Free Steam keys!

Started by EchosofNezhyt, Tue 17/07/2012 07:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Babar on Fri 20/03/2020 18:22:38
A bunch of games free on itch.io: https://itch.io/games/on-sale

Any fellow AGSers? "Where the Water Tastes like Wine" and "Milkmaid of the Milky way" have been on the periphery of my radar before.

Oh, I totally missed this, sorry for the late reply. I've played a bit of Where The Water Tastes Like Wine because it totally looked like my type of game (narrative driven! Storytelling! American folk tales!), but I found it to be a huge disappointment. Apart from feeling extremely pretentious (and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves artsy fartsy stuff like Kentucky Route Zero or David Lynch or avant-garde music), the gameplay is just awful. Maybe the devs felt like they had to introduce more game-y stuff in order for it to not be a visual novel, but they did not quite manage to pull it off and the gameplay aspects actually get in the way of the storytelling and the flow. Big "eh, thanks but no" from me.

LimpingFish

Two keys up for grabs:

EXAPUNKS

and

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

First to reply here gets the game of their choice!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

ManicMatt

i don't know what they are yet but I'll bagsy thanks!

I just had a look, they don't interest me lol.

So whoever replies next can grab one still!

VampireWombat

Well, okay. Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark looks interesting.

Khris

Not exactly a key, but Elder Scrolls Online is Free to play till April 6th (on Steam).

morganw

Free game with "Non-obvious sci-fi plot": https://www.gog.com/game/symmetry

Khris

Assassin's Creed 2 is free on Uplay till April 17.

Danvzare

Uncharted Collection and Journey are free on PSN right now.
So if you have a PS4 and don't have those games, now is a good time to get them.  :-D

morganw

Free copy of Manual Samuel if you subscribe to the Humble Bundle newsletter:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/manualsamuel-free-game

Khris

Just Cause 4 is free in the Epic Store.

Blondbraid

Uplay is giving away Assassin's Creed 2, Rayman Legends and Child of Light for free!

Having played all three, you don't want to miss this, especially the latter two are the most beautiful games I've ever played, and both Rayman Legends and Child of Light are two of my all time favorites!

milkanannan

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 04/05/2020 21:22:54
Uplay is giving away Assassin's Creed 2, Rayman Legends and Child of Light for free!

Having played all three, you don't want to miss this, especially the latter two are the most beautiful games I've ever played, and both Rayman Legends and Child of Light are two of my all time favorites!

Thanks! Was looking for something to play with my son. Those last two look perfect. ;)

Blondbraid

Quote from: manannan on Tue 05/05/2020 16:57:44
Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 04/05/2020 21:22:54

Thanks! Was looking for something to play with my son. Those last two look perfect. ;)
Indeed they are!  :-D

Khris

GTA V is free in the Epic store.

Snarky

I've ended up with all the Civ games, but the last one I played properly was Civ2. (And I was never particularly good at it.) If I were to play one now, which would you recommend?

Graphics-wise I'm fine with all of them.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 24/05/2020 09:46:40
I've ended up with all the Civ games, but the last one I played properly was Civ2. (And I was never particularly good at it.) If I were to play one now, which would you recommend?

A history of Civilization is a bit funny, as they were constantly experimenting with rules and feature design, sometimes changing core mechanics in updates, and when you think they finally reached something concise they surprise you by resetting everything in the next game.

Curiously, Civ2 is often regarded as the "best civ game", even though it had numerous bad design decisions (some of which transferred from Civ1). Maybe because it was simple and its flaws could be tolerated for simplicity sake. And it created truly random worlds with bizzare land patterns.

Civ3 was first one made by new developer (Firaxis), they introduced very interesting concepts: trade requiring actual routes rather than caravan units and trade goods having distinct effect on game; also first game featuring state borders, so finally opponents could not randomly wander a settler into your land :).

Civ4 iirc was the last one featuring giant maps and empires, and also last one that had rectangular tiles. It had 2 big updates, and main game combined with both updates finally made a pretty logical system of rules, from what I recall. It was the first game where you could upgrade units with perks as they leveled up, allowing you to create extremely powerful veteran armies (so long as they stay alive).
Oh, and, it was also first fully moddable game, introducing open XML-like scripts, and people were creating all kinds of mods and total conversions with it. You could go into the data files, change few dozen of strings and create a completely new terrain type with it's own bonuses for your game.

Starting with Civ5 there are hex tiles, and maps became smaller afaik. Also combat rules changed again. There appeared to be units that shoot at range of x2 hexes, siege units that can only attack cities, and cities had garrison that may attack sieging units on its own. Culture became more important than ever (culture appeared first in Civ3, and its effect on the game gradually increased since).

I did not play Civ6 but I heard that maps are even smaller, and it is more focused on managing small states rather than doing endless conquest in Civ2 style.

Pogwizd

If anyone fancies an old-school RTS, Total Annihilation is up for grabs for free on GOG.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk