections in the links there) as well as supporting racial equality, you should get it now. It had a $5 million goal which it hit already, and it is at $6 now.

PS: I'm using this site to more easily parse the games and other stuff

milkanannan

Quote from: Mati256 on Sun 15/07/2012 01:14:12
Hello, there are some sweet deals at Steam.
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis or Last Cusade for $3 each or a Pack with this two plus The Dig and Loom for 6.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/8219

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Do you know if the playability is the same? I ask because I bought Sam n Max and found that the Steam version changes the point-n-click function, i.e. you have to double click the interaction icons to make them work; there were other little irritants, too. Thanks again!

Ben X

That deal is from 8 years ago! You can still get 25% off if you buy the four game bundle, though: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9230/Indiana_Jones_Collection/

Babar

And as a final update, seemingly after the bundle has finished, a few more additions. Most notable (for me) is the book "Simply the Best", a book of interviews with game developers, including AGD Interactive, Sierra people, Eric Chahi, Jeff Vogel, etc.

I'm surprised at how little interest this bundle garnered here, considering it's contents and cause :D. Maybe it was my mistake posting it in a pre-existing thread.

VampireWombat

I honestly can't remember if I bought the bundle from seeing it here, on the Discord channel, or one of the Facebook things.

But I do thank you for providing the links to be able to sort through it.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Babar on Wed 17/06/2020 14:52:01
I'm surprised at how little interest this bundle garnered here, considering it's contents and cause :D.

Because AGS is my goto website as soon as I sit down at my PC, I actually saw your post and bought the bundle before I read about it anywhere else. Boom! (nod)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

FireFlower

Wide Ocean Big Jacket is 60% off on FireFlower Games.
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk