JSH

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 12/08/2015 17:19:11
Wow great news. Too bad I'll miss it :~(
Hope to see youtube footage (roll)

You wanted youtube footage? ;)

[embed=960,540]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI6RKOYZOUY[/embed]

AnasAbdin

Why can't I make awesome trailers like that :~(

Really great work. I can't imagine how cool the game will be.

SilverSpook

This looks really 90's-tastic, and I spent most of my high school years locked in a bedroom listening to Smashing Pumpkins and being generally disgusted with mainstream TV.  It'd be criminal not to play this. 

JSH

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 18/08/2015 16:28:51
Why can't I make awesome trailers like that :~(

Really great work. I can't imagine how cool the game will be.

Thanks man, having a publisher like Raw Fury backing me up had a huge impact on the quality, their trailer guy is just amazing.

Quote from: SilverSpook on Fri 21/08/2015 02:56:23
This looks really 90's-tastic, and I spent most of my high school years locked in a bedroom listening to Smashing Pumpkins and being generally disgusted with mainstream TV.  It'd be criminal not to play this. 

Sounds like this game will be right up your alley then! :)

gingersnap

Woah, neat! Coincidentally, I'm going to be at PAX Prime! I'll look you up ;-D

JSH

Quote from: gingersnap on Sun 23/08/2015 03:14:15
Woah, neat! Coincidentally, I'm going to be at PAX Prime! I'll look you up ;-D

Awesome, was hoping some AGSers would be able to make it! Come find us in the Indie MEGABOOTH, I'm the Swedish looking bearded guy with hipster glasses and a black Kathy Rain t-shirt :D

*edit You can find us here:

selmiak

pffft, I'd hang around the butt sniffing pugs booth all day! ;-D

JSH

So far having a blast at PAX! Tim Schafer playing the game was the highlight of the day! :D

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mathias

Mandle

Quote from: JSH on Sat 29/08/2015 03:43:07
So far having a blast at PAX! Tim Schafer playing the game was the highlight of the day! :D

That is indeed an honour!

Did he have anything to say about the game?!

JSH

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 29/08/2015 15:12:50
hey Joel,
I want a t-shirt like that!!!!

The Kathy Rain t-shirts are in very limited supply and dev only at the moment, and the Lollapalooza '95 ones we gave out at the convention were limited edition for PAX only. However, we will definitely offer t-shirts and possibly other merch post release! :)

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 29/08/2015 23:18:48

Not much, he just played for a few short minutes, but he said that it was a nice game, and wondered what resolution it ran at. I said that it's running in 320x240, and he mentioned that Double Fine had been criticized for NOT going the pixel art route with Broken Age. Who knew we were such purists ;)

I also mentioned how we had a small Full Throttle easter egg in the trailer, and he commented on the fact that FT actually came out in '95, which was a total coincidence, but a bit funny that it matches the exact year. We had a little chat after that but I don't remember the specifics, I was pretty star struck at the time :)

Oh, and for those of you who missed PAX and want to catch a glimpse of some gameplay footage, you can see a super nervous twitch stream with yours truly here!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: JSH on Thu 03/09/2015 09:57:25
Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 29/08/2015 15:12:50
hey Joel,
I want a t-shirt like that!!!!

The Kathy Rain t-shirts are in very limited supply and dev only at the moment, and the Lollapalooza '95 ones we gave out at the convention were limited edition for PAX only. However, we will definitely offer t-shirts and possibly other merch post release! :)

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 29/08/2015 23:18:48

Not much, he just played for a few short minutes, but he said that it was a nice game, and wondered what resolution it ran at. I said that it's running in 320x240, and he mentioned that Double Fine had been criticized for NOT going the pixel art route with Broken Age. Who knew we were such purists ;)

I also mentioned how we had a small Full Throttle easter egg in the trailer, and he commented on the fact that FT actually came out in '95, which was a total coincidence, but a bit funny that it matches the exact year. We had a little chat after that but I don't remember the specifics, I was pretty star struck at the time :)

Oh, and for those of you who missed PAX and want to catch a glimpse of some gameplay footage, you can see a super nervous twitch stream with yours truly here!

Very cool t-shirt!
Very cool experience with Mr. Tim S. !  ;-D

theo

Great meeting you at gamescom. Kathy Rain seems awesome. Wish I could have gone to pax too. :D

Keep up the great work! 8-)

JSH

Quote from: theo on Thu 03/09/2015 20:40:55
Great meeting you at gamescom. Kathy Rain seems awesome. Wish I could have gone to pax too. :D

Keep up the great work! 8-)

Likewise, let's hope to meet up again at AdventureX! :D

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Thu 03/09/2015 15:43:31
Very cool t-shirt!
Very cool experience with Mr. Tim S. !  ;-D

Thanks man :)

JSH

Okay, time for a small update!

We have recently reached a crucial milestone, as the game is finally fully playable from beginning to end! This means that we'll be ramping up the testing to help balance the puzzles and find bugs, all the way up until release next year.

If you are interested in helping out as a beta tester in exchange for a free copy of the game and a spot in the credits, send me your email adress in a private message and we'll take it from there!

Also, we have found a suitable partner to help us out with the planned voice overs. Stay tuned for more information when we start the casting process!

Lastly, I will be attending AdventureX this year, along with my publisher, Raw Fury Games. It's yet to be determined what our presence will look like exactly, but I'll let you guys know as soon as we figure that out!

donkeymilk

I'm wanting to buy this on steam but there's no purchase button to click on.

This is the second game today that is missing the "purchase" button.
Mafia 2 is the other ,though i think that was pulled from the steam sales due to licensing issues.

Cassiebsg

Maybe because it's not for sale yet, since it's not finished?  ???  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk