Finding Shepard *Mass Effect 3 Spoilers*

Started by Nightfable, Wed 08/08/2012 06:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Noelemahc

Just registered to say this:

* The HoldTheLine community has been made aware of your project and at least some of us are squeeing in excited yet subdued expectation of awesomeness.
* This is looking to be very interesting.
* Jack is totally my favorite LI in ME2.

That is all. Thank you for this.

Ymladdych

Quote from: Noelemahc on Sat 11/08/2012 18:13:19
Just registered to say this:

* The HoldTheLine community has been made aware of your project and at least some of us are squeeing in excited yet subdued expectation of awesomeness.
* This is looking to be very interesting.
* Jack is totally my favorite LI in ME2.

That is all. Thank you for this.
I agree with all of these statements.  It pleases me no end to see Jack front and center in this major fandom first.

So thank you again! 

Corsair27

I just joined this forum because i wanted to say that from the very moment I finished Mass Effect 3 (and fell into a depression that lasted several weeks, if not until today) I hoped that someone would do something like this!
The screenshot where Jack is shown near Shepard´s injured body on the Citadel could have been taken right from my mind, it´s almost eerie how you managed to transform my biggest wish for an after ME3 Destroy ending gameplay into reality. Even though my love interest has always been Tali (in every single playthrough) I just love the thought of being able to continue the story this way. And by THIS WAY I mean the way the fans wanted it to be, before all the bad things that happened post-release. You are making A LOT, if not all of us, the Mass Effect fans happy by creating this game. Thus I can only thank you from my deepest heart for doing this. Please don´t stop and keep up the good work!

Tycho

Looks like you're suddenly under a bit of pressure. ;) You're art is beyond great and you seem to have the attention of the community now. This could go in one of a million directions from here, but however it turns out, you are thrice the person I am for trying. I can't wait! I'll be watching! Good luck, et cetera.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that ShepxJack is my very close second favorite pairing (Talimancer alert), so I am doubly and triply excited for this. [INITIATE SQUEEING]

paantma

I was thinking someone should do something like this when I had completed the extended dlc (come on... Bioware doesn't look like they will), now to hear someone's working on making this, gets me excited. Good Luck!

Ohh and will there be an Ashley version??

Tycho

Quote from: paantma on Tue 14/08/2012 14:55:41
I was thinking someone should do something like this when I had completed the extended dlc (come on... Bioware doesn't look like they will), now to hear someone's working on making this, gets me excited. Good Luck!

I really hope people don't start with the "Will there be a ______ version?"...

Perhaps you should make your own Ashley-centric fan game! I'm guessing the author is making it about Jack because she is specifically fond of Jack as a character. It would sort of defeat the charm of a fan game starring Jack if you could just swap some other character in and out, and making a separate game for each LI would be an enormous amount of work for an unpaid fan.

But I don't mean to sound irate. Just throwing it out there. Like I said, perhaps you should make your own fan game. :)

Technocrat

Quote from: Tycho on Tue 14/08/2012 17:12:37
Quote from: paantma on Tue 14/08/2012 14:55:41

I really hope people don't start with the "Will there be a ______ version?"...

Perhaps you should make your own Ashley-centric fan game! I'm guessing the author is making it about Jack because she is specifically fond of Jack as a character. It would sort of defeat the charm of a fan game starring Jack if you could just swap some other character in and out, and making a separate game for each LI would be an enormous amount of work for an unpaid fan.

But I don't mean to sound irate. Just throwing it out there. Like I said, perhaps you should make your own fan game. :)

A version for the one-true-version of femshep/Garrus. The proper way to do it.

Tycho

Quote from: Technocrat on Tue 14/08/2012 20:20:50
A version for the one-true-version of femshep/Garrus. The proper way to do it.

Ah yes, my best friend Garrus. It's such a damned shame that he always dies in my non-Talimancing playthroughs...really, I HAVE to romance Tali, just to save his life...'cept when I'm romancing Jack or Liara. Then he's toast.

I was thinking of making a fan game in which ALL of the crew members need to cope post-ending. Jack, Kasumi, Samara, Miranda, and co. would need to survive stranded on Earth and hold their own against rogue, mindless husks et al, while the rest of the crew aboard the crashed Normandy would have to scavenge to repair the engines, get food, fend off wildlife et cetera. I had big dreams of importing a finished ME3 save-game and fixing the story based on the ending chosen, LI, and surviving crew. BUUUUUT it's way too huge for my current coding capabilities...I actually imagined it being played in the same style as ME2 and ME3, but it would probably be awesome as an action adventure game.

God, I am spamming the hell out of this thread. I'm just excited! I'm sorry! *zip lips*

tyrvas

Thank you Nightfable, just learned about Finding Shepard,
you just made my day, week, month and year much better.
I love Jack and now I love you too.

Hope all goes well for you. Good luck.

ps. hope you don't mind me posting your
picture of 'Shepard found' at the BSN forums.
Thanks again.

Nightfable

Working on the introduction. A little preview:
Model reference: Natassia Malthe

Ymladdych

Quote from: Nightfable on Wed 15/08/2012 23:29:47
Working on the introduction. A little preview:
Model reference: Natassia Malthe
Beautiful!  Natassia Malthe is a great model choice, too.  She can have an eery resemblance to Jack in some of her photos, especially the 3/4 shots.

ig299

I like the art in this game i'll make sure to play it when ever it comes out.

OrphanMakrBebop

I was directed here from ripten, and I am now registered here for the sole purpose of checking out your game.  If I wasn't so afraid of Mordin's disapproval, I would have hooked up with Jack in a heartbeat.  That being said, I think everything about this project is amazing!  Take your time, and tell the story that needs to be told.  We'll be behind you 100%

Steam_Shady

Need some help what? I can help with the plot, or design
I would like to participate)

Nightmare_vincent

Cant wait till the full version is out.
I actually romance jack XD

wetzlar

Registered here to bump this thread. I am a big fan of the Mass Effect Series. I was, however, very disappointed by both Jack's small role and the ending of ME3. I have since just kind of moved on, but this game looks awesome, and I look forward to playing it to finish my canon Shepard's story with a satisfying conclusion. I may even do another playthru for it, who knows. Anyways, keep up the good work, this looks fantastic!

Nightmare_vincent

SO any news on where this project is going?

FluidLogic

Nightfable -

Your game looks really good so far! I think I found out about it from RPS or Joystiq, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Either way, you clearly have some folks who are really eager to give it a try.

The art is really amazing and I think there's probably a lot of Jack fans looking forward to seeing her adventure.

So is there any news on how the project is coming? Lastly, is this the main forum for finding out about updates on game progress, or is there another board where you are posting newer info?

Thanks and good luck!

LostTrainDude

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

OG

Wow...

Those seven screenshots are sure circulating and getting a hell-of-a-lot-a press... No pressure Nightfable, lol! I guess that is the trap of the fan-game.

Best of luck ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk