Barely Floating

Started by Fitz, Fri 17/08/2012 21:39:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

I'm stuck with a bunch of things:

Spoiler
1. I'm trying to get the bartender to wash his beard, but I can't get shampoo from my room.
2. I tied the rope to the statue and my cabin's door. Guessing it'll knock out the unwanted occupant of my room when he opens the door - but the problem is he won't.
3. I'm guessing the cyan dye will help me get Mohombian currency - but the painter won't let me near it.

Talked to everyone, exhausted all topics available at this time. Not sure what to do now.
[close]

CaptainD

Spoiler
2 (and therefore 1 as well) - you're on the right tracks, you need something slippery to help the statue along...
[close]

Fitz

I don't think I have anything like that. Right now, the only things I have are
Spoiler
the cane, the banknote, the pills, the leaf and the magazine.
[close]

Stee

Spoiler
Maybe someone would like that magazine
[close]
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

CaptainD

Quote from: Stee on Fri 17/08/2012 22:59:41
Spoiler
Maybe someone would like that magazine
[close]

Spoiler
And when he does, you might also be able to do something he wouldn't let you do with a nearby object...
[close]

Fitz

Spoiler
playing bingo. Figured out I have to change the music on the jukebox, since the one playing is the only one Pex likes - but I have no idea how I do that without getting dismembered ;)
[close]

Stee

Spoiler
Maybe someone else in the room can help you with the jukebox?
[close]
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Fitz

I asked
Spoiler
the bartender, the beard creature and Dave, who's standing next to it - and none of them seemed willing to change it. Should I just MAKE them do it, somehow?
[close]

Stee

Spoiler
Are you playing a game of bingo, or just plainly annoying Pex for no reason
[close]

No hints solution

Spoiler
ask Nab (the beard creature) to play bingo so that you have a card. go change the jukebox. Watch Pex flip out. Whilst talking to Dave click on the jukebox which should get Dave to help you distract him enough to switch the bingo cards
[close]

Did you pull an all nighter on this?  :-D

Fitz

Oh, yeah, that seems logical.

And nope, but pretty close :) Went to sleep at around 3am :) I blame the washing machine apocalypse from earlier that evening for keeping me up, alert and in constant need of a challenge late into the night. Played Barely Floating, got stuck, posted about it, went on to play Nancy in the meantime, finished Nancy, went back to BF and played till I got stuck, then some more, and posted about it right before I went to sleep at 2:59.

Khris

I'm stuck at the very beginning :-[

Spoiler
I'm in the room, got the pills. Can't do anything to anything. The guard just dismisses me. What am I missing?
[close]

Stee

Ah, can't exactly remember this

Khris have you

Spoiler
exhausted all dialogue options with Pex? Remember you can clikc on things in the environment whilst in dialogue mode to talk about them
[close]

or

Spoiler
use pills on door
[close]

Khris

QuoteRemember you can clikc on things in the environment whilst in dialogue mode to talk about them

I completely missed that that's possible. No wonder I was stuck. Thanks!

innerdrum

Hi there,
I'm stucked -feels like end of game is near-

Spoiler
Trying to comunnicate with other ships with computer, i get to identify myself and ask for help, when they ask what do i need, i type "hostages free" and then they ask who is responsable for this, tried "captain" and names that i remember from the game.
[close]

No luck so far.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

CaptainD

Spoiler
I think this stumped me for a bit until I told them that I was on a Pirate Ship... things then rolled on logically with information you could easily find on the readouts.
[close]

Fitz

This game is just too smart! It needs a walkthrough. Which is a a less self-deprecating way of saying *I* need one :P Yup, you guessed it - stuck again, and not so far from where I got stuck the last time.
Spoiler
I'm in the freezer/coldroom/what-have-you, and currently fighting Pex with my cane. Exhaused all topics of conversation. Can't grab anything or hit it with a cane -- other than Pex himself, obviously.
[close]

innerdrum

ok that did it just fine, Game ended.
Next, "Nancy th happy whore" -havent played yet, but my girl tried it and got to catch a glimpse, reminded my of leisure suit larry old games ♥-
Thanks for the help!

Stee

Fitz

Spoiler
If you time it well enough, wait until pex throws the extra knife strike, then you can actually hit him with your cane
[close]

CaptainD

Quote from: Stee on Sun 19/08/2012 02:04:30
Fitz

Spoiler
If you time it well enough, wait until pex throws the extra knife strike, then you can actually hit him with your cane
[close]

Spoiler
If you're still stuck, the point to try is when Pex goes "Har har".
[close]

Fitz

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 19/08/2012 09:18:15
Fitz

Spoiler
If you're still stuck, the point to try is when Pex goes "Har har".
[close]

Yeah, had to try a bunch of times, but eventually I figured that out.

Actually finished the game, just now :) I was about to ask for more help, like three times - but managed to figure it out on my own, somehow. Not an easy thing to do with a splitting headache ;) Not from the game itself. It was lots of fun! Definitely difficult -- but everything was logical, in some way or another. I'm just terrible at noticing things, a lot of times. Took me a while to notice the crate with coconuts ;) Also, if Joe says something not possible/not worth doing at the moment without giving a more detailed explanation why, I tend not to try it again -- and that got me stuck a few times. But the hardest part was the karaoke, took me a while to get everything right.

But in the end, that's what I love about adventure games and logic games. Takes more than just running and shooting to get things done. Definitely enjoyed the game :) It was funny, bitter, very surreal at times -- and featured some nice, complex gameplay mechanics, like talking about everything else in the room.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk