Available AGS tutorials?

Started by PanzerHans, Thu 26/10/2023 21:07:15

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerHans

Hello all,

as a newbie in learning AGS i try to go through all the available web tutorials that exist. I finished the official ags tutorial and the ags book (Foxy Monk quest). I think that a lot of users on this forum have (or had  :wink: ) a similar experience with trying to absorb knowledge about AGS and that's why I'm asking if anyone knows of other good tutorials that they would recommend? I'm talking about text-based ones, not youtubers, those are relatively easy to find. I would also like to know how the rest of you learn to control AGS? Thank you very much.

RootBound

There's a tutorial in the manual here:

https://adventuregamestudio.github.io/ags-manual/acintro1.html#getting-started-with-ags

It takes you through the basics of using the editor and creating game functionality. Hope it's useful.  :)
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Khris

When I started out I simply browsed the technical forums looking for interesting threads. I don't know of any text-based tutorials out there.

Cassiebsg

Yeah, if you already gone thru the YT and the book, just start making your own game. There's only so much you can absorve thru tutorials. The rest comes with experience and practical challenges, like "I want to do this in my game, how to I do it?".  And if you can't figure it out, search the forums, check the manual and/or just ask.

This forum and it's users are the best you can get, right after the tutorial and manual reading. Keep in mind that you don't need to know every single line of code and how to use it before starting your project. Or memorize the manual. Most of the time just knowing the command exists, is enough... because checking the manual is free and painless. ;)

And I started by watching the YT turorials, played a bit with a few start new project, and then a some months in I threw my self head first to a MAGS game. Because, sometimes, having a deadline for delivering/finishing a project is better than having endless time. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk