Summerbatch - sale has ended

Started by , Sat 11/08/2012 13:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate Volume 1?

I'm a happy whore! (excellent)
22 (55%)
It actually floats quite well
12 (30%)
Somewhere in the middle (of a parallel universe)
4 (10%)
Should be back in jail
1 (2.5%)
Smelly poop/piss (poor)
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: Sun 09/12/2012 11:23:15

T.Hi

Are there any programs that will allow me to play, that will maybe simulate or mimic that resolution? Kind of like I can use DosBox to play DOS games.

I guess my only other option may be to buy another power cord for my Flat Panel TV (dog chewed up the first one), then connect it to the comp and have the program run on it, since the TV does have the option to run via comp and hopefully will support that res.

david

Hey T.Hi, you don't need to buy anything, just install that software I have posted earlier today and it will surely work for you, I have tried it, it worked :)
try swiftshader

T.Hi

David,
I did try that and I still got an error that it can't support 1024x728, which I have...or am I supposed to do something other than put the .dll file in with the game?

david

That's strange, cause, yeah, I copy the .dll file into the game directory, right there, and it works
But do you get the Configuration Settings also?
If no, I will send it to you, and you can adjust some parameters there
http://uloz.to/xLRJKbt/swiftshader-dx9-sm3-build-3383-zip
It is the ConfigSettings file included, so paste those two files into the game's directory and try to set it for you
hope this helps

T.Hi

David,
Thank you, but when I use your link, I think I'm asked to log in(?) And I DO have the Config file from my dl of SS but it's a link and when I click on it, I get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:8080"!

Never mind that last part; I figured out that I just put that link in with the game also and it'll create the config file. Unfortunately, it still didn't work and I get another error. I already paid for a cord for my TV - need it, anyway, have been minus telly waaaaaaay too long! - and so I'll play it on there when the cord arrives... I do thank you for trying to help, though.

Frodo

Just bought this through Mod's Screen 7 site.   :grin:

m0ds

Thank you Frodo. If you are the most recent buyer then that is one interesting surname! I can confirm that you did not spend £1mil on it. Hope you enjoy the games, and glad to hear you were able to do it via the s7 site!

I've noticed Chrome makes buttons go a bit funny and Opera simply won't ever load it. Can I ask what browser you viewed the website with?

Frodo

Hehe.  Glad you liked the surname.   :smiley:  I'm playing Barely Floating first, and I love it!   :grin:

I use Internet Explorer, and it seemed fine on there.   :=

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'm quite happy with my purchase overall, and three of the games were quite exceptional.

m0ds

Cheers ProgZ & Frodo! You folks have helped us reach £1500 ($2371.65) so that's another 50 quid to charity. Thank you!

1 free copy as thanks, when it's gone it's gone! Use discount code "fKrdxU2"

Chicky

Just dropped some money your way via my good friend Simon! Downloading now :=

*edit* Patchwork is awesome! A very charming little adventure. I think Ilyich did a fantastic job in establishing a world in which the player is instantly involved in, with some really charismatic characters. The artwork was beautiful and i really liked the animation at the end! Making my way through PISS now.

Ilyich

Hey, I just wanted to say big thanks to Chicky(Chook?!  :cheesy:), david, CaptainD, Fitz and everyone else who played and enjoyed Patchwork! I somehow missed the right moment to respond and thank you guys for the feedback, but I really appreciate it, and it's better late than never, right? :) Cheers!

CaptainD

Ilyich - you thanked us all in advance by making such a great game for us!  ;)

m0ds

There's also a new review of Patchwork here: http://yctag.com/patchwork-review/

And one of PISS can be found at: http://www.wraithkal.info/piss-review/

Also, a quick trailer is on page 1, as the first one got banned by YT .^^

And-or

Hey, just wanted to say that the batch is totally worth the money! And I'm actually a little guilty that I bought it so cheap, 'cause they games are awesome :)
First I played "Barely floating" - man, this game was hard! Was stuck several times. Yet, this is why I liked it, it's challenging.
Then I played "Nancy" and I really liked the humor and the graphics and a wacky storyline - reminded me of DOTT a bit :)
Now I'm playing "Patchwork" - first impression: "wow, what a cute graphics!" And: "If this game is long enough, I might like it even better than Simon the Sorcerer" :)

That said, I'm going back to enjoying the batch.
Big thanks to all the authors!

Nix

Hi there, Ive just finished patchwork and i loved it, beautiful! Currently playing barely floating but keep getting stuck!

Ive had a few problems with my games, right from the beginning when the download kept glitching and not opening. Now it have them setup I cant change anything in the winsetup window, so I cant run it in windowed mode or anything. If i click the actual "play *game*" link in my menu the game works ok, all but PISS which is just failing to run. I have enough memory available for it. Has anyone had similar problems or can anyone advise me on what i should try next? sorry im a bit vague i dont have access to my laptop the games r on right now so cant repeat the error messages i get!

Ilyich

Thanks, Nix, glad you liked Patchwork! :)

The problem you are having with winsetup probably has something to do with Windows' permissions. Try running winsetup as administrator (right-click -> Run as administrator).

Paul Franzen

Just finished playing my last Summerbatch game this morning! (Almost made getting up at 4:30AM because I was too sick to keep sleeping worthwhile. Almost.)

I bought the bundle for Nancy the Happy Whore (and honestly, I was only planning to play that one and just skim through the others), but Barely Floating and PISS really took me by surprise--both fun, intelligent games which kept me trying to squeeze more time in the day for just one more puzzle. I was also impressed with how much lore PISS and Patchwork were able to pack into such short games; they both seemed very much like they had expansive worlds beyond themselves that they were drawing from.

I posted about the bundle a bunch on Twitter, too; hope I can send a few more sales your way!
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

AJA

Thanks, Paul! Happy to hear you enjoyed Barely Floating! ;D
(And sorry about the karaoke puzzle since you seemed to have slight problems with that one based on your tweets. Be thankful, though, that we simplified it quite a bit from its first iteration. ;))

I see the one review for BF that I've come across hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread, so here goes:
http://yctag.com/barely-floating-review/

Since the sale is getting close to its end, we'll release some more stuff in a couple of days to try and persuade any who haven't yet bought the batch to do so. :)

m0ds

Annnd thanks to AJA you can now play a chunk of Barely Floating for free, see the demo page :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk