Summerbatch - sale has ended

Started by , Sat 11/08/2012 13:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate Volume 1?

I'm a happy whore! (excellent)
22 (55%)
It actually floats quite well
12 (30%)
Somewhere in the middle (of a parallel universe)
4 (10%)
Should be back in jail
1 (2.5%)
Smelly poop/piss (poor)
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: Sun 09/12/2012 11:23:15

Igor Hardy

November 11th is the Polish Independence Day. Nice touch, m0ds.

kalirion

So, when can we expect the sequels to these games?  Good to know that another Nancy title is in the works, but what about the rest?  Particularly PISS - leaving the story at that point would be as criminal as letting Deception be the last Blackwell game :).  Would also love another (now self-actualized) Old Man adventure, and to see more of that parallel universe as well.

AJA

I don't think there'll be an Old Man Adventure 2. He's earned his rest. ;)

Nor a prequel. He's past should remain a mystery. Every player can fill in whatever they think he's been through in his long life.

m0ds

I'm dishing out a few free copies for the next 20 mins or so at http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex

Watch the live feed on the main page for the discount codes :)

EDIT: Over now. I will do another one in the next couple of days!

Crimson Wizard

Yeah, right, I was actually going to pay for this. :)
Strange thing is, though, I can't make paypal checkout. I click "Purchase", then "Add to Cart", then enter "Amount", then click on "Checkout with Paypal", then it starts to process something and I end with PayPal error:
Sorry â€" your last action could not be completed
<...>
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
I tried few times with no luck.

m0ds

How odd, it happens to me too. Seems it stopped working around 8pm tonight. I haven't touched anything, so no idea where the problem originates but I'll look into it.

Edit - it seems to be a PayPal issue, something their end, like a service outage. Sorry about that (not a lot I can do though :/) I'd suggest trying again in 24 hours or so.

Seems to be working again! Try it not (you may need to clear your recent history/cache, Crimson Wizard)

selmiak

you should contact some more magazines and blogs to write about it now as this will draw some last minute customers in as the pressure of it closing is so close ;)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 30/10/2012 20:32:57
Seems to be working again! Try it not
No, ofcourse I won't (wrong).

Actually did. DLing now.

m0ds

4 days left of the sale. I invite you to watch the AdventureX webcast between 15:00 and 15:30 GMT on Friday, Saturday and Sunday where I will be giving away codes to get a free copy before the end of the sale*! That's the webcast at http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex

Thank you to everyone who's bought, played, enjoyed and reported back - we've recently crossed the 1000 purchases mark, woohoo!

* It's also a test to see if the webcast works okay, as it's the system we'll be using at AdventureX

m0ds

This bundle ends in less than 24 hours! Last chance to buy a teh copy! Log in to http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex at 15:00-15:30 GMT today Sunday 11th or a little later at 00:30-00:10 AM for some final give aways of free copies! Be sure to tune in too if you just want to see some funky live programming that probably won't stream very well via my mobile broadband ;) That said it DID work today for one lucky person who used one of the coupon codes to claim a free teh copy :)

m0ds

:afro: Viewership didn't quite reach 1.9mil so there are still a few free copies left over from the live stream. Add Summerbatch via "Purchase" at the website (click the image in my sig), use code "CHRISJONES" in the shopping cart, press "Update" and it's yours. A limited amount so when they're gone they're gone! And there's another giveaway in the dead of night at 00:30-01:00 tonight before the sale officially ends. Hope you enjoy(ed) the games!

(Haha nice one DKH. Guess who I'm listening to as that notification pops up ;))

m0ds

It's over! It's been a blast, have to do it again sometime :D Here are the final figures from the sale. I'm amazed how they rounded themselves off right at the end, but that's thanks to everyone who bought it over the sale period - nice one! 50p was of course the most popular payment, but a lot of folks also stuck to the 3.00 suggested price. Below are the top contributors who added quite a bit extra, we're grateful to those who gave generously, those who gave anything at all - and those who managed to pick up a free copy and send their wishes (you know who you Ponch are!)

Total copies sold: 1170

Top contributors:
Fabio T (66.6)
Ivan M (50)
Delia B (50)
Olli K (40)
Daniel O (30)
Sarah W (30)
Daniel M (25)

Total raised: 2500.18 GBP
Charity (x1): 250.00 GBP
Individual (x6): 375.03 GBP

Technocrat

I'll just add my thanks to everyone who got it!

Ghost

Congratulations on the sucessful bundle, guys. It's great to see adventure games making their way out into the world ;)

SarahLiz

Glad you guys had such a successful sale!  It was a pleasure to be a supporter & great fun to play. 

:)

AJA

Yes, thanks everyone for your support! I'm glad so many people seemed to enjoy our little games. :)

Peder 🚀

So Summerbatch developers, who is planning on continuing selling your games?

Technocrat

I certainly plan to. I'm engineering the voiced version of Nancy to sell, and then I just have to set up my website for e-commerce.

Peder 🚀

m0ds, how come the Summerbatch (Volume 1) is still sold on the screen7.co.uk website? :-/.

Technocrat, Awesome! I'll have to re-buy it to get the talkie version :D.

m0ds

Because it's still a Screen 7 product til the years' end. "Pay what you want" is over, for a little while post sale it's "pay the price we've set" ;) Also means it can still be given away & sold exclusively over AdventureX, etc. That said, the developers are free to get their games on sale wherever else now, so feel free to pester them to put their games on Steam, etc!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk