Ben Jordan Case 8: Relics of the Past

Started by Grundislav, Wed 08/08/2012 05:03:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Oh dear.
Time to replay all the series and recall what is it all about. ;)

david

After everything's said and done, what more can I say?
CONGRATULATIONS! You've really subscribed to the AGS history and you've been remembered in our hearts, for sure

PuNKKoMmANDO77

Yes! Finally the last chapter of the Ben adventures.
I grow up with this saga.
Congratulations Francisco!

axxesfun

Thumbs Up... for releasing this game as freeware!
Thanks You... for the whole series!
Congratulations... you made my day!

Only I feel -a little bit- disappointed if this will be ¿really? the last part... You should consider starting a project on http://www.kickstarter.com/ to collect some money and then to be able to continue working on another part! Guess, there will be lots of fans supporting you with the project!

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

m0ds

Congrats and I'm glad the time/space continuum didn't collapse because of it. Downloading with a hope to play it over the weekend! Kudos for probably the strongest series of AGS games :)

FamousAdventurer77

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Squee!! Can't wait to play this! What an awesome thing to wake up to. :)
If you want to know the Bible's contents, just watch Lord of the Rings or listen to the last 8 Blind Guardian albums. It's pretty much the same thing.

amateurhour

This looks amazing. As a newbie to the series I'm actually getting all of them now for a big marathon this weekend. Congrats on #8 !
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

Mike S.

What a great game. As with every release, you've outdone yourself. Fantastic.

The Fool

amazing, amazing game. Thanks for doing this, Grundi :)
:)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Andail on Wed 08/08/2012 10:37:46
Also wanted to share that it was impossible to run this on my laptop with Win 7 on it, until I changed the display resolution from 32 to 16.
Yeah, that's because the game requires to be run with DirectX 5 (my Windows changes color mode automatically though). One of the plugins (or both) used in this game does not support Direct3D 9 driver.

----
Ah, it seems that also requires to be run in compatibility with Win'98 mode to be able to save and reload. Probably only for some of non-latin locales.

Igor Hardy

Thanks to BJ8 I've now been to the best pub in London! Another thing off the bucket list.

fire

I finally played BJ 1 through 6 earlier this summer in a week or so, and will probably play 7 back-to-back with 8. Congrats on the series, G-R-U-N-Dislav!

tzachs

Holy crap!
Please cancel my appointments and hold all of my calls for this weekend!

A very happy (and also very sad) day.

Cogliostro

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

DazJ

Absolutely loving it! My only gripe (sorry!) is the low recording quality of Ben's voice - he sounds very muffled against everyone else. But apart from that, EXCELLENT! :D

buddha

Great! Congratz on getting it out the door! Guess what game I'll be playing this weekend. Me and my weekend thank you! :)

TomatoesInTheHead

Downloaded, will now finish all the work I've got to do as fast as I can, then gather my family around the pc, replay BJ 1-7 and then get to this Grand Finale. Happy days of square eyes ahead! ;-D

And I'm already excited as to what your next project will be!

agentbauer

Absolutely loving it, wonderful game. Too sad, that it is the last BJ game...
Finished it, and had much fun, thanks for this wonderful game, Grundislav :-D
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

an Urpney

Very enjoyable game indeed. Some some minor complains and thoughts : )
Spoiler

- Isn't penanggalan (flying female head with intrails) an asian monster? I was pretty surprised to see her in eastern Europe.
- Why does 1920s townfolks speak better English than many people here in Poland today? : )
- Why does 1920s gentleman speaks so modern English? : )
- I really hoped for some more backstory behind Percy's longevity; his promise to Arthur was just a little... unfulfilling.
[close]
Overall - thank you Grundislav for this great adventure! Shame Ben left paranormal investigating.
Signing off to look for the secret ending : )
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk