RON : Note to Self

Started by wendyj, Sat 28/07/2012 10:45:57

Previous topic - Next topic

wendyj

I posted my query yesterday but it seems to have not gone though.  Here it is again:- 
Towards the end of the RON game "Note to Self", I have opened the access panel on the bot (Phil), but it needs something to keep it open.  The walkthrough states that you must "use the pen WITHOUT INK" on the panel to keep it from sliding shut.  I have a pen in inventory but it is full of ink.  It will not work on the opened bot.  Despite much searching and talking to all characters, I cannot find a way to empty the ink out of the pen. Please help - what am I missing, how do I get the ink out so I can prop the panel open and get the chip out of the bot.
Regards and thanks, Wendyj

Ponch

It's been a while since I played this game, but don't you have to write a long letter or something with the pen to use up all the ink? I think you have to talk to somebody first (can't remember who) and then you'll write a letter and use up the ink?

Or am I misremembering that? Anyone here remember the solution to this puzzle? :embarrassed:

wendyj

Hi Ponch, thanks a stack for your reply.  Funny enough, I had thought of using up the ink by writing with the pen.  Seeing that I have no paper, I had tried writing on likely surfaces (wall-panels etc) but no luck.  I have had another search and cannot find paper anywhere. I have tried clicking the pen on all the characters and also tried to talk to each of them, but those 2 tactics do not work to obtain paper.  Can you or anyone else tell me where to find more paper?  (My original paper is on the teleporter ready to "send" and I cannot pick it up again).  Thanks. Wendy

wendyj

Have tried several times - still canot find paper or anything to write on to empty ink from pen.  Talked to everyone, nobody has anything to say.  Tried writing on all surfaces throughout play-area, no luck.  Please help, anyone!
Regards and thanks, Wendy

wendyj

Thanks, HandsFree.  Appreciate your suggestion, I did not know how to contact him. 
However, I have a few minutes ago eventually found the solution: - I was being "blind" - duh!!!
The answer is to  use the red lazer pen, not the ink-pen!!!!  I can't believe I missed that simple answer for so long.
Anyway, I must say I enjoyed this game, it is very well done, as are many of the RON games.
Regards
Wendy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk