Background Blitz - Arts!! - 5 August to 20 August

Started by Daniel Thomas, Sun 05/08/2012 22:13:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Thomas

Topic: Art
Make a scene where at least two different kind of art is hinted. Music, painting, martial, home design(?).. Be creative and make some interesting combinations.
Could be a scene with oil painted objects inside of a drum, or just something like a class room with instruments and painting equipments.

Rules: AGS compatible.

Voting start 20th of August.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

kastala

What a brilliant theme. I am definitely going to take part in this!

Daniel Thomas

Don't be afraid people! Do some art, you won't regret it. :)

Misj'

Quote from: Daniel Thomas on Fri 17/08/2012 23:37:08Do some art, you won't regret it. :)
Well...someone should regret this (and someone better make sure this thing won't win by default ;) )

rough sketch:

click to enlarge

final piece of art (cough cough):

So I decided to make something that was loosely inspired by Picasso, some of the stranger Bugs Bunny cartoons, modern art...finely tuned into a single piece of - ehm - garbage. I do, however, have two (actually three) pieces of art in there: the grand piano, the painting over the mantelpiece, and the sculpture of Mozart. All of it combined in a post-modern drawing that is...well...something different from my usual work.

Anyway, this one is solely for you Zyn, I hope you can live with what you made me do.

ps. between conceiving the idea for this piece and uploading it something like two hours have passed. So this is absolutely the fasted blitz entry I've ever done. I think it shows :)

Daniel Thomas

Nice work Misj', especially considering the amount of time!
Anyone working on something? I you do today would be the last day to ask for extension.

Daniel Thomas

Ok, so I will need to announce Misj' the winner. So congratulation!

I don't know what happened to all the background creators in this forum, but I hope they come back soon!
Now go and get that new BG blitz up and running so I can paint some backgrounds!  :)

Misj'

Quote from: Daniel Thomas on Tue 21/08/2012 12:42:34... Misj' the winner. ...
I would like to take a moment to thank each and everyone who voted for me. I believe this is not only a personal victory, but also a victory to art in general. A victory to those who's visions shall not be bleakened by the oppressing hand of society. Together we have shaken the very foundations of the status quo and we have prevailed. We...Were...Victorious!

;)

Snarky

Quote from: Daniel Thomas on Tue 21/08/2012 12:42:34
I don't know what happened to all the background creators in this forum

I'm guessing the answer is in the title of the thread: Background Blitz - Arts!! - 5 August to 20 August

Daniel Thomas

I'm sorry Snarky, I don't understand what you mean?

Snarky

It's summer. People are doing summer things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk