Jibble

Author Topic: Can't change habits  (Read 330 times)

Can't change habits
« on: 14 Jul 2021, 04:33 »
Hi,

I've been thinking about this for a while and maybe someone have the answer.

Sometimes when I work on something, drawing or modeling, I sometimes accidentally click the right mouse button while holding the left mouse button down.

I can't undo a change that I might have done when that happens. Stuff that i drew before is restored but not what i did while accidentally clicking the right mouse button. 

Does anyone know why it's like that?  ??? ??? ???

Thanks in advance!!!

Danvzare

• The Man with No Name
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Danvzare worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Can't change habits
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2021, 15:12 »
You could try changing what software you use, so that weird function where pressing the right mouse button that prevents you from undoing stuff isn't there. Or get a mouse with only one button. I've never actually used a Mac, but I'm fairly sure that they don't have a right mouse button, so that might be a good idea. I suppose a mouse with really hard to press buttons could work too.

As for breaking the habit. Well, it's a really weird habit. You could try gripping your mouse differently, so that your middle finger is gripping the right side of the mouse, meaning only your index finger is resting on the top of the mouse. It's a little uncomfortable, but still quite usable. Or maybe you could stick a tack onto the right mouse button, so if you press it, you'll stab your finger.

Re: Can't change habits
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2021, 21:50 »
Hehe I asked the exact same question here a whie ago :D Still have no idea why that happens
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer