Need a designer to make walking animations ( Corporate order)

Started by dracony, Tue 24/07/2012 15:21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

dracony

Hello. I'm working for a web design company, and some time ago our CEO decided that we need a kind of an adventure game to gain some more popularity.
Currently we need walking animations done. Our designer made some, but they are not that good (Click to see), and we are looking into hiring a freelancer for the job.

The requirements are:
1) fluid movement, preferably with every frame hand made (without tweens and automation etc)
2) good detail
3) preferably it should be done in flash

If you think you are good for the job, please post your quote on this and some examples of your previous work.
We prefer to pay via paypal, but other options are possible.

EDIT:

I think the best way to do this is like this:

Post how much you would charge for a front-facing animation only. If I think you're ok for the job, I'll hire you to do it.
If my boss likes the front facing animation, we will pay for 7 more, and you'll probably do the rest of the animation.

The only thing I'd like is that i could review a single-frame sketch of the character (can be black and white even) before you start making the whole animation.

Andail

We haven't really said anywhere that this is for AGS-related projects only, so I guess we're gonna let this pass.

Oh, and make sure your next designer/animator has actually seen real boobs...  :-\

LimpingFish

Quote from: Andail on Wed 25/07/2012 16:22:51
We haven't really said anywhere that this is for AGS-related projects only...

This is true, and it's an oversight on my part, as I do think all recruitment calls should be AGS-related.

Anyway, I'm going to leave this open for now, pending an amendment to the board rules.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

dracony

Sorry, didn't know that it all was so engine dependant.
There aren't many more places for me to find suitable people)

LimpingFish

Quote from: dracony on Thu 26/07/2012 16:03:05
Sorry, didn't know that it all was so engine dependant.
There aren't many more places for me to find suitable people)

Oh no, it's not that you're not welcome to post regarding your project, it's just that the recruitment board is largely geared towards AGS-specific projects. :)

I'll move this thread to the General Discussion board, where it's likely to generate more interest.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Baron

Is that an in-game background?  A vector sprite with fine-black outlines doesn't really match the rest of the style....  Anyway, the front walk-cycle really doesn't look that bad to my eye, but the other directions are very mechanical.  Also the posture seems unhealthy.

Quote from: dracony on Tue 24/07/2012 15:21:59

The requirements are:
1) fluid movement, preferably with every frame hand made (without tweens and automation etc)
2) good detail
3) preferably it should be done in flash

I've done work that way, although not to that degree of "realism".  With broader strokes and quite a bit of stylization for effect: Princess Porphyra and Jack from Snakes of Avalon .  My greatest asset for the position, however, is my wife, who is about the same build as your character.  If I were to do this animation I'd probably have her model the different angled walkcycles wearing similar garb and then (mostly) trace over in Flash for realistic movement.

dracony

I think the best way to do this is like this:

Post how much you would charge for a front-facing animation only. If I think you're ok for the job, I'll hire you to do it.
If my boss likes the front facing animation, we will pay for 7 more, and you'll probably do the rest of the animation.

The only thing I'd like is that i could review a single-frame sketch of the character (can be black and white even) before you start making the whole animation.

Baron

Well then!  Welcome to Baron's Industrial Workshop of Animation & Soft Icecream -satisfaction guaranteed, or your pixels back!

Quote from: dracony on Fri 27/07/2012 15:35:39

I won't charge you anything for the first animation because a) maybe it's not what you're looking for and b) it's not like you can just take one animation and run.  I'll do it as an artistic study and a free sample.  If you like it then we will have to negotiate a cost based on the time I will spend, which itself will depend on the number of frames you want (more frames are smoother but will take more time....).  At that time I'd expect to see some real money to prove that you're actually willing to pay.

Suddenly this project just got a whole lot bigger than a walk-cycle....

OK.  So your sample is not what the character is supposed to look like?  This again adds a bit to the process.  Do you want the character to look similar, but with a few tweaks?  Or a radical redesign?  And will we be using the style of background in your sample, or is that just holder-art?  If I'm going to design the character from scratch I will need at least a basic character bio -who is she?  How old?  What does she do?  What's her attitude?  And what about stylistic guidelines for the character art?  Other characters in your sample background have different proportions, shading, and less-cartoony features, to say nothing of their non-vector design.   Feel free to PM me if these details are "sensitive", but I'll need more info before I can proceed.

dracony

QuoteSuddenly this project just got a whole lot bigger than a walk-cycle....
Well it is going to be a full game. The walking animation is just the current task that we need done right now. Of cource we would need more later on.

The look will be mostly the same, we had a lot of sketches done of her, that were approved and reapproved (the reason for this is taht this game will be used as a self-promotion teaser of a sort, and the girl is kind of the company mascot).

I seent you a PM with my skype, so i can show you some sketches, etc =)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk