Heist

Started by directorofSHIELD, Fri 10/08/2012 22:18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

directorofSHIELD

Project:
Heist (Working title) - An adventure game in which you assume various roles of an A-Team style band who is trying to pull off various heists.

Details:
Comedy ensues as our heroes' fearless leader begins the game in a White collar prison for tax evasion (definitely not bank robbery) and the rest of the team - a suave con man, a punk rock hacker girl, and a burly Russian - have to break him out.  But that's only the beginning; once out of jail, the team is blackmailed into helping an Italian mob boss get dirt on his Irish rival. They formulate a plan that hinges on the team leader's brother: a dorky big box store computer geek, who happens to look identical to the son of the Irish mob boss.  We're hoping to incorporate a unique "confidence meter" mechanic that will allow you to perform certain tasks faster and with more ease when it comes time to take control of the mild mannered brother.  We also plan to implement some cool hacking mini games when you need to bust into those criminal files and super computers.  We've already completed a lot of writing and have the story completely outlined.  We definitely want there to be some replay value to the game as well, so there will be multiple solutions to puzzles and outcomes based on earlier game decisions.

Positions Available:
-Background artist - We need some cool-looking backgrounds. Locations include: a white collar prison with various rooms, a tropical resort, a few seedy bars, a warehouse, a Best Buy style big box store and a mansion with various rooms - we can provide a basic sketch of the rooms
-Object artist(s) - Drawing stuff is fun! And man do we have a lot of stuff in this game
-Artists - we really need help here, specifically for animations
-Advanced coder - With AGS experience who like fun... and candy. We can totally send you a box of candy.
-Sound effects guy - We have a composer we're working with, but if you like action sounds and silly sounds, this game is for you

Deadline:
We're hoping to have our game finished sometime in 2013.

Comments:
Interested parties can reply to this thread or PM me.

Me (James) and my writing partner (Rudy) are both huge adventure fans and gaming enthusiasts in general.  While neither of us have made a game before, we have a history of thinking up, pursuing, and completing creative endeavors, including writing and directing plays, filming and editing short films, and staging sketch/improv comedy shows.  Simply put, we're doers, and this is something we're incredibly excited and serious about.  We've outlined the entire story, created puzzle and room trees, are already half-way through our puzzle doc, and have recruited some very talented artists and a professional programmer.  We also know a TON of quality actors (including, if we may be so bold, ourselves), so this one's definitely going to be a talkey.  If you'd like to join our team and help make A Good Game that you can proudly list on your resume, shoot me a PM with an introduction and samples of your work.  I'll also be happy to field any/all questions about the project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk