Summerbatch - sale has ended

Started by , Sat 11/08/2012 13:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate Volume 1?

I'm a happy whore! (excellent)
22 (55%)
It actually floats quite well
12 (30%)
Somewhere in the middle (of a parallel universe)
4 (10%)
Should be back in jail
1 (2.5%)
Smelly poop/piss (poor)
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: Sun 09/12/2012 11:23:15

piperhcombs

There's a bug in the PISS game.

Spoiler
If you click on the stone behind the guy who helps you with the hieroglyphs in one of the memories, the game crashes.
[close]

Otherwise it's awesome so far. I've also finished Nancy the Happy Whore which was lots of fun.

Errr...I think I clicked too fast. Missed a few lines or something, because I missed what happened at the end of PISS.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

m0ds

Thanks for letting us know about that error. It will be investigated!

You can download the banned trailer here  (laugh)

Dualnames

I just bought my copy of it. Paid like a cheapshot, but I shared the rest of my paypal money to AGSers, so it kind of counts as karma bonus.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Eric

Last night, I gave Nancy the Happy Whore my best. A delightful little game, with Sam n' Max style wackiness. I finished without a walkthrough nor without having to sling my stuff. I feel as though there were some references I didn't get -- like the name of the gas station, for instance. I hope Susie manages to get off the stuff and that

Spoiler
I didn't kill that snake
[close]

. PISS is up next for me.

fire

Quote from: m0ds on Wed 15/08/2012 02:04:32
As we reached £100 in the charity donation, here's a free copy for one lucky pissy whorey person to celebrate! Just enter discount code gh58hgjr8476 in the Cart, update and checkout for a free copy. When it's gone it's gone! Thanks for supporting teh batch :)

Claimed! Possibly by Babar. Are you sure that's the right email address you entered Babar? :P

Sorry, that was me. Claimed it for a friend. I'd be down for throwing in 3 pounds for you to give away another copy, though.

Babar

It was you? But...but... then what is this Summerbatch volume 1 setup I have on disk?! :O
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

abstauber

Is it already over? At least I can add anything to the cart :(

m0ds

Still another 85 or so days to go abstauber!! Perhaps if you're having issue adding it to cart on the Summerbatch website, you could try it via www.Screen7.co.uk (go to Budget games > Summerbatch > Add to cart). All the best! M

Alternatives:
Try going to the noframes site at http://www.screen7.co.uk/games/summerbatch
Try right clicking on the "Buy now" button/link to open the cart in a new window

piperhcombs

Yeah, on Firefox, clicking on "Add to Cart" on the Summerbatch website does absolutely nothing. It works just fine on Google Chrome though.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Mati256

I bought it last Sunday using Firefox and it worked perfectly. Are you using 14.0.1?
My Blog! (En Español)

abstauber

Yeah, I just checked again with FF 14.0.1, there's simply no "Add to Cart" button.

But I successfully purchased it via the Screen7 store, thanks for the tip, Mark :)

CaptainD

Enjoying Barely Floating, a bit stuck on it at the moment - love the fact that you can use hotspots in the room as topics in conversations.

Completed: Patchwork... enjoyable though very easy but wow, the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen in an AGS game.

Khris

I'm using Firefox (14.0.1) and a) there's an "Add to cart" button on the purchase page and b) it works just fine. It's simply a link, not some javascript stuff anyway, and you can see the target in the status bar.

About the games, don't they each deserve their own thread?

david

I just bought a bundle, very exited to give them a try
hope I helped a bit support a good thing

m0ds

Thanks david! It does :) Hope you enjoy. I've also removed the 720 link expiry time, now it's just 7 attempts (I can't actually make that much higher).

About Firefox - the buttons occasionally display with no background, so the link text (black) sits on top of the page background (dark color), but I thought I'd fixed that. But if both of you are running the same version yet experiencing different things, I don't know how to fix..perhaps you use different ad ons or settings enabled/disabled to one another.

The developers are keen to start their own threads... LimpingFish?

abstauber

That's how the page is rendered on my browser and there's no chance to add the bundle to the cart.

The highlighted summerbatch writing doesn't do anything.

m0ds

Strange, that's a version from about a week ago! :P Your FF is for some reason with-holding the latest HTML. Did you clear your cache?

SquirlyGirl

what a fantastic way to spend my weekend off :) hooray!

Is there a lot of traffic right now to the download? Its telling me like 2 hours remaining to download and normally a file that size I download in 15 minutes >.< Nothing else is running slow for me so I don't think its being caused from my end.

Fitz

Finished Nancy The Happy Entertainer last night! Another game with a morally skewed, yet extremely likeable character -- who, unlike Moira from PISS, is not in the least conflicted. It's so nice to see someone who actually LOVES their job :) Also, it's fun to play someone who makes mean FUN! :D In PISS, I tried to be nice to everyone for Moira's karma's sake. Here, I'd always chose the baddest, most mean-spirited thing to do or say - just for the laughs :) And laught I did - a LOT! The game makes fun of sex, violence, drug abuse, death, gender stereotypes, popular media and the occult in such wacky, unpretentious way that it's hard not to love it. There's a serious Sam'n'Max vibe to it - not just the humor or the graphics, but the puzzles, too. And as crazy as they were sometimes, they seemed intuitive and logical -- at least at 1 am -- and most of the time I knew right away what to do. Kudos for that :)

Now playing Barely Floating -- and again, having a great time controlling a not-so-pleasant character. The humor in this one seems different from the games I played previously, a lot more abstract and absurd most of the time. The info dude's eye-patch and the bartender's beard are my favorite examples of that. It's things that either go unnoticed or may seem a little quirky -- but when you ask about it = WTF? :) Snakes of Avalon comes to mind. It has the same surreal atmosphere, where no matter how crazy things happen, you just go with it.

m0ds

Quote from: SquirlyGirl on Sat 18/08/2012 03:19:24
what a fantastic way to spend my weekend off :) hooray!

Is there a lot of traffic right now to the download? Its telling me like 2 hours remaining to download and normally a file that size I download in 15 minutes >.< Nothing else is running slow for me so I don't think its being caused from my end.

Thanks squirly, it's that fatfreecartpro thing, it's a pile of poop. I'll make some enquiries, find out why it's so annoyingly slow.

Fitz - nice round up! Glad you're enjoying them :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk