Jibble

Author Topic: Global Pandemic Lockdown  (Read 4819 times)

MiteWiseacreLives!

• Hold onto your Fossils!
Re: Global Pandemic Lockdown
« Reply #180 on: 02 Apr 2020, 17:55 »
If it was up to me, I would classify those offenses as terrorism, since that's what they're doing, causing you "terror".
I’m told some have been charged quite severely for this, think it was in US not here in Canada..
I’m still working a bunch in a grocery store but on one of my quiet days off I did some tinkering. Did you know the original Genesis/Mega Drive has great stereo sound and rgb picture locked away (sort of mildly so)? I already modded my old TV with a scart input previously but on Monday I rewired my genesis so that it outputs stereo through the 8? pin port on the back and rewiring my scart cable. A little switch will send either the original ugly composite signal to #2 or the right stereo channel which my cable sends to the tv. Yay! Played a game for 20 minutes after a couple hours of messing around, I feel accomplishment  (nod)

Khris

• partook in silencing a crtitc despite facts
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with translating
    • Khris worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #181 on: 03 Apr 2020, 12:09 »
Junkies in the 80's would do exactly that, threatening you with bloody syringes and saying they had AIDS. I'm not exactly thrilled to see the same thing happening again.
Afaik that's just an urban legend :)
Fail at Floaty Rog' now!  still having to deal with what games are going through

Matti

« Reply #182 on: 03 Apr 2020, 12:27 »
Junkies in the 80's would do exactly that, threatening you with bloody syringes and saying they had AIDS. I'm not exactly thrilled to see the same thing happening again.

Yep.

« Reply #183 on: 03 Apr 2020, 12:44 »

Yep.

Errr that article has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I don't know about any urban legend concerning "madmen jamming needles into random people at public places", I'm talking about simple muggings in which a junkie would walk up to you and threaten you with a needle instead of a knife, which were extremely common in my city and I know it's not an "urban legend" because it literally happened to me and my mom. So yeah.

Edit: even the article points out that robberies like these did take place: "Robberies have been carried out by syringe-wielding robbers who claim to be armed with the AIDS virus and willing to stick anyone who gets in their way with the infected needle. It has to be stressed that though various robbers and muggers have claimed to have been so armed, thus far this has never proved out to be anything more than an empty threat. All syringes so employed have tested out as perfectly clean. Even so, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that claiming to be armed with an AIDS-tainted needle would generate a lot of cooperation from the people you’re trying to rob."
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2020, 12:47 by Laura Hunt »

Khris

• partook in silencing a crtitc despite facts
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with translating
    • Khris worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #184 on: 03 Apr 2020, 14:57 »
Oh, sorry, that's horrible! Maybe I should've read further :-[
Fail at Floaty Rog' now!  still having to deal with what games are going through

« Reply #185 on: 03 Apr 2020, 15:11 »
Oh, sorry, that's horrible! Maybe I should've read further :-[

:P ;)

Matti

« Reply #186 on: Yesterday at 12:58 »
Oh, I'm sorry too.